Author Topic: Mid-2011 21.5 inch iMac review  (Read 108 times)

Offline LoyalPyra

• icon by serana, pixels by graham and cutgut.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 129
  • Armenian american
    • DeviantArt - timeitcorrectly
    • FurAffinity - timeitcorrectly
    • Twitter - @TimeItCorrectly
  • Fursona Species: Protogen
Mid-2011 21.5 inch iMac review
« on: February 25, 2017, 04:22:03 pm »
So today I am doing a review on the Mid-2011 21.5 inch iMac (Sorry if it isn't the best put together review.). So the iMac I have is a baseline Mid-2011 iMac with a 21.5 inch display it has a beautiful 1920x1080 TFT LCD display, the display produces colour very well and has a very well viewing angle range for a TFT display, the other specs are a quad core 2.5GHz Core i5 CPU with 6MB of level 3 cache (It's also available in a 2.7GHz Core i5 or a 2.8GHz hyperthreaded quad core Core i7), 4gb of DDR3 1066 RAM (Upgradable to 16gb), it has a 500gb 7200RPM SATA hard drive, a AMD Radeon HD 6750M which is good enough to play some games (But this isn't made for gaming so don't expect to play everything.) the GPU has 512mb of VRAM (And if you had the 2.7GHz Core i5 model you could get a Radeon HD 6770M), it has 4 USB 2.0 ports, a FireWire 800 port, one thunderbolt 2 port (Which is also a mini display port), an SDXC card reader on the side, a Gigabit Ethernet port, audio out, audio in, it has a DVD drive, and last but not least features Wifi 802.11a, b, g, and n it also has Bluetooth 2.1. So one of the best things about the iMac in my opinion are the integrated speakers, they sound really nice and get really loud compared to other all in one computers. It also has an integrated microphone, and the computer gets hot on the back, but the aluminum body makes it easier for it to dissipate heat.

So now I'll go through the pros and cons.

Pros:
Great screen
Really good speakers
Has enough ports for all of your peripherals
Doesn't take up much space

Cons:
It gets somewhat hot on the top back of it and it can be uncomfortable to touch (At least you rarely need to touch the top back of it.)
It gets a little less supported as it ages but currently it's fine
It doesn't have two thunderbolt 2 ports
Doesn't have USB 3.0 (Which was widely available at the time

Would I recommend this computer in 2017?
Yes, but if you do get one I'd look for the 2.7GHz i5 model or the 2.8GHz i7 model, but the baseline model will still be supported for a few more years (Since Apple tends to support their desktop PC's longer than most.), it's still a good computer, if you want a more powerful iMac or a bigger screen, I can recommend the 27 inch 2011 iMac as it has better CPU and Graphics options and more ports than the 21 inch model.

Thanks for reading ^^
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - armenia
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist
Taken by nastybread