Author Topic: GhostWay/Felatrran  (Read 1422 times)

Offline vernelka

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 0
GhostWay/Felatrran
« on: March 22, 2005, 04:09:04 pm »
I'll get the essentials done first, then dive into the details.

Name:  

Name:  Felatrran
Species:  Hybrid-changeling: Canis latrans (coyote) / Felis silvestris (wild cat)

Some of you may know me already, but I bet most of you don't.  So, a brief introduction is in order.  Well, maybe not "brief'.  But you should certainly be able to understand where I'm coming from.  Anyways, on with the filibuster!

Let's see here.  I guess I've known about the furry "fandom" for around 6 years now.  Back then it was just something I had observed occasionally, and by some stroke of luck, I managed to avoid some of the more eccentirc members of the community.  Probably my first real exposure began on the day of 14 November 2004.  At around 15:00 EST.  Well, actually, it began on 11 November 2004 with the discovery of David Craig Simpson's Ozy and Millie, which I read through over the next 3 days.  Anyways, it was the 14th day of Novemeber that I joined Define "Cynical", the forum for Ozy and Millie.  And I stayed at that forum, as it was much more comfortable and friendly that other forums I've been on.  (Which was due in part to its relatively small size.)  In fact, I'm still active there.  It's the first forum I've felt "at home", really.  And since a large majority (is that redundant?) of the users are furres, I became comfortable about the furry community.  Up to the point where I was clarifying others' "understandings" of the community, despite the fact that I did not consider myself a part of said community.  Well, after a while, I realized I had become such a part of Define "Cynical" that I considered myself a part of that community.  I guess it was February 8 that I realized I had been "accepted" as part of the community.  Later, on the evening of 24 February 2005, I finally came to terms with my thoughts and realized that I actually considered myself a furry.  Almost a month ago.  Then, a short while ago, I happened to be browsing the links on Felix's site (it was a slow day, coupled with a nasty headache) and found this forum (which I am sure Felix and a few others mentioned a few times at Define "Cynical").  Then, I decided it was time to expand myself a bit.  So, here I am.

Actually, I've probably been a furry for longer than that, though.  Several people have commented that I sometimes act like a cat, and a few surmise that I was a cat in a past life.  The question is, is becoming a human in my state a result of good or bad karma?  Anyways, on with the details.

To those curious, "GhostWay" is indeed a Tony Hillerman reference.  I'm using it as my username simply because it's become too used for me to break away from.  Now for my furry self.  Felatrran is a hybrid coyote-cat, but can morph to a full version of either.  (What can I say?  I've always like shapeshifters/polymorphs/changelings.)  In the neutral state, he is mainly cat with some coyote features.  You'll notice I derived the name from the latin species names.  Note the double r - this is to show the trilling in the word.  Also, Felatrran is a bit of a scifi engineer, as he has some... odd gadgets, including an Advanced Augmented Reality Monocle (AARM).  And he tends to carry an old hiking stick, based on the wooden hiking stick that I've had for years.

I also have some other personalities that may show themselves.  Most notable is Phasma, known better as Self.  He is, essentially, the voice in my head.  Who yells at me and tells me to do evil things.  And then gets knocked unconcious by either a cricket bat, oversized stone hammer, or dead bird.  Yes, I'm weird.  Thank you for noticing.

Hobbies/Intersts:   Hosting I Read This and The Attic, contributing to House Rules, writing (bad) scifi, fiddling around with Bryce 5 and other 3D renedering programs, occasional sketching, reading, politics, examining  the issues of modern-day society, and attempting to be witty.  Also, I'm a minor Trekkie whom has recently become interested in Stargate SG-1.  And I'm a nerd/geek/random intelligent person with thick glasses.  (And I mean thick.  I can't see farther than 4 inches out without them.)  And a "flaming liberal," or so I'm told.
I've also begun thinking about doing some sort scifi story in a "graphic novel" type format.  But that would require some sort of artistic talent.  Just another pipe dream, I guess.

Or, to put this whole post in a simpler form, "Hello!"

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 7
  • Think before you speak!
    • Taris' Den
GhostWay/Felatrran
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 04:37:33 pm »
hey, welcome to FT.  You know me from teh IDT forum.
join us on IRC using mIRC or XChat at irc.furnet.org  #furryteens

We are looking for new Half-Ops and Ops to moderate the IRC channel!  Please send applications to me in a PM!

Offline Polaris

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 11
  • Causing cavities with every giggle.
    • Deviantart
GhostWay/Felatrran
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 06:02:38 pm »
Glad to see you here.
I play around with a 3d program or two also.
The one I'm most familiar with is Lightwave 3d 7.
Do you have any 3d work posted on the net?
I have some stuff on my DA page.
http://www.polarisfox.deviantart.com
:staffedit-sig:

Offline vernelka

• Red Level
GhostWay/Felatrran
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 06:29:35 pm »
I have some renders here, but that's mainly old stuff or things that I didn't put much effort into.  I might see if I can dig up some of my other renders, but I'm not sure I even have them here.  I'd post my animations of a few scenes, but frankly, I don't have the bandwidth.

Offline Icefox

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • rawr ^^
GhostWay/Felatrran
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 08:45:55 pm »
Heya!  You might remember me from the DC forum, although I'm never on there anymore.  Anyway, welcome!

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: -65492
GhostWay/Felatrran
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 04:08:42 pm »
Welcomet our awsome forums of extreme randomness ^.^

Offline FireHazard

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • The tiger with the flaming tail!
    • Podunk U
GhostWay/Felatrran
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 05:03:55 pm »
Well, well, well.  I never woulda figured you for a furry!  Welcome in!  I was just thinking some crossover member (Felix, FoxChild, maybe me but that's a long shot since I'm pretty new here too) ought to put a link to this place in their DC sig.

Funny thing is, your story (long as it is) is almost exactly the same as mine.  Like you, I came into furrydom through DC, and quickly realized I'd had the makings of a furry in me for years.

Anyway, I hope you like it here.  Lemme know if you'd like me to try my hand at making you an avatar.  And speaking of which, I know you're the sort who likes to do little projects; maybe you could lend a paw with http://lupinia.us/furryteens/forum/viewtopic.php?t=178">this one.

Offline vernelka

• Red Level
GhostWay/Felatrran
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 02:04:11 am »
Hmm, yes.  I'm sneaky like that.  I have a habit of putting up several false fronts to my personality, the result being that it's often hard to tell just what kind of person I truly am.  It's fun, though, disproving preconcieved expectations.

Actually, the reason it took me so long to "get into" the fandom is because of my erratic interests.  You see, my intrest in any given thing tends to flucuate over time.  So I am generally reluctant to join anything, as I generally end up losing interest around 2 months later.  But somehow, the flucuations with Ozy & Millie, and later with the furry fandom, became rather insignificant for some reason.  And the rest, I believe I've already said.

Hmm.  A project, you say?  Maybe I'll take a stab at it.
*Grabs a nearby shortsword and plunges it through the monitor*
....perhaps that wasn't such a good idea.

(And to any who may be wondering, my username is a Tony Hillerman reference.)

Offline FireHazard

• Red Level
    • Podunk U
GhostWay/Felatrran
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 03:15:37 pm »
Quote from: GhostWay
Hmm, yes.  I'm sneaky like that.  I have a habit of putting up several false fronts to my personality, the result being that it's often hard to tell just what kind of person I truly am.  It's fun, though, disproving preconcieved expectations.

Actually, the reason it took me so long to "get into" the fandom is because of my erratic interests.  You see, my intrest in any given thing tends to flucuate over time.  So I am generally reluctant to join anything, as I generally end up losing interest around 2 months later.  But somehow, the flucuations with Ozy & Millie, and later with the furry fandom, became rather insignificant for some reason.  And the rest, I believe I've already said.

Okay, now you're REALLY starting to scare me.  Both of those paragraphs describe me perfectly. :shock:  If it weren't for your claim of not having artistic talent, I'd suspect you of being a clone or something. :lol:

(P.S. the word is "fluctuate")

Offline vernelka

• Red Level
GhostWay/Felatrran
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 04:49:12 pm »
Plus, there's the fact that I also happen to be in the NE region of Ohio.  Maybe I do have artistic talent, but it's just incredbily dormant, or something like that.

This is almost starting to feel like an episode of The Twilight Zone.

Creepy...

Offline FireHazard

• Red Level
    • Podunk U
GhostWay/Felatrran
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 10:01:37 pm »
Quote from: GhostWay
Maybe I do have artistic talent, but it's just incredbily dormant, or something like that.

Well, once I get around to making a furry-art tutorial, you can find out for yourself! :)