Author Topic: I Don't Like Windows 10 Anymore  (Read 192 times)

Offline Flimsy Fox

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 6
    • DeviantArt - FlimsyFox
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
I Don't Like Windows 10 Anymore
« on: June 03, 2017, 09:27:21 pm »
I've been using my family's iMac for nearly 3 years. I've always wanted to have my own computer, so I chose the cheapest one: a PC. I got all the parts, and when I could afford it buy a copy of Windows 10 for 120 US Dollars. It was pretty nice for a few months, now I deal with at least one crash a day, my wifi adapter sometimes doesn't work, and my computer is never powerful enough. At this point, I give up on Windows. I'm going to buy an iMac, or Mac Mini as soon as possible. I was gonna upgrade my computer to a Ryzen 1400 CPU, but like I said, it crashes at least 1 time a day. I don't think Windows 10 was even worth 120 dollars. More like 10 or 20.

So, my question is, have any of you experienced this on Windows 10?
  • Flag - usa
  • Pronouns: He/him/his

"once you discover one simple fact, and that is everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you, and you can change it, you can influence it, you can build your own things that other people can use. once you learn that, you'll never be the same again." -Steve Jobs

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 87
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
Re: I Don't Like Windows 10 Anymore
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 09:31:10 pm »
Yes. Absolutely. But I use a kinda old computer too. It ran on Vista originally. If you experience crashes with 10, try a quick installation of a Linux distribution. Ubuntu, Fedora, Linux Mint, Debian, Arch, Opensuse, Slackware. Those are free.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥
ENTJ | Field Marshall | Pagan

Offline rae

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Stolen New York Cheesecakes: 54
    • FurAffinity - raeowo
  • Fursona Species: Arctic Fox
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 04:16:10 pm »
I didn't pay for W10, I got the free ISO from microsoft's website and patched the personalization restrictions. I have an Ryzen R7 1700 CPU myself, no issues with crashing or anything. Working smooth as hell for me. I can't stand using iOS or MacOS since I'm a person likes to tinker with code and customize everything.
  • Flag - britain
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline TodTheFox

• Licensed Lazy Loiterer
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 49
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 04:24:31 pm »
I had a few problems on my old laptop with the drivers since it was so old HP was not committed to updating the drivers for Windows 10 but as far as my new computer windows 10 runs like a dream and I've not noticed a single problem to speak of. Though my original diver issues on the laptop didn't prevent it from running just fine either, it just gave me a headache initially to get it work with my USB based headset.
  • Pride Flag - asexual

Offline Sharkbait★

• gay purple sparkleshark
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 119
  • bee bop to the top
    • DeviantArt - sharkdivus
    • FurAffinity - Shark-Bait
  • Fursona Species: Bull shark
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 06:18:16 pm »
i'm the other way around. i absolutely despise apple computers. (ironically i prefer apple phones lol but macs? nooo i hate them)

i've found little problems with my windows 10, personally. i bought my laptop a while ago as a toshiba windows 8, which i later updated to a windows 10.
it runs fine. occasionally i'll get a little hiccup, but for me, that's whatever. happens to all computers.

it runs a little slow sometimes but that's my fault for not cleaning up my files as often as i should lol whoops
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline horvabarna

• "Liquid Doge" - Easle 2017
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 9
  • *Dogeing intensifies*
    • DeviantArt - Horvabarna
  • Fursona Species: wolf
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 03:12:13 am »
I experienced something like this on my windows 7 computer. It used to crash all the time. With windows 10 i actually had worse experiences. When it came out i started the "upgrade process" on my pc, when i came home my pc was bricked. Windows 10 corrupted my windows 7 install and all the data that was on there. My sony laptop also got upgraded to windows 10, but around a year ago it started having issues where it wouldn't connect to external displays. I figured out it was the video card driver,so i downloaded AMDs universal driver and after like 2 hours it finally worked. Then the laptop sat on a shelf for a few months, and when i turned it on again the video card driver was magically gone. So thanks Windows 10.

Also ,you can buy windows 10 OEM keys on ebay for like 5$. Thats what i got when i needed a legit copy of windows for my new laptop.
  • Flag - hungary
  • Pride Flag - asexual

Offline Flimsy Fox

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 6
    • DeviantArt - FlimsyFox
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 07:52:14 pm »
Huh!

Well, first of all, (Before upgrading my computer, which won't have a graphics card for about another 2 weeks. It'll be worth it, though), after I posted this thread Widows barely crashed for some reason. Weird. I also noticed that it crashed when I was downloading music and playing YouTube videos. The CPU usage would be at max(Like it's never almost at max; my processor is from 9 years ago lol), then it would crash.

And second of all, I had no idea you could get Windows keys for $5 on eBay! XD

Well, that should teach me to research before I buy.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pronouns: He/him/his

"once you discover one simple fact, and that is everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you, and you can change it, you can influence it, you can build your own things that other people can use. once you learn that, you'll never be the same again." -Steve Jobs