Author Topic: Bluegrass Music  (Read 124 times)

Offline Adrian the Goat

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 37
  • Fursona Species: Goat
Bluegrass Music
« on: March 01, 2017, 10:52:10 am »
Kentucky has many traditions all spanning many years throughout history. One of the most prominent traditions that is recognized worldwide is the Kentucky Derby. A lesser known tradition is a genre of music called bluegrass. Bluegrass music originated from the traditional folk songs of the Appalachian people in the eastern part of the state. The term bluegrass refers to the grass grown across the state, especially in the Lexington area, which bares blue tips when they bloom. The music itself is mainly popular in Kentucky and Tennessee although it has seen quite little attention. I honestly like some of the bluegrass songs such as "Blue Moon of Kentucky" by Bill Monroe. The music reminds me a lot of early country music, although bluegrass typically expresses a more accented brand of instrumentals. The banjo and violin are staples of bluegrass music as well as the madeline which is an instrument that sees very little action in modern music although it's quite the beautiful instrument. For those of you who are fans of sport, the original version of "Rocky Top Tennessee" is a bluegrass song. I'd definately reccomend some of you to listen to bluegrass music sometime, especially if you're a fan of country music. Bill Monroe was a great artist and I'd reccomend him to anyone interestes in listening to a Kentucky classic. Do any of you like bluegrass music?
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• We are the exiled ones
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 165
  • The lost daughters and sons of Cybertron
    • DeviantArt - SugarLonghorn
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
  • Fursona Species: Longhorn
Re: Bluegrass Music
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 10:56:30 am »
http://www.furryteens.org/forum/index.php?topic=28013.0
:3c

But hey, I love bluegrass too, though I don't listen to very much of it. I'd like to learn to play the banjo.
  • Flag - xmaslight
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

"Everyone assumes that if you make jokes, you're happy. Why? Why is that?" ~Swerve
please pet cow~art tumblr~other tumblr~deviantart

Offline Eagertail

• the person to talk to
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 15
  • a pansexual furry and PROUD OF IT!
    • FurAffinity - Eagertail
  • Fursona Species: wolf
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 10:17:14 pm »
i love the crap out of bluegrass honesty i love everything
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - demiboy
  • Pronouns: he/him/his (perferd) she/her/hers
A pencil may have many good ideas, but without a point it is useless.
-Eagertail-

:dogs:

https://please.pet/eagertail

Offline Halus

• Green Level
  • Candies: 77
  • No step on snek
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 02:56:20 pm »
Bluegrass is one of the first types of music to appear in American culture (there was music before but this was one that we made lulz). It's pretty catchy and the people that plays the banjos and fiddles are pretty cool. My grandfather used to listen to it when I was little
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: It/its they/them/their whatevs