Author Topic: Committing  (Read 111 times)

Offline cvds

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 18
Committing
« on: February 27, 2017, 01:27:19 am »
Hey, long time no see ft. I've been struggling with art for several years, and I want some artists opinions on how to possibly move past this struggle. I feel like my problem with art is committing to actually out time in and get better, usually when I'm drawing I claim that art is trash after about 10 minutes of trying then I move on to a different activity. I guess I'm afraid of making something bad(?) I do not want go through my life with out having some sort of artistic ability, but I am finding it very hard to commit, anyone have any tips? Should I just suck it up and live with my bad drawings for a couple years? Any tips are appreciated
sleepy

Offline Flora

• ♥ Perseverance ♥
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 146
  • Autobots, roll out!
    • DeviantArt - BeautifulGalaxia
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: Committing
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 12:41:51 pm »
Improvement comes with practice. Sometimes you have to accept that the art is not gonna be perfect, and that's okay. Because the more you draw, the more improvement you will make so you can fix what was wrong. Don't let the fear of imperfection stop you from trying to learn. After all when you're new to something, you're bound to make some mistakes. Soo all I can suggest is to try and keep drawing. Perhaps look at anatomy pictures for reference, or follow drawing challenges! That always makes it interesting. Maybe try to draw one drawing a day. Then after some improvement is made you could try recreating the drawing and see how much improvement there is! :fox-:): If you're still learning but only want to draw if it's gonna be perfect, you're not gonna move forward. Instead of thinking about how 'awful' it may be, think about the improvement instead. What you're good at. And if you cant find much, just keep drawing. There's a difference between constructive criticism and flat out negative comments, whether it's from yourself or other people. Don't listen to the bad thoughts, just draw for the fun of it! PLUS everyone has their own style. For example, just because you may not be able to draw something realistically, doesn't mean it looks bad. there's tons of styles out there and they look amazing.
  • Flag - canada
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
| Avatar by Nagi | AMA | DeviantArt |
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.