Author Topic: Site ideas.  (Read 476 times)

Offline Taxidermy Jake

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 6
    • DeviantArt - Julian1000bcz
    • Twitter - Julian1000bc
  • Fursona Species: Dog
Site ideas.
« on: February 26, 2017, 08:17:55 pm »
So I had ideas that might make this a good site.
1. Active Chat thing- basically where you see people type over and over chatting about stuff and you can also also.
2. Art live video/chat- basically where you have people on Different things doing live art videos commissions,requests etc.
3. Furry page on Facebook- I know tons of furries and even famous ones I am friends with that would love to join this site and knowing fb is popular why not make a fb page of furryteens.com
4. Art showing- basically where art is being showed of those who have made kinda like chicken smoothie but not the same like thing.
These are my ideas so far that might make better and a awesome site.
  • Flag - http://furryteens.or
  • Pronouns: He, him/they,them

Offline Aurum Collie

• Some collie guy
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 15
  • "Ars Longa, Vita Brevis." -Hippocrates
    • DeviantArt - pd1705
    • FurAffinity - pd1705
    • Twitter - @thatdangcollie
  • Fursona Species: Rough Collie
Re: Site ideas.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 08:35:34 pm »
Maybe even have an open voting thread for a featured "artwork of the week" or something!

Also, starting up FT radio or podcast again would be cool.

Instant messages, like Eli said, would be awesome, even have a general chat and other subsections like RP or specific chats.

Have an event calendar, where everything is planned although I think there is one already, I don't know xD
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:02:01 pm by PD1705 »
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 831
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 08:47:06 pm »
Thanks for the ideas guys!!

To address the chat ideas specifically there has been some discussion about reviving our old IRC channel, though it likely won't be happening soon because we would need to have active mods for it
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 594
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 09:00:53 pm »
Thanks for the ideas guys! Its always appreciated  :lion: I'm gonna address them the best I can:

1. Active Chat thing- basically where you see people type over and over chatting about stuff and you can also also.

Like Mystic said, a live chat is pretty hard for us since we'd need at least 1-2 designated mods for it, and that's a hard position to fill since live chats are substantially harder to moderate than forum topics. Right now, any sort of chat is a firm "no"; but if we figure something out, we'll definetly consider it!

2. Art live video/chat- basically where you have people on Different things doing live art videos commissions,requests etc.

This is a fun idea, and I think its been brought up before! We'd have to make it a weekend or something (not an all-time thing) because of the moderation issues, but it'd be great otherwise! Maybe something for Species Change Week coming up, or FT's anniversary this summer?

3. Furry page on Facebook- I know tons of furries and even famous ones I am friends with that would love to join this site and knowing fb is popular why not make a fb page of furryteens.com

I've been thinking about this and I'm sure others have, I'm just not sure what we would post? If you (or anyone) has ideas on what we could post on the page we'd love to see them ^^ The hard part is creating content that doesn't take away from the forum itself, since social media is already our biggest "competitor"

4. Art showing- basically where art is being showed of those who have made kinda like chicken smoothie but not the same like thing.

We're working on that actually  :lion: We have a furaffinity page where we're planning to showcase art. I realize not everyone has Furaffinity so we'd probably feature things here, too. And of course, all creative works, including music and writing, would be featured c:

Have an event calendar, where eveything is planned although I think there is one already, I don't know xD

We do have a calendar in our forum software, but its not active right now. If there's interest in it being active again we can look into setting it back up. It displays birthdays by default, and then I think we could put other forum events in
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Taxidermy Jake

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 6
    • DeviantArt - Julian1000bcz
    • Twitter - Julian1000bc
  • Fursona Species: Dog
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 09:09:54 pm »
I'm on 24/7, since I am in computer college and stuff personally I have been mod and owner in lots of groups on fb and g+ and would be happy to mod.
  • Flag - http://furryteens.or
  • Pronouns: He, him/they,them

Offline Dyno Fluff

• Will you be loving me forever...
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 78
  • ... Or will you be loving me just tonight?
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 09:26:31 pm »
Changing inactive members names by adding numbers on it. It's kind of disappointing to see somebody come in and snatch the name Neko, and only stay for a short time before leaving pressumably ever.

Make it so you can stop getting notifications from certain topics that you naively commented on.

Make it so that you can search up single letter words in the search bar, because there are like am ∞ amount of topics that have that in it. Oh, and making it so that it also searches for, 2 lettered words. While you are actually permitted to put 2 letter words, unlike single letter, it still doesn't factor that into the search.
♪ How do I say goodbye to what we had? The good times that made us laugh, outweigh the bad. I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever's gone away. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday♪
The Chaotix animated by AndrewHDz

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Merry and Bright
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 10:02:56 pm »
Changing inactive members names by adding numbers on it. It's kind of disappointing to see somebody come in and snatch the name Neko, and only stay for a short time before leaving pressumably ever.
Most of our names are taken by people who signed up and never used the site or only made a few posts. In both cases most of these people are still using the username they signed up with, that name is then is then "claimed" forever. Regardless of whether or not we change their display name their username would still be taken and charging those is not an option as it would prevent them from ever logging into their account again. So while it may be frustrating to not have the name you want available we will not be changing innactive members user or display names
Make it so you can stop getting notifications from certain topics that you naively commented on.
The notification features are a part of SMF (the software we use), they're coded into the software itself and we have no control over it unfortunately.
Make it so that you can search up single letter words in the search bar, because there are like am ∞ amount of topics that have that in it. Oh, and making it so that it also searches for, 2 lettered words. While you are actually permitted to put 2 letter words, unlike single letter, it still doesn't factor that into the search.
While we technically have the option to turn this feature on (I think?) the reason why it's disabled is because words like "I" or "a" are used in nearly every post on the forum so it would take A LOT of server energy (therefore making the site much more expensive to run) to search through all the posts containing these letters
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline BerryCake550

• Stock Image Smuggler
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 128
  • chocolate macandeeum
  • Fursona Species: Hairless Chihuahua
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 10:15:58 pm »
Hahah I'd love to be a Chatroom mod, I've had so many experiences in Chatrooms-Plus I'm on FT almost 24/7 :fox-:P:
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer
"I never set out to be weird, it was always other people who called me weird" - Frank Zappa

:shrimp:

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Merry and Bright
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 10:18:00 pm »
Hahah I'd love to be a Chatroom mod, I've had so many experiences in Chatrooms-Plus I'm on FT almost 24/7 :fox-:P:

I'm on 24/7, since I am in computer college and stuff personally I have been mod and owner in lots of groups on fb and g+ and would be happy to mod.

While there has been discussions about reopening the IRC the staff are still not in favour of doing so. As Icee said it's a firm "no" currently. While we appreciate you offering your time however if we ever decided to actually reopen it anyone interested in modding would have to apply as a board mod first as modding real-time conversations is much harder than modding a forum and IRC mods would be help to the same standards as our site staff
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 10:29:36 pm by Mystic »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Dyno Fluff

• Will you be loving me forever...
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 78
  • ... Or will you be loving me just tonight?
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 10:21:23 pm »
A contest be held for art on the front page I suppose. I don't know, something to fix that barren place. because I don't know how it actually is for you mods, but it doesn't feel like a huge overhaul going on right now.
♪ How do I say goodbye to what we had? The good times that made us laugh, outweigh the bad. I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever's gone away. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday♪
The Chaotix animated by AndrewHDz