Author Topic: Betta Thread (yes the fish)  (Read 198 times)

Offline Bones

• Cactus Enthusiast
  • Forum Elder
  • Cookies: 752
  • We didn't start the fire
  • Fursona Species: Bearded Vulture
Betta Thread (yes the fish)
« on: May 05, 2017, 07:08:04 pm »
Here's a thread dedicated to a special little fish called the betta (Siamese fighting fish)

Do you raise them?

Do you have one or some right now?

What colors are they?

Do they have a name?

Also feel free to show a pic
Or just talk about them in general

I've always had a betta in my household
The one I had that recently passed away lived for 5 years

I just recently got another today and decided to start new. Meaning I bought an entirely new tank

Mine is a butterfly betta (white, red, light blue)

His name is Poltergeist (I'll take a picture once he gets settled)

Here's some tips in case you want a betta

-NEVER GET A SMALL TANK. You will see a lot of small cheap tanks that say they're for bettas at the pet store. Do NOT get them. The ideal tank size for a betta is around 2.5 Gallons and up. (I paid $30 for a 3 gallon one)

-If you have a light for them make sure to turn it off when you go to bed and turn it on when you wake up. Since they need sleep too.

-other fish can go with bettas but not other bettas of the same sex. Also I recommend 1 fish per gallon in your tank you don't want to overcrowd them.

-a tank heater will also be useful. Especially if you keep your house cold like me.

Feel free to share some tips as well fellow fish lovers
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Red Velvet

• Cake Dragon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 273
  • It's peppermint season!
    • FurAffinity - SenseiMac
    • Twitter - redvelvetdrago
    • Personal Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Dutch Angel Dragon
Re: Betta Thread (yes the fish)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 07:49:51 pm »
I have two bettas! One is technically my mom's back at my house, but, he's the family's X3 His name is Toothless! He's a king plakat betta, so he's like 3 inches long and rly big omg. He's black with neon blue accents. He lives in our smaller community tank (around 15 gal...? I think. It looks smaller than that but apparently that's what it is omg?). Here's a video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRJGfvsrfUU

Pardon the background noise as well as the cloudy water-- I had installed a giant filter right before this, and had moved some decorations around. But the video shows some of the tetras and guppies in there as well C:

And then my personal betta is Jean-Luc Picard! I love him so much omg. He's also in a community tank up at school with me, and I've got guppies, danios, a pleco, and a couple platys in there with him. He's definitely head-honcho. He's a GORGEOUS dragonscale delta <3 His colors are amazing.

Some pics of him! (sorry for the image dump omg)

^sorry for the angle on that one LOL

• Flag - usa
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Trello | Portfolio | FurAffinity | Buy Me a Coffee? | ToyHouse | Dragons | Flight Rising
♥ Hopelessly in love with Proto
:aesthetic:
If you'd like to commission me, please click my Trello!

Offline Dolly

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 79
  • King Thranduil is coolest
    • FurAffinity - zazanga
  • Fursona Species: Rabbit
Re: Betta Thread (yes the fish)
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 03:43:05 pm »
We recently got a new betta, and named him Thor! I'll edit this to put pics in this afternoon probably.

He's alone in his tank for now, as our last betta got a bit stressed out from being in a community tank. My mom is super happy about him though, we used to have several very large fish tanks in our house so she's practically fawning over our four current fish.

Did you guys know betta is actually pronounced beh-da? hoo boy did that frustrate me when I found out.
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
pet me please                                   ENFP