The Arts > Reviews

Transformers:Exodus and Transformers: Exiles

(1/3) > >>

☆Sugar☆:
Another Transformers review no one will care about, but this time it's about books

One of the reasons I love Transformers: Exodus is how much Cybertronian history it provides. The description of a society divided by castes and the unequal treatment of the lower castes who gradually begin to rise up and demand their rights, following the inspirational words of the Kaon gladiator Megatronus. The thoughts of Orion Pax, a mere librarian working in the Iacon database, and his relationship with Megatronus as they exchanged their opinions and their own ideas of how to create an equal society. The beginnings of a war, brothers becoming rivals, the destruction of a whole planet, it's just! All! So! Great! It's wonderfully written! The way Optimus is written is great too, especially being able to hear his thoughts and internal conflicts.
If you like alien politics and war, or just like Transformers and want to know more about their history, I would definitely recommend this book. You don't really have to know much about Transformers to enjoy it.

Transformers: Exiles takes place off of planet Cybertron after the Autobots have fled a dead planet. They visit the planets Velocitron and Junkion, where they find other Cybertronians who have not had contact with Cybertron for who knows how long. Each planet has its own culture and is so incredibly unique from the other. The whole time the looming threat of Megatron's arrival leaves the Autobots uneasy and Decepticon ideas and beliefs are spread to planets before Megatron even gets there, but how???? That's a detail I won't give away. This book also has a whole bunch of great Transformers lore, which I love, and introduces a bunch of new and interesting characters.

Honestly I'm bad at reviewing things, but these books are super good and you should totally check them out if you like transformers or are interested

Flora:
Ahhhh I've gotta check out those books. XD I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for them. They sound really interesting, from what you've described!
Are they based off of the Transformers Prime show?

☆Sugar☆:

--- Quote from: Flora on February 28, 2017, 05:57:33 pm ---Ahhhh I've gotta check out those books. XD I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for them. They sound really interesting, from what you've described!

--- End quote ---
I believe they're in the same universe!

Flora:

--- Quote from: Sugar on February 28, 2017, 05:59:09 pm ---
--- Quote from: Flora on February 28, 2017, 05:57:33 pm ---Ahhhh I've gotta check out those books. XD I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for them. They sound really interesting, from what you've described!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Awesome!! Reminds me of the episode where they showed flashback images of Megatronus and Orion Pax. I'm guessing the first book is sort of about that?

☆Sugar☆:

--- Quote from: Flora on February 28, 2017, 06:01:25 pm ---
--- Quote from: Sugar on February 28, 2017, 05:59:09 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Awesome!! Reminds me of the episode where they showed flashback images of Megatronus and Orion Pax. I'm guessing the first book is sort of about that?

--- End quote ---
It's exactly about that, and the war that followed afterwards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version