Author Topic: CPU Bottleneck?  (Read 330 times)

Offline Flimsy Fox

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 5
    • DeviantArt - FlimsyFox
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
CPU Bottleneck?
« on: January 28, 2017, 10:51:10 am »
Whenever I go on YouTube to watch videos, the videos always buffer on my PC. I know it's not my internet, because it's pretty much always 30 megs download speed. When I go to Task Manager, it says my PC CPU is at 100 percent load, and my wifi is at less than 1 percent. I do have integrated graphics, so I don't know if it's my graphics or my CPU that's taking the hit. I also do have a dedicated graphics card, but it's really noisy and I don't want to use that. So, can you please help me on this subject?

My system specs are:
450 watt power supply
An AMD A4-7300 APU with Radeon R7 Graphics
DDR3 8 Gigabytes of RAM
A Western Digital 1-Terabyte HDD
And a GeForce 8400 GS Graphics card( again, not using it because of noise)
  • Flag - usa
  • Pronouns: He/him/his

"once you discover one simple fact, and that is everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you, and you can change it, you can influence it, you can build your own things that other people can use. once you learn that, you'll never be the same again." -Steve Jobs

Offline Spooky Mag

• Ice or snow,
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 67
  • I'm ready to go!
    • FurAffinity - pinkcloud
    • Twitter - MarcSCarless
  • Fursona Species: Fox
Re: CPU Bottleneck?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 10:57:14 am »
I can assure you it's your CPU
I have an AMD A4 APU too (a 3300 instead of a 7300) and id definitley say its your cpu
I have the same issues, i ususally have to close most of my background programs because of how little bandwipth the processor has
Though your GPU could be a bottleneck if you're using Hardware Acceleration
  • Flag - britain
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His or She/Her/Hers

FT's #1 Train Enthusiast
Icon by Nitteh on Furry Amino

Offline LoyalPyra

• icon by serana, pixels by graham and cutgut.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 129
  • Armenian american
    • DeviantArt - timeitcorrectly
    • FurAffinity - timeitcorrectly
    • Twitter - @TimeItCorrectly
  • Fursona Species: Protogen
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 03:15:03 pm »
If you are experiencing problems like this, i'd recommend getting an A6 or A8 APU if you can, and I'd also recommend getting a GeForce 8600GT if you aren't going to be gaming, as they aren't expensive anymore, if you look in the right places you can get one for $5 and your system should be able to handle that.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - armenia
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist
Taken by nastybread

Offline Flimsy Fox

• Orange Level
    • DeviantArt - FlimsyFox
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 04:54:10 pm »
I can assure you it's your CPU
I have an AMD A4 APU too (a 3300 instead of a 7300) and id definitley say its your cpu
I have the same issues, i ususally have to close most of my background programs because of how little bandwipth the processor has
Though your GPU could be a bottleneck if you're using Hardware Acceleration

Thanks for the input! My friend will be giving me his old CPU and Motherboard when he gets new parts for his computer, which should make mine perform better.
  • Flag - usa

"once you discover one simple fact, and that is everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you, and you can change it, you can influence it, you can build your own things that other people can use. once you learn that, you'll never be the same again." -Steve Jobs

Offline Flimsy Fox

• Orange Level
    • DeviantArt - FlimsyFox
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 04:55:36 pm »
If you are experiencing problems like this, i'd recommend getting an A6 or A8 APU if you can, and I'd also recommend getting a GeForce 8600GT if you aren't going to be gaming, as they aren't expensive anymore, if you look in the right places you can get one for $5 and your system should be able to handle that.

Thanks! I plan on buying a new graphics card( although not sure when), which has 2 gigabytes of VRAM and isn't that expensive.
  • Flag - usa

Offline LoyalPyra

• Purple Level
  • Armenian american
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 05:46:23 pm »

Thanks! I plan on buying a new graphics card( although not sure when), which has 2 gigabytes of VRAM and isn't that expensive.

Which video card?
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - armenia
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist
Taken by nastybread

Offline Flimsy Fox

• Orange Level
    • DeviantArt - FlimsyFox
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 10:13:48 pm »

Which video card?

This one:http://m.staples.com/EVGA-GeForce-GT730-2GB-DDR5-902-MHz-Low-Profile-PCI-Express-2-0-Graphics-Card/product_IM1VS5475
  • Flag - usa

Offline Flimsy Fox

• Orange Level
    • DeviantArt - FlimsyFox
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 10:17:23 pm »

Which video card?

This one:http://m.staples.com/EVGA-GeForce-GT730-2GB-DDR5-902-MHz-Low-Profile-PCI-Express-2-0-Graphics-Card/product_IM1VS5475

Whoops, this is the one I found at Staples:http://m.staples.com/Geforce-GT-730-GraphicCard-2GB-128-bit-Video-Card/product_1674426
  • Flag - usa

Offline LoyalPyra

• Purple Level
  • Armenian american
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 10:42:18 pm »
Glad you chose the 2gb over the 4gb the 2gb is much more powerful than the 4gb one/
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - armenia
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist
Taken by nastybread

Offline Spooky Mag

• Ice or snow,
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 67
  • I'm ready to go!
    • FurAffinity - pinkcloud
    • Twitter - MarcSCarless
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 04:20:26 am »
If you're looking for a good, cheap card with 2gb of VRAM, i'd recommend looking into the Used  market.
I got my GTX 660 Super-clocked for around £40 and thats less than a GT 730 and its way more powerful
Of course, if you dont plan to game the GT 730 is still a good choice
  • Flag - britain
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His or She/Her/Hers

FT's #1 Train Enthusiast
Icon by Nitteh on Furry Amino

Offline Flimsy Fox

• Orange Level
    • DeviantArt - FlimsyFox
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 05:44:06 pm »
If you're looking for a good, cheap card with 2gb of VRAM, i'd recommend looking into the Used  market.
I got my GTX 660 Super-clocked for around £40 and thats less than a GT 730 and its way more powerful

Thanks! I'll look into it.
  • Flag - usa

Offline LoyalPyra

• Purple Level
  • Armenian american
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 06:34:36 pm »

Thanks! I'll look into it.
Hey, assuming you live in the US, if you do, the GTX 660 is a lot more than it is in the UK, I'd recommend a GTX 650/650 ti or a GTX 570/580
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - armenia
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist
Taken by nastybread