Author Topic: Chrome Stopped Working  (Read 200 times)

Offline Flimsy Fox

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 6
    • DeviantArt - FlimsyFox
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
Chrome Stopped Working
« on: May 30, 2017, 10:46:02 am »
So, yesterday Google Chrome stopped working. It worked the day before, now it doesn't. When I open a tab, no matter if it's a website or the settings(even the New Tab page), the tab dies. I researched this problem, tried everything(Even uninstalling and reinstalling it), and still bot the same problem. Other programs still work(Microsoft Edge, Steam, Discord, Twitch, etc.), but Google Chrome doesn't. My dad has restrictions on my Xbox. Since I used the same account to sign up for Windows as the one I use for my Xbox, so Microsoft Family Features is automatically turned on. What I think happened is there is a setting that was set automatically that blocks Google Chrome from working on Microsoft Family Features.
If it is Microsoft Family Features, which setting is blocking Google Chrome form working? If it isn't, does anyone know what's causing Google Chrome to stop working?
  • Flag - usa
  • Pronouns: He/him/his

"once you discover one simple fact, and that is everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you, and you can change it, you can influence it, you can build your own things that other people can use. once you learn that, you'll never be the same again." -Steve Jobs

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 87
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
Re: Chrome Stopped Working
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 10:57:31 am »
Chrome has always been glitchy. My suggestion is talking to your father about at least looking over the MS family features and seeing if there's anything Chrome-related. Another thing you probably would like to know is that MS has been known to break software. Either Intentionally or Unintentionally, and Chrome is one of those products they try to stop you from using 24/7. You could also try running Chrome as Admin if possible. You could try installing the open source version of Chrome, known as Chromium. If worse comes to worse, and you have to switch browsers, I suggest Firefox or Opera.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥
ENTJ | Field Marshall | Pagan

Offline Flimsy Fox

• Orange Level
    • DeviantArt - FlimsyFox
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 06:53:18 pm »
Thanks! I will look into Microsoft Family Features. However, my dad doesn't have much experience with it since my computer is the first non-Apple product my family has had.
Another detail I just thought about is that Microsoft Family Features just asked me to ask my parents by email to use Google Chrome. If Google Chrome wasn't fully authorized for some reason that might be the problem, and if that's the case I can just send another email to authorize Google Chrome.
  • Flag - usa

"once you discover one simple fact, and that is everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you, and you can change it, you can influence it, you can build your own things that other people can use. once you learn that, you'll never be the same again." -Steve Jobs

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 87
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 07:10:47 pm »
Thanks! I will look into Microsoft Family Features. However, my dad doesn't have much experience with it since my computer is the first non-Apple product my family has had.
Another detail I just thought about is that Microsoft Family Features just asked me to ask my parents by email to use Google Chrome. If Google Chrome wasn't fully authorized for some reason that might be the problem, and if that's the case I can just send another email to authorize Google Chrome.
You're welcome.

BTW: I'm sorry I was talking like it so vaguely. I'm sorry I assumed you had been using Windows.

You know what they say: "Never assume, because when you assume, you make an ass of you and me." - Jerry Belson. Heard from his typewriter repair class teacher.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥
ENTJ | Field Marshall | Pagan

Offline Flimsy Fox

• Orange Level
    • DeviantArt - FlimsyFox
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 09:08:25 pm »
You're welcome.

BTW: I'm sorry I was talking like it so vaguely. I'm sorry I assumed you had been using Windows.

You know what they say: "Never assume, because when you assume, you make an ass of you and me." - Jerry Belson. Heard from his typewriter repair class teacher.

Ok so I kinda figured it out. I just created a new account and signed into Windows using it, and it works perfectly fine. And I copied everything so the new sign-in is just basically a clone. The old one that has Chrome still doesn't work, though, so I will delete it. Just in case though I'm going to keep the old one for a few days if I need anything else.
  • Flag - usa