Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Draconisss

• Red Level
  • Candies: 1
Final Fantasy XI
« on: March 18, 2005, 03:35:46 pm »
Hehe, well, to say the least, Final Fantasy XI can be nothing short of amazing, yes there is a monthly fee which the price ranges depending upon how many chars you have, though it is worth it. It is not an easy game, the further you get into it, the more you are required to work with others, even to level, and to unlock the special jobs, you have to reach level 30 and do many quests, there is just far too much to explain about this game, it is complicated, and yet simple. There are always over 2000 players on a single server at a time, so there are always people around.

Offline Spectrum

• Red Level
Final Fantasy XI
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 02:11:29 am »
I could point out the bad things about this, but you are right, its a good game :)

Offline Draconisss

• Red Level
Final Fantasy XI
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 04:42:14 pm »
Hehe, feel free to point out the downsides, though, only one I see is needing parties, as for something like the fact that it is time consuming, you have to be willing to give the time and effort for a good game, Hehe, Took me almost two months to unlock all the locked classes^^;

Offline Spectrum

• Red Level
Final Fantasy XI
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 01:42:18 am »
Cons -

Unable to solo unless Beastmaster or Summoner past 14 or 15
Dragoons are horrible broken
Hard to communicate with more than half the server due to language barrier unless you know Japanese(I've had the game since Japanese launch, so it wasnt a problem for me)
Higher level parties where people would take the Warrior/White Mage over a White Mage missing a single MP earring.
HNM. Nuff Said XD
Spending hours in a party getting ready just to have the Whitemage accidently catch aggro, die, then quit, killing off the entire party, which is stuck out in the middle of nowhere, thus wasting your entire day.
Last but not least, spending an ENTIRE MONTH just getting one piece of your Dynamis armor.

I stopped playing after I accomplished reaching lvl 75 as a Summoner with the sub job of a 37 white mage, anhilated the Gods, took on the Ark Angels, Eald'Narche, Omega Weapon, Ultima Weapon, Bahamut, the three Diabolos, Dynamis Lord for all Dynamis locations, and even got my Dynamis armor, and weapon to lvl 5.

I love the game, but all of my friends, including my linkshell went to World of Warcraft, after trying it out, I find it to be just as fun, if not funner.

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Candies: -65493
Final Fantasy XI
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 03:00:43 am »
Quote from: Spectrum

I love the game, but all of my friends, including my linkshell went to World of Warcraft, after trying it out, I find it to be just as fun, if not funner.

Do a review on World of Warcraft please I wanna know how good it is because no one IRL can't give me a striaght answear >.< it would be appreciated by me ^.^

Offline Spectrum

• Red Level
Final Fantasy XI
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 04:30:17 am »
Quote from: Simba Dude

Do a review on World of Warcraft please I wanna know how good it is because no one IRL can't give me a striaght answear >.< it would be appreciated by me ^.^

Sure thing, expect one tomorrow :)

Offline Draconisss

• Red Level
Final Fantasy XI
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 06:33:19 pm »
Cons -

Hard to communicate with more than half the server due to language barrier unless you know Japanese(I've had the game since Japanese launch, so it wasnt a problem for me)
Higher level parties where people would take the Warrior/White Mage over a White Mage missing a single MP earring.
HNM. Nuff Said XD
Spending hours in a party getting ready just to have the Whitemage accidently catch aggro, die, then quit, killing off the entire party, which is stuck out in the middle of nowhere, thus wasting your entire day.
Last but not least, spending an ENTIRE MONTH just getting one piece of your Dynamis armor.

I stopped playing after I accomplished reaching lvl 75 as a Summoner with the sub job of a 37 white mage, anhilated the Gods, took on the Ark Angels, Eald'Narche, Omega Weapon, Ultima Weapon, Bahamut, the three Diabolos, Dynamis Lord for all Dynamis locations, and even got my Dynamis armor, and weapon to lvl 5.

Hehe, well, as for the soloing part, that is the downside to the game, to get anywhere, you have to work with people^^ Dragoons are a bit bad, though, they are not meant to be Damages Dealers or tanks, you also have to know some little tricks for each class^^ Hehe, the language barrier... well, I have not had that problem really, the majority of the people on between noon and midnight are english, though, japanese seems to take over a lot later^^ as for a war/whm being picked over a whm... someone is apparently not very smart, war/whm is a terrible combination too, and people can be a pain in the rear. Hehe, and when a whm does disappear and kills off the party in most cases, just had to learn to deal with it, will happen in 1 out of 10 parties^^ also is the reason tanks need to constantly keep provoke, and a backup tank helps^^ Dynamis armor, hehe, the key for that is to find a good dynamis ls, my friend has completed his armor in one month^^ they had an interesting setup^^ U an bit as far, in fact, am only working on leveling lately^^; and am only pointing out just things I notice or think of^^; though, I never liked WoW, not sure why^^;

Offline Spectrum

• Red Level
Final Fantasy XI
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 05:31:29 am »
Quote from: Draconisss
Cons -

HNM. Nuff Said XD

Hehe, well, as for the soloing part, that is the downside to the game, to get anywhere, you have to work with people^^ Dragoons are a bit bad, though, they are not meant to be Damages Dealers or tanks, you also have to know some little tricks for each class^^ Hehe, the language barrier... well, I have not had that problem really, the majority of the people on between noon and midnight are english, though, japanese seems to take over a lot later^^ as for a war/whm being picked over a whm... someone is apparently not very smart, war/whm is a terrible combination too, and people can be a pain in the rear. Hehe, and when a whm does disappear and kills off the party in most cases, just had to learn to deal with it, will happen in 1 out of 10 parties^^ also is the reason tanks need to constantly keep provoke, and a backup tank helps^^ Dynamis armor, hehe, the key for that is to find a good dynamis ls, my friend has completed his armor in one month^^ they had an interesting setup^^ U an bit as far, in fact, am only working on leveling lately^^; and am only pointing out just things I notice or think of^^; though, I never liked WoW, not sure why^^;

Believe me, I know some very nice tricks for the classes, your talking to endgame material, I had to go through tons of trial and error to get where I was. Though Dragoons are ment to be damage dealers, they cant be a tank, nor a mage of any kind with out JSE or AF Helmet from what I recall(Yes, high lvl DRG's could make nice healers thanks to that helmet). There isnt much anylonger for the DRG to be, before they were nerfed, DRG's were a force to be reckoned with if subbing SAM.

And unfortunately, yes that was a case once, a Warrior/Whitemage got taken over the WHM/BLM, which freaked me out. And endgame, its extreamly hard to get by without a WHM, unless its an army of WAR's using Provoke when someone gets low on health, then uses potions or subs WHM..(BAD IDEA WAR! BAD BAD IDEA!) Or SMN/WHM or BLM/WHM or RDM/WHM, though abit harder except SMN/WHM due to mass mp pool.

Though one thing bugs me, why tell me stuff I know? Unfortunately for me, Midgardsormr lacked good LS's that focused on Dynamis, hell, even the JP ones were to busy with Tu'Lia.

On a positive note, if you do bother to keep up with the game till 75, I say you'll make a very nice leader, you have good idea's, something that my FFXI timeline's population lacked serverly..

Every try WoW? Its alot easier, though there are more asses, and the servers were down frequently early 05. I'm considering making a return to FFXI sometime. If I do, buy me a World Pass to your server ^^ maybe I'll get lucky and stumble on an old friend or two.

Offline Draconisss

• Red Level
Final Fantasy XI
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 02:36:55 am »
Hehe, I have no problem with buying a worldpass, and actually, reason I explain some things, is not for you, but the veiwers, afterall, it is a review, want people to be interested in playing it and joining it, did a garrison the other day as well, lets just say I should have over 100k gil from the results, everything is being split evenly by someone we trust and know well^^;

Offline Spectrum

• Red Level
Final Fantasy XI
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 10:01:52 pm »
I can get over a Million in no time >__> *yays for being able to HQ stuffs*

Fun fact: If you can HQ, everyone will seek you out, and it will be a dead give away from the badass shades you wear X3