Author Topic: Nokia Lumia 928 Review  (Read 141 times)

Offline LoyalPyra

• Les Claypool's #1 Fan
  • Cookies: 136
    • DeviantArt - timeitcorrectly
    • FurAffinity - timeitcorrectly
    • Twitter - @TimeItCorrectly
  • Fursona Species: Protogen
Nokia Lumia 928 Review
« on: February 11, 2017, 07:59:03 pm »
The Nokia Lumia 928 is an amazing phone from 2013 it runs Windows Phone 8.0 and supports up to Windows Phone 8.1 Denim but sadly not the Windows Phone 10 update, every single Lumia 928 has 32gb of storage with no expandable storage, it comes in Black, White, and Red and is available on Verizon wireless it features a 2000mah battery with exceptional battery which can get you through a day of light to medium use, it has a 4.5inch AMOLED screen at a resolution of 1280x768 it has Corning Gorilla Glass 2 and is pretty scratch resistant, it has 1GB of RAM and 32gb of storage, it's camera is alright, it has an 8.7megapixel camera with optical image stabilization and defaults to an aspect ratio of 16:9 but can be switched to 4:3 and it has a Xenon flash rather than LED flashes that most phones have and supports video up to 1080p at 30fps and the front camera is anything but good, it's a 1.3 megapixel camera and is lacking features, it supports 720p recording at 30fps, the CPU of the Lumia 928 is a little lackluster in 2017 but it is still alright for Windows Phone 8.1 it has a Snapdragon S4 Plus dual core CPU and it features an Adreno 225 GPU. The internal loud speaker on the phone gets loud, but it sounds really tinny, the phone has an amazing DAC and features some cool audio options if you tweak with stuff in the settings.

So now I'll go over the pros and cons of the Nokia Lumia 928
Pros:
Xenon flash
Optical Image Stabilization
32gb of Storage
Amazing audio when using Headphones
Runs games on the Windows Phone store perfectly fine.

Cons:
1GB of RAM is concerning for some
They went with a Snapdragon S4 Plus instead of Snapdragon S4 Pro
No expandable storage
Did I mention the charging port is on top of the phone rather than the bottom?
Only on Verizon.
Lack of Windows Phone 10 update makes it a bad choice for some..

Now my opinion on this phone:
I really like the Lumia 928 it looks really nice, has a nice design, and the screen is good with colour it can be adjusted to how you like your screens, it has a lot less apps on the app store which can be annoying sometimes, but I still love it. If you want something with expandable storage this is not the phone for you or if you want something that can run Windows Phone 10 go for a Nokia Lumia Icon or Nokia Lumia 930, would I recommend this phone in 2017?  Yes totally! It's still a great phone and is fun to mess around with, just don't get a white or red one if you don't like phones with a glossy texture, if you have any questions about this phone feel free to ask me if I didn't cover something you wanted to hear about.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - armenia
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist
:pyra: