Author Topic: Chance Encounter-- A short story  (Read 68 times)

Offline Sir Meta Knight

• Space Blueberry
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 68
  • Victory is my destiny.
    • DeviantArt - FoxiRavenheart
    • Quotev
  • Fursona Species: Star Warrior
Chance Encounter-- A short story
« on: June 08, 2017, 09:05:33 pm »
This is a short story featuring Foxi Ravenheart and a small part of her past. Tell me what you think!

-----------
CHAPTER ONE-- "Decision"

-----------

"Shisen." The gruff voice came from just behind the young kitsune, making him jump. Turning around, his ears flattened, he growled an unwelcoming reply. "What do you want, Daichi?" "You've seen that young hybrid wandering the forest," the gray fox-demon replied, his icy blue gaze staring unblinkingly at the albino in front of him. "And you know very well what I want you to do." "She's a fully-trained grim reaper!" the albino, the one called 'Shisen' snapped, his three tails bristling in alarm. Had Daichi gone mad?! She could kill him in a heartbeat! "Yes. But she's also a demon," the older nine-tail replied coolly, his glare unflinching as he stared at Shisen, his lip twitching in impatience. "I want you to convince her to join us. Train her to be a demon. She'll be very useful, and if we can manage to get her on our side, we can use her against those useless shinigami." Ugh. There it was again. All the old fox-demon ever talked about was getting even with the grim reapers for some strange reason he'd never even bothered to share. "You sicken me, Daichi," Shisen snarled, glaring at the other kitsune with pure hatred. "You're scared of her, that's what. You know that if she remains with the reapers, she'll become more powerful than us. It is not our place to interfere with the reaper dispatch, no matter how much we may hate them." "You're a weakling, Shisen!" Daichi growled. "Your father was right. You will never be a true demon." This caused the Shisen to bare his fangs in a snarl of pure fury. "I'm more of a demon than you could ever hope to be, you worthless mistake of a nine-tail!" "Oh, yes?" the gray kitsune taunted, his voice still perfectly calm. "Then prove it. Go meet with the young one." "Never," Shisen replied, his ears now pasted to the back of his head. The fuchsia glow of Daichi's demon-eyes was all the albino saw as the other kitsune sprang on him, pinning him to the ground with a thud. "Then you will suffer the same fate as your useless mother! I'm the one who helped you escape, don't forget," he snarled, his silvery fur glinting in the moonlight as his pale blue gaze flicked to the broken chains on Shisen's wrists and ankles. One strong, heavy hand was planted on the three-tail's throat as two pairs of glowing eyes stared at each other, tension filling the air of the abandoned stone building. If Shisen kept resisting, who knows what torture Daichi would put him through... the old kitsune was a former assassin, after all. "Fine..." he growled at last, his voice strained from the awkward way he was left to breathe. "I'll go talk with the young reaper." "Good." With a snort of satisfaction, Daichi stood back up on two legs, releasing Shisen and watching disdainfully as the young fox-demon shook himself. "You will meet with her tomorrow, first thing. You have the entire day to convince her to join us, not a minute more. And if you return without her... heh heh. Let's just say, I will make you suffer far worse than any kitsune ever as before."

---------

Okay, so there's the first chapter! Pretty short, I'll admit, but what did you guys think?

As the chapter implies, Daichi and Shisen have a mutual hatred for one another, despite Daichi having helped Shisen "escape" as he'd said. At the same time, Daichi seems to particularly hate the reapers... I wonder why :0

Keep an eye open for Chapter Two: "Regret" to find out!
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl
  • Pronouns: He/him/his (for myself, she/her/hers)

:pumpkin: ~ | My love <3    dA | | AMA    Kytsekeiru info | ~ :pumpkin:

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 80
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
Re: Chance Encounter-- A short story
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 09:12:50 pm »
Quite good. I like it. Is it a short story, or a novel? If it's a novel, may I suggest that when you get it done, you self publish it. It really is a good story. I'm anticipating the next chapter.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site)
ENTJ | Field Marshall | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥

Offline Sir Meta Knight

• Space Blueberry
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 68
  • Victory is my destiny.
    • DeviantArt - FoxiRavenheart
    • Quotev
  • Fursona Species: Star Warrior
Re: Chance Encounter-- A short story
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 09:28:52 pm »
Thanks, Bluefox!! ^-^
It's intended to be more of a short novel, I guess. Maybe 5 chapters or so. Once I'm done, I'm definitely going to publish it to my Quotev account! Actually, I might just post the first chapter there now.
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl
  • Pronouns: He/him/his (for myself, she/her/hers)

:pumpkin: ~ | My love <3    dA | | AMA    Kytsekeiru info | ~ :pumpkin: