Author Topic: Help with Code  (Read 158 times)

Offline Cakers

• CAKKEEEeE
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 4
  • trash
  • Fursona Species: small fox
Help with Code
« on: June 05, 2017, 04:18:12 pm »
hi! i want  to learn coding for games, i have very little experience with it, so what do you recommend for starters? (code language)

• Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: him,his,he
-----====Cakers====-----

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 87
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
Re: Help with Code
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 04:27:35 pm »
Well. I started when I was really young with the most complex language ever, C++. Although, if you want hard core games without an engine you'll have to use that, Ive created simple games using Visual Basic 6 and even traditional batch code. If you wish to make 2d games, try starting with MIT scratch to get the feel for actions and variables. Then you can get a free game engine like GDevelop and dragdrop things to make a game. If you want to go 3d it gets a bit more difficult. First you have to get the hang of 2d and then get a nonfree engine or a plug-in for a free 2d engine, and learn the basic of that. If you are serious about actual coding, you need to learn C/C++/C# and the related. C is old and deprecated. C++ is horribly complicated but has many uses. C# is newest but it has been called nothing but a toy. Once you learn one you'll find it easier to learn others. If you're looking at online games, look at scripting languages and HTML5. I'm happy to help you learn, but my memory may be a bit outdated. If you need​ help, PM me. It's very profitable if you can get good at this.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥
ENTJ | Field Marshall | Pagan

Offline Cakers

• CAKKEEEeE
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 4
  • trash
  • Fursona Species: small fox
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 04:37:24 pm »
Well. I started when I was really young with the most complex language ever, C++. Although, if you want hard core games without an engine you'll have to use that, Ive created simple games using Visual Basic 6 and even traditional batch code. If you wish to make 2d games, try starting with MIT scratch to get the feel for actions and variables. Then you can get a free game engine like GDevelop and dragdrop things to make a game. If you want to go 3d it gets a bit more difficult. First you have to get the hang of 2d and then get a nonfree engine or a plug-in for a free 2d engine, and learn the basic of that. If you are serious about actual coding, you need to learn C/C++/C# and the related. C is old and deprecated. C++ is horribly complicated but has many uses. C# is newest but it has been called nothing but a toy. Once you learn one you'll find it easier to learn others. If you're looking at online games, look at scripting languages and HTML5. I'm happy to help you learn, but my memory may be a bit outdated. If you need​ help, PM me. It's very profitable if you can get good at this.
Thank you! i started getting into code at 12 years old, and im 13 right now, i downloaded unity 3d, and i got that because i wanted to get into scenery design and making games look pretty, but im really interested in coding games. so thank you for the reply!  :fox-:P:
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: him,his,he
-----====Cakers====-----

Offline Addy

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • I don't know what I'm doing
    • Twitter - @_addycat
  • Fursona Species: Kitty
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 06:25:06 pm »
Two things, one you make me feel old lmao, and two, Java is easier to learn in than C# or C++ IMO, but C#/C++ is better in general IMO. I started learning Java first, then moved onto C#/C++ after learning Java.

Just my two cents.
  • Pride Flag - gay
PM me I like meeting people. Or don't. I don't care.
Follow me on the Twitters