Author Topic: Zotac nVidia GeForce GTX 660 Review  (Read 122 times)

Offline LoyalPyra

• icon by serana, pixels by graham and cutgut.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 129
  • Armenian american
    • DeviantArt - timeitcorrectly
    • FurAffinity - timeitcorrectly
    • Twitter - @TimeItCorrectly
  • Fursona Species: Protogen
Zotac nVidia GeForce GTX 660 Review
« on: February 26, 2017, 07:23:49 pm »
So this review's going to be a bit shorter than most of my other reviews.

The product I'm reviewing today is a computer part and it happens to be a video card, I'll go over the specs.
Cuda cores (stream processors): 960
It has a base clock of 980MHz and a boost clock of 1033MHz
It features 2GB of GDDR5 VRAM at about 5000-6000MHz
It requires a 450 watt power supply and requires one 6 PIN PCI-E power connector
While the card requires more power than the 750 or 750ti it runs a bit better and is a nice alternative if you get one used.
It supports 2 way SLI, nVidia Shadow Play (Something nVidia GPUs have to record screens with little to no frame rate drops at all.), Support for DirectX 12, Ansel, nVidia Surround, and G-SYNC (Kinda like an nVidia exclusive V-Sync and has some extra features.).

Now I've only tested this video card on a few games so you might want to find some benchmarks on a Youtube video or benchmark website.
(The games were tested on a Core i7 5820k with hyperthreading disabled and the Core i7 5820k was clocked at 4.3GHz and 32gb of System RAM)
CS:GO on High settings with 2x MSAA and TXAA enabled: Minimum FPS: 60, Average FPS: 170 Max FPS: 350
World of Tanks on Max settings: Minimum FPS: 50, Average FPS: 70-110, Max FPS: 150
Minecraft: Smooth lighting Maximum, 28 Chunk Render Distance, Fancy Graphics, Fancy Clouds, FOV Quake Pro, Mipmap levels 4, VBOs on, alternate blocks on, Particles all, Entity shadows on, Resolution: 1920x1080 Fullscreen. Minimum FPS: 60, Average FPS: 153, Max FPS: 568.

As you can tell the card runs pretty well on the games that were tested, it's still a great card considering you can get them used for $35-$115 USD.

Would I recommend this card in 2017? Maybe, it depends on what you will be playing, if you will be playing lighter titles, I'd definitely recommend it, just don't expect it to run games at 8k with everything maxed out, but yeah I'd recommend it if you need a fairly cheap card and are alright with going used, as always thanks for reading my review, and have a nice day.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - armenia
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist
Taken by nastybread