Author Topic: Logan (Redo)  (Read 513 times)

Offline Zuzu

• Gay the Pray Away!
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 25
  • Don't tell me the odds!
    • My Official Youtube!
  • Fursona Species: 1) Ethiopian Wolf 2) Lion
Logan (Redo)
« on: March 06, 2017, 12:00:52 am »
I was very disappointed in what happened in Logan. First off, I think a two-and-a-half movie is a little too long. Then the plot line. I don't understand why these mutant kids just appeared out of nowhere. Then what saddened me the most was the deaths of Caliban, Charles, and Logan (The Wolverine)! And in a different movie, the death of Superman. Why are they just killing them off???
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - homoflexible
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Future Highway Patrol Trooper of Nevada!

Offline NutellaFox

• INFP Personality~
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 70
  • [icon by a friend named TheWildHyper on dA]
    • DeviantArt - Adadave
    • Twitter - @AdadaveE
  • Fursona Species: A Fox with a werid mind
Re: Logan (Redo)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 12:08:43 am »
They're all getting too old to play the roles. So they're killing them off and ending the serries. They've been at it for nearly 20 years...
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - homoflexible
  • Pronouns: He/His/Him They/them

Reality is the things that, no matter how hard you try, won't cease to exist.
Plz don't be werid XP -> http://www.thiscrush.com/~nutellafox
If you want to message me on Discord send me a message/PM! Telegram and Twitter should be in my info on my page.

Offline Lance

• Something
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 112
  • inspiring
    • DeviantArt - Spartan329
    • FurAffinity - LanceThyla
    • Twitter - Lancifur
    • Weasyl - Lance
    • My Tumblr.
  • Fursona Species: Odogaron
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 11:17:42 pm »
I thought Logan was actually pretty good. Not the god send film that everyone is making it out to be, but still very good.

From the start I feel like they did a fairly good job of establishing Logan as being much older than we've seen him before. They were able to fully show off the fact that his healing is slowed drastically, and that the adamantium is poisoning him pretty badly. I both really enjoyed and was a bit confused with the portrayal of Xavier in it however, as they kept alluding to a lot of things that he had done due to his Alzheimer's and seizures. The story overall is pretty generic and very similar to the story of Last of Us, even down to some of the relationship stuff.

I can definitely get into more detail if wanted, but generally I thought the film was pretty damn good, especially for an X-Men movie by Fox. Not stellar by any means, but still good.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - usa
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline MovieMeerkat

• SPACE FORCE!
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 50
  • Profile pic made by Shope!
    • FurAffinity - thefilmfox
  • Fursona Species: Meerkat
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 08:11:11 pm »
(Incoming analysis, you've been warned)

Logan was actually my personal favorite movie this year.

I'll admit, I haven't really been following X-Men at all (I've only seen the first one and Days of Future Past) so maybe I'm not at liberty to review the film as part of the franchise, but as a movie on it's own, it's actually really good.

I think that Logan is really a commentary on the current state of the superhero genre. Overall, the movie was supposed to comment on how if we push superhero films past their limit, they'll eventually die out in an unpleasant way. That's why both Logan and Xavier were in the states that they were in. The last time we see our heroes won't be anything heroic; instead it'll be sad and depressing. Their films will end only because they've declined in quality. Similar to how Logan and Xavier are pushed beyond they're physical capabilities for one last film.

The film also directly parallels itself with westerns (They even reference Shane). This is intentional, because if you know your film history, you know that back in the day of John Wayne and John Ford, westerns were immensely popular, similar to how superhero films are today. But there became so many that audiences grew tired of westerns, and now it's pretty much a dead genre. Logan, in a sense, is a warning that the exact same thing will happen to superhero films if we're not too careful. (I also wanna point out that I think Shane analyzed the Western genre in a similar fashion, so more reason to put Shane into Logan).

Finally there's Laura. Laura is supposed to represent the next wave of superhero films. Unlike the end of Shane, where the title character riding off into a graveyard symbolizes the death of the Cowboy in film, in the end of Logan, Logan dies but safely gets the group of children into Canada. I think this is supposed to say that if we let go of how superhero films are currently made, and let younger minds take a fresh spin on the genre, it has a chance to thrive rather than die. Which is fitting, considering that this film came from 20th Century Fox, who is basically trying to do that exact same thing with the new X-Men films.

Sorry for the rant. I just loved this movie and kinda wanted to explain why.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: He/him/his
:fox-:P: I look like the FT emoji because I AM the FT emoji  :fox-:P:
Film of the week: Cloverfield (2008)