Author Topic: Homework Tsunami  (Read 198 times)

Offline Aurum Collie

• Some collie guy
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 15
  • "Ars Longa, Vita Brevis." -Hippocrates
    • DeviantArt - pd1705
    • FurAffinity - pd1705
    • Twitter - @thatdangcollie
  • Fursona Species: Rough Collie
Homework Tsunami
« on: March 11, 2017, 01:03:52 am »
I've been... procrastrinating for the last few weeks, to obviously bad results.

Now I have a whole quarter's coursework due for 3 classes...

By the end of this weekend

I need some motivation, or any advice that could help me through this

I swear I'll stop this procrastrination but plss halp right now I'm drowning in this work

Every comment is appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 01:06:59 am by PD1705 »
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Flora

• ♥ Perseverance ♥
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 146
  • Autobots, roll out!
    • DeviantArt - BeautifulGalaxia
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: Homework Tsunami
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 03:36:54 am »
As a fellow procrastinator, I find doing the work then taking multiple breaks can help. (As long as I don't forget about the work during the break)
Getting it all done in order or doing the most important things first are also helpful if you're worried you wont have enough time. Try not to panic about what's not finished, instead think about what you accomplished. Then continue getting the work done. :fox-:P:
  • Flag - canada
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
| Avatar by Nagi | AMA | DeviantArt |
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

• split your infinities
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 59
  • By irishthorns@FA
    • FurAffinity - aurorapaws
    • Twitter - aurorafatalis
  • Fursona Species: a cleverly arranged amalgamation of carbon compounds
Re: Homework Tsunami
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 04:08:36 pm »
I'd recommend isolating yourself from any distractions as much as you possibly can (the more featureless the environment, the better). And if you're working on a computer, try opening a new window where you're not as tempted to click over to non-homework related tabs. Mute any notifications and put your phone somewhere else unless you absolutely need it.

If it involves writing essays, basically just write down as much as you can now and edit/proofread when you have met the length requirement. I've panicked way too may times trying to get everything perfect on the first sweep and running out of time! If it's math, work through all of the problems very structurally and when you're not getting something, move on and come back to that problem after the others. If your notes and textbook are not providing sufficient information and you are struggling to understand, go to Khan Academy (very reliable) or a similar resource. For classes that involve memorizing a lot of facts rather than writing or problem solving, make flash cards and test yourself! Studies have shown that this is the best way for retaining information, surpassing passive reading by a significant amount.

Hope this helps and good luck!
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - demiromantic

None of this will matter
20 years from now