Author Topic: Macki (The shuffler Saga) by Alina Simon  (Read 120 times)

Online Faithfull

• Always give %100
  • Candies: 329
  • Unless your giving blood. Save some for me, geeze.
  • Fursona Species: Vamperic Tiger
Macki (The shuffler Saga) by Alina Simon
« on: March 16, 2017, 08:30:39 pm »

Hmm where to start.. A few weeks back, my mother placed this book upon my desk. And when I picked it up, I found the authors obituary.. Although I never knew Miss Simon on a personal level, I did go to school with her before I got pulled out to homeschool. She was only a year or so older than I, but I feel that if we had ever taken the time to talk, we would have been good friends. So as sort of a tribute I read her first and last published book, Macki. It was a modern day fantasy mainly about a fairly young shape-shifter race called he Shufflers, and as you read it you can tell that there is a lore to be uncovered, and things going one behind the scenes, and and I quite enjoyed it. Sadly, its the first of an unfinished saga, and the ending is such a drop-off, that it really drives that fact home to me. But despite that, I'd recommend it for any teen whom enjoys to read. I still can't really put a finger on how it made me feel between the book, knowing the author, & it being an unfinished legacy. Its.... both inspiring to me and.. well I don't know yet.
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
▬▬▬▬▬▬⌘ஜ۩۞۩ஜ⌘▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chaotic Good ⧱ Bard/cleric ⧱ Faithfull's admirers'ENFJ ⧱ Hufflepuff ⧱ Pisces/Earth Tiger
▬▬▬▬⤪۩۞۩⤭▬▬▬▬
Icon 1/2 by Serana, 1/2 myself
⥿