Author Topic: Jazz Bass now sounds dull on my Fenders amp  (Read 119 times)

Offline BerryCake550

• Stock Image Smuggler
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 128
  • chocolate macandeeum
  • Fursona Species: Hairless Chihuahua
Jazz Bass now sounds dull on my Fenders amp
« on: May 24, 2017, 10:44:22 pm »

Started playing on my Jazz Bass until I heard that the amp stopped working, can't tell if it's the bass or the amp-Bass itself once connected is barely heard and rather dull, you can hear it barely on overdrive full bass + volume (including the knobs on blast on the instrument itself) if played softly (volume instantly lowers if you slap the strings)

Tried playing after a few minutes, no avail-Unplugged cords ect..

Really unsure what's going on here-Bass is barely damaged, however I do find myself stepping on the amp cords around the morning every now and then

Amp is a Fender Rumble, was recommended by a Guitar Center employee a year ago

Bass players help? Gonna check in the morning if the Amp starts working again, can't afford buying a new bass or amp at the moment-Can't get them checked either :lol:
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer
"I never set out to be weird, it was always other people who called me weird" - Frank Zappa

:shrimp:

Offline Addy

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • I don't know what I'm doing
    • Twitter - @_addycat
  • Fursona Species: Kitty
Re: Jazz Bass now sounds dull on my Fenders amp
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 01:14:56 am »
I don't play guitar but I do pro audio stuff in plays/marching band/other random things on the side and it sounds like either the cord from the bass to the amp is damaged, the amplifier itself died/almost dead, or the driver (speaker) in the amp is locked up/blown, because it seems like there is little to no amplification actually occurring, or if any is, the driver is not outputting any sound correctly (meaning that its probably either locked up or blown). I'd check every single volume/gain setting, try a new quarter inch cable, and if it still isn't working, it means either the amp or the driver is dead.

Hope this helps
  • Pride Flag - gay
PM me I like meeting people. Or don't. I don't care.
Follow me on the Twitters

Offline Dolly

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 79
  • King Thranduil is coolest
    • FurAffinity - zazanga
  • Fursona Species: Rabbit
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 12:36:32 pm »
I think this happened to me a couple years ago, but it was just a cord issue. As soon as I tried a friend's things were working better. If borrowing or trying out a different cord doesn't work for you, maybe checking in at the guitar shop would? They might know what's going on with your amp, because it doesn't seem like something that could be wrong with your bass. Good luck!
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
pet me please                                   ENFP

Offline Xrig the wolf

• Punk wolf guy
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 93
  • It's that "Helpful" dude..
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 01:22:24 pm »
Try moving the cord around a bit, if it works right for just a second but fuzzes out then its a cable issue. Also try a different amp if you can... I have 5 diffrent amps Idk if thats weird It may be a pickup problem where the power in the pick ups may have went out...
How old is the bass?
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pronouns: he,him,his or male I dont really care
Strait! Strait as a board? Nup...

Hey if your deppresed, lonely, or just need a friend my discord and skype are both Grixblade... Dont worry I never sleep and I live for the sound of a call from someone!
Keep in mind I blush easy... http://www.thiscrush.com/~xrig