Author Topic: Where do you store your character art?  (Read 74 times)

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 831
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
Where do you store your character art?
« on: June 12, 2017, 10:18:31 pm »
I'm going to put this here because it's not really discussing creating art so idk if it's appropriate for artwork :fox-:P:

Where do you store the artwork you have of your fursonas/characters? Do you keep it private saved on your computer? Do you have a public account you share it on? What websites do you use?

Personally I post mine on furaffinity. I started posting it there because when I first joined the fandom that site was very relevant and where all the artists were. I didn't do art but since I was on the site so much I figured it was easiest to just post it there. I've kept it there to this day mostly because I'm too lazy to move it all to a new site :fox-:P: I don't use fa as much anymore since most of the "big furry artists" (aka the ones I like to follow and commission :fox-:P:) have moved to Furry Twitter. My fa gallery is public because theres not really an option to make it private and I'm fine with people seeing my art of my characters (the theft there is pretty low too and the images don't show up on google so that's a big plus!!). My big issue with that site is the people who make creepy sexual comments on my fursonas though as the site is mostly filled with adult artwork now a days :/

I'm slowly moving over to toyhou.se! I have a public account (MysticSolstice, go follow me!) that I keep my fursona/character bios but that's mostly for showing them off and commissioning art so I like to keep their images to a minimum (their ref and 2-3 other pieces of art). I have a second account that I've made private that I intend to start posting all my art too and I also want to make a Dropbox with my art to keep it all safe in case one of the other sites go down
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 87
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
Re: Where do you store your character art?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 10:23:05 pm »
I'm private. I store my art on an HDD inside a computer that no longer works. (JK. I actually store it on an HDD on my main PC.) When I want to post something here, I use postimage.io
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥
ENTJ | Field Marshall | Pagan

Online festive avery

• "FT's local goth sloth" - Foxi 2K17
  • Board Moderator
  • Cookies: 72
  • happy holidays ♥♥
    • DeviantArt - inkedspace
    • FurAffinity - inkedspace
    • Twitter - gothslof
  • Fursona Species: three-toed sloth
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 10:29:25 pm »
I 'store' my mains on toyhou.se. But I keep my general stuff on my computer.
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pronouns: they/them/their or he/him/his

Online Serana

• Local Vampire Queen
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 248
  • I don't bite...hard
    • DeviantArt - WolfGodess12
    • FurAffinity - SnowFeline
    • Twitter - SnowFelineArts
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
  • Fursona Species: Pig of somesort
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 10:37:46 pm »
I store all my unwatermarked art on my computer with ToyHou.se as my secondary since I don't have to upload the watermarked image for it to have well a watermarked.
I will only occasionally upload to my FA solely to just show it off.
I prefer keeping most of them(unwatermarked images) private to prevent theft as the last thing I want is for someone to steal my characters or worse sonas. Unfortunately not all artists keep the unwatermarked files private so those may be posted publicly without a watermark on place like FA.

Now for art I drew myself, just stays mostly on my computer(not counting watermarked art). I've gotten lazy on uploading my own work to my TH -w-''
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

AKA Nagi, feel free to call me whatever.
Proud Otherkin and slightly ashamed Fictionkin
Don't take things I say very seriously, I tend to joke around.

|FurAffinity / ToyHou.se / Tumblr / ThisCrush|