Author Topic: Beauty and the Beast (possible spoilers inside)  (Read 173 times)

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 831
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
Beauty and the Beast (possible spoilers inside)
« on: March 22, 2017, 02:18:00 pm »
We need a thread for this!

My review has some small spoilers so you may not want to read if you haven't seen the movie.
SPOILER ALERT
I really enjoyed the movie. I was impressed by it as I haven't really enjoyed the last few remakes they did (specifically Cinderella) this one was good though. I'm definitely not disappointed but I didn't love it as much as everyone else.
Idk I feel like they just took a classic cartoon, put a popular actress in it and that's why it's so popular. People love it because of the nostalgia not because it's the best remake Disney did
They barely changed ANYTHING. Sure there was some new stuff but it was basically the same as the cartoon. I definitely prefer Alice in Wonderland and Maleficent because at least they changed them a bit and you'd didn't know what was going to happen.
Maybe it's just because I've seen the cartoon too many times (it's one of my favourite Disney movies) but there wasn't anything that surprised me or blew me away in this movie.
I didn't like Emma Watson as Belle either and I really hate what they did to Philippe, not every princess horse needs to be a pretty white one :/
As I said I did really enjoy it and I'd definitely recommend seeing it and I would watch it again but I still prefer some of the other remakes
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline Sharkbait★

• gay purple sparkleshark
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 119
  • bee bop to the top
    • DeviantArt - sharkdivus
    • FurAffinity - Shark-Bait
  • Fursona Species: Bull shark
Re: Beauty and the Beast (possible spoilers inside)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 10:04:17 pm »
i was personally super blown away 0: the only thing i didnt like p much was the design of belle's gown because eugh wtf

i actually personally found it to be even better than the original hahaha though i do prefer classic belle to emma watson belle. idk i dont like her vocals that much
but p much everyone else i preferred. also beast/prince adam's solo.... yEsSs
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline Izzy the Foxdeer

• Signature hearts by Jasper/Coffee
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 53
  • icon by I.S.A.C.
    • DeviantArt - multifandomed25
    • Twitter - multifandomed25
    • Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox/reindeer hybrid
Re: Beauty and the Beast (possible spoilers inside)
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 10:56:28 am »
I was pretty happy with the changes they made. They (finally) added some much needed backstory without going away from the original plot. The only complaint I had about it was that the hype made it seem like LaFou was gonna be a LOT gayer than he actually was. I mean, they logically couldn't make him to gay, as this is a period piece and he'd get locked in the looney bin if the others thought he was gay, but the hype before hand made it seem like he was gonna run around with a rainbow flag kissing every boy in sight :fox-:P: . Also, everyone was acting like that was a HUGE step for Disney. I mean, it was a step in the right direction, but not a huge one. Like, yay?? We get one slightly gay comidic releaf sidekick to the villain? I wana see a queer prince/princess gosh darn it.
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl
  • Pronouns: She/her they/them
worlds most pan-tastic demigirl and maybe otherkin
check out my tumblr | confess love here | pet me please?