Author Topic: Sugar's stories  (Read 132 times)

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• Swerve
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 166
  • kinda only care about giant robots tbh
    • DeviantArt - SugarLonghorn
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
  • Fursona Species: Longhorn
Sugar's stories
« on: May 15, 2017, 09:54:06 pm »
So this is where I'll be posting whatever stories I write. I don't write them often so don't expect this topic to be updated very much. Anyway, this first one is about my oc Cosmos encountering my oc Guzzle on an alien planet(remember that unfinished drawing I posted?). This is the first time I've dared to post a story of mine online so I hope y'all like it, and I would really appreciate it if y'all gave it a read and left a comment. Critique is welcome.

---

The door of the little grey space ship opened with a hiss, bright light shining out onto the dark terrain below. Out of the ship stepped a dark blue bovine, who gazed across the landscape with sky blue eyes. Patterned across his left eye was a white star that seemed to suit the bovine almost too perfectly, what with his love for space and all. His space suit was light grey with just a bit of orange on the cuffs of his hooves and around his thighs, with a little patch over his heart that resembled the Earth. And on his head was a tuft of white hair between two silvery horns (his helmet had to be extra big to accommodate them). This bovine’s name was Cosmos, and he was determined to explore this planet that many fellow space adventurers called dangerous.
     One of the first things Cosmos noticed about this strange planet was that it was hot. Steam billowed out from cracks in the rocky planet’s surface, and geysers shot out hot water into the dark sky. A stream that ran nearby was nearly to the point of boiling. Oddly enough, however, there was a surprising lack of plants to go along with the water that was all over the planet. Cosmos’s scanners had picked up organic life, but if there were no plants, what kind of creatures would live on such a hot, barren planet?
     Another observation that Cosmos made was that the terrain of planet was nothing more than black, shiny rock, that stabbed at the air in jagged formations and formed tall cliffs that one would certainly die if they were to fall off the sharp edges. Cosmos hypothesized that it was most likely some sort of lava rock.
     Cosmos was not frightened by the unwelcoming appearance of the planet, however. A short walk away he spotted a cave, and chose to do what he did best: explore. Closing and locking the hatch on his spaceship's door, Cosmos quickly made his way towards the mouth of the cave, being careful to avoid the endless steam that came out of countless cracks in the rock. As Cosmos neared the entrance, he pulled out his Multi-Purpose Device, which in this case he used for a flashlight. It was incredibly dark on the inside of the cave and he could never hope to see inside without help. Cosmos stepped in and descended into the dark, wet depths. It seemed that even here he could not escape hot, flowing water. To his annoyance, his helmet was beginning to fog up.
    After a minute or two of walking into the caverns, Cosmos noticed a small, glowing crystal. It was bright blue in color. Cosmos thought it was very pretty, and used his MPD to knock the little crystal off of the cave wall. He stuffed it into a pocket on his suit, planning to take it back to his ship for examination (and decoration). Farther into the cave, Cosmos observed, the crystals became more colorful, abundant and much larger.  So large, in fact, that they began to tower over his head. The light that shone from the crystals was so bright that Cosmos no longer needed the flashlight on his MPD to help him see where he was going.
     Although his MPD could turn into a small fan, it was not nearly enough to spare Cosmos from the horrible heat and humidity. The steamy cave was like a sauna, and Cosmos had begun to sweat heavily, even though his suit was designed to keep him cool in a hot environment. He doubted he would be exploring this planet for long.
     A loud splash echoed from around a bend in the cave.
     Cosmos froze and his heart began to beat a little faster. Aliens? Perhaps it was just a falling rock, he hoped desperately. The last thing Cosmos wanted was to be attacked by a scary, alien monster, but his adventurous spirit dared him to tiptoe closer to the source of the noise. Cosmos set his MPD to turn into a small, sharp blade, just in case.
     When Cosmos turned the corner and laid eyes on the creature that had caused the splash, he immediately felt a wave of fear.
     Standing before him in a deep pool of steaming water was a massive creature, at least forty feet tall, with black skin and a green belly, and little green spots going down its spine and down its long, thick tail. Its head resembled that of a dog’s, and its mouth was jagged and grotesque, with a long, slimy green tongue that lolled out the side of its mouth. Viscid saliva dripped from its mouth in big globs that splashed into the water and glowed just as bright as the rocks. Cosmos could see just how strong the monster’s jaw was when it chomped one of the huge crystals in half and practically swallowed the thing whole. It ripped the rest of the crystal out of the wall with large hands, and Cosmos could see muscle in its arms and chests. The creature's skin lacked any fur and was slimy, like that of a salamander. Although the beast had hands and thumbs, its feet were like big paws, and Cosmos could see bright green pads underneath.
     Cosmos was so busy taking in every detail of the monster that he didn’t realize it had been staring right at him until he looked into its bright green, pupiless eyes.
     “Uh,” Cosmos whimpered, frozen with fear. His hooves were shaking so badly that he dropped his MPD knife and it fell with a clatter, rolling close to the hot water’s edge. Cosmos took a step back. The monster took a step forward and grinned.
     Cosmos turned and ran for his life.
     “No, no, no!” He cried in terror, not daring to look back over his shoulder when he heard the beast jump out of the water in pursuit. Fortunately for Cosmos, the cave was too narrow for the monster to run quickly through, as behind him it struggled to squeeze towards him on all fours. Cosmos’s heart was racing as he neared the entrance of the cave that he oh so regretted going into. If he were to survive this day, Cosmos swore that he would never leave his ship without a very big gun.
     So focused on running to his ship, Cosmos tripped on a large rock and fell to the ground.
     The ground shook as the monster neared him. Cosmos attempted to scramble to his hooves but suddenly found himself being lifted into the air by a large hand. He screamed, squeezed his eyes shut, and awaited a painful death… only to open his eyes after a few very painless seconds passed, and found himself being held in front of the beast’s big face. Cosmos squeaked and tried to wiggle out of the giant hand that had him trapped, but he found he could hardly move at all in the firm yet gentle grip. The monster moved Cosmos right to its mouth and, much to his disgust, licked him with its big, slimy tongue. Cosmos managed to free an arm using the slime and wiped the saliva off the front of his helmet. The monster sat down with its feet kicked out and hugged Cosmos to its chest, where he could feel it's thunderous heartbeat.
     Although Cosmos was incredibly confused, he decided that exploring this planet wouldn't be so bad after all.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 10:05:11 pm by Roxy bear »
  • Flag - xmaslight
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

"Everyone assumes that if you make jokes, you're happy. Why? Why is that?" ~Swerve
art tumblr~other tumblr~deviantart

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• Swerve
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 166
  • kinda only care about giant robots tbh
    • DeviantArt - SugarLonghorn
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
  • Fursona Species: Longhorn
Re: Sugar's stories
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 10:08:53 pm »
This one is a fanfiction based on an idea that came up after I said "robo anorexia" as a joke
It's not great, I wrote it in like ten minutes and didn't change anything about it or edit it at all
I wouldn't usually post fanfiction here buuuuuut it's the first thing I've written since the Cosmos story
If I ever get an idea I might actually post something here that y'all would be interested in lmao

~~~

For an unimportant little Autobot, stationed on the outer walls of Iacon, the war had been taking a toll on more than just his mental health.
    Energon had been scarce these days. When there were more bots were busy trying to kill each other than there were bots working in the energon mines, it became incredibly difficult to supply every bot with a generous amount of fuel like they had once been accustomed to. Meager rations were handed out to Autobot warriors, intended to last them just long enough to keep them in fighting shape until their next ration was given(And who would bother giving a large supply of fuel to a bot who would almost certainly be dead come the next battle?).
    Bots made do in whatever way they could. Some would steal from their comrades. Some would take a little from the supply bunkers when no one was looking. More daring bots would sneak into small Decepticons posts in attempts to steal their supplies of energon, for Decepticons always seemed to have far more than enough to fuel their troops. And some bots, whose kind sparks had not yet been crushed by the terrors of war, would generously give some of their own rations to their fellow Autobots. This was the case with the unimportant little Autobot, who first began to donate after realizing his best comrade’s energon rations had been stolen, and certainly having only half of his rations wouldn't hurt just this once, would it?
    But it wasn't just once. When other bots heard that the Unimportant Autobot was willing to give away some of his rations, they too began to ask, and beg, and plead with whatever sob stories they could come up with. The Unimportant Autobot, who couldn't seem to say no, always passed some on, and hardly ever had any left for himself. But he could ignore his fuel tanks alerting him of near emptiness, certainly there were other bots in much worse situations than he was. The fatigue didn't have to do with his intake habits, he was just out on the battle field too often, that was all, he'd be fine.
    After a solar cycle, when the Unimportant Autobot had grown so accustomed to the constant sharp emptiness of his fuel tanks, he began to notice that his frame had begun to change its shape.
    Standing in front of a large mirror (which were hard to find unshattered these days), the Unimportant Autobot couldn't help but notice how dull his optics were and how small his once bulky body had become. How could this have happened? He had not received any body modifications, he had not changed his alt mode. The hunger he felt was replaced with a nauseating feeling of uh oh, and the Unimportant Autobot decided that he would report to a medic immediately.
    The diagnosis was quite shocking. “You're starving,” the medic said simply, after examining the Unimportant Autobot for no more than five minutes. “Your body has begun to shed its own weight to accustom itself to the lack of its normal intake, and your fuel tank has shrunk. It's rare that this happens, but I've been seeing more cases likes your since the war began, unfortunately.” The Unimportant Autobot didn’t know that anything such as this was possible. “I'm sorry, lad, but if you tried to take any more energon than you do now, your fuel tank would overflow.”
   On his way back to his quarters from the medic’s office, the medic’s words raced through his mind over and over again.
    “There's nothing I can do for you now.”
  • Flag - xmaslight
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

"Everyone assumes that if you make jokes, you're happy. Why? Why is that?" ~Swerve
art tumblr~other tumblr~deviantart