Author Topic: International Baccalaureate (IB)  (Read 236 times)

Offline Cotton Candy

• Green Level
  • Candies: 68
  • Fursona Species: deer
International Baccalaureate (IB)
« on: February 15, 2017, 05:38:30 pm »
Not sure if someone already posted this but here it goes.

My school offers an IB program and i recently signed up for it. I'm honestly scared.
If someone here knows a lot about it or has taken it before can we talk in private about it?
  • Flag - usa

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 129
  • sushi dog
Re: International Baccalaureate (IB)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 06:04:58 pm »
The IB is offered here i would talk to ya properly about it but i dont know enough i guess. I can say heard its the kinda thing you do a lot of different topics fairly hard since you juggle between them and do variety tho somethings u can do at a low level also u do all the extra things like a extended project i think? Good tho cos accepted around the world. Compared to in the UK alevels which are in depth still hard in a different sense higher level. Not sure if you knew this stuff already.
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline Dolly

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 78
  • King Thranduil is coolest
    • FurAffinity - zazanga
  • Fursona Species: Rabbit
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 01:33:52 pm »
Ah mate I was going to do the program but moved. However, many of my friends are in the IB and have a lot of stuff to say on it. I think the bottom line was that it's a ton (you don't sleep) of work, but you have access to practically any college. It's basically like the best safety net you can get.

If you think you've already got an idea of what you'll major in, partial IB is also an option. That way you could take IB level math and science classes, while still taking the normal English and history classes. Colleges specializing in maths and sciences will be just as willing to take you as a partial IB student then they would a full IB student.

In the end I'm definitely not an expert, but feel free to PM me and I'll answer any of your questions the best I can. If you're still worried and/or have really specific questions, definitely talk to your high school counselor because they'll probably know best.
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
pet me please                                   ENFP

Offline Aurum Collie

• Some collie guy
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 15
  • "Ars Longa, Vita Brevis." -Hippocrates
    • DeviantArt - pd1705
    • FurAffinity - pd1705
    • Twitter - @thatdangcollie
  • Fursona Species: Rough Collie
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 03:25:34 am »
I'm taking the Full IB Diploma, and I'm... surviving.

It's not that bad as people make it out to be, just do the stuff you're assigned to do and study. Focus on your classes. If you are taking the full diploma (or even just a few classes) don't, DON'T, do not, absolutely try not to, abstain from, and avoid procrastrinating on your Extended Essay or Internal Assessment. These are long pieces of work, and some deadlines may seem far away, but they'll get to you sooner or later if you don't pace yourself. If you keep up what your teachers assign you to do and study, you should be fine. Most of the people who make it out to be hell are... kinda right lol, but it's the hardest if you don't study for tests and don't like working on your assignments. It's a challenging program, but it's also quite rewarding in the end, knowing that you have basically taken "advanced" classes. Some of these courses may even be the equivalent to a first year, first semester university course.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His