Author Topic: English Grammar  (Read 132 times)

Offline Adrian the Goat

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 37
  • Fursona Species: Goat
English Grammar
« on: January 26, 2017, 10:21:21 pm »
Today, I may have used perhaps the most radical sentence I've made in terms of grammar in the English language. This insideous sentence, so innocent yet so daunting is, "How have your days been?" Bare in mind that this question was addressed to several people which warranted the plural usage of "you". This sentence is rather peciluar because I can't tell whether or not it's correct and it bothers me greatly. My logic was found in the idea that many people have different experiences and that no day is the same for two people. Also, "you" is always conjugated as if it were plural all the time, even when it's being used in its singular case. "You have days," is a perfect sentence. It has nothing wrong with it. You can't say that use "has" with any singular noun which "day" is. This very question seemed all right to me at first, but the very first response regarded the span of multiple days, not just today which is what I was asking about. Does anyone whether or not the sentence is grammatically correct? If it isn't, I ask that you explain it to me. I know it's by far not the best way to ask the question, but it's what came to my mind first.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His