Author Topic: FT's 14th Anniversary Writing Contest!  (Read 519 times)

Offline Xrig the wolf

• Punk wolf guy
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 93
  • Not a protogen more a wolf iron man
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: FT's 14th Anniversary Writing Contest!
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2017, 05:03:20 pm »
Will other people be able to see the entries at some point??
Im excited to see what people wrote!
Xrig, Tod, Sprite, would you 3 mind this?
Nein for me. In fact, I'd happily post it now, unless circumstances favor waiting till after the results.
I don't think I'd matter.
I would love for people to read!
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pronouns: he,him,his or male I dont really care
Strait! Strait as a board? Nup...

Hey if your deppresed, lonely, or just need a friend my discord and skype are both Grixblade... Dont worry I never sleep and I live for the sound of a call from someone!
Keep in mind I blush easy... http://www.thiscrush.com/~xrig

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 80
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2017, 05:04:46 pm »
Okay then. For those who want to read what I submitted, you can go here.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 08:37:06 am by Sprite Limehead »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site)
ENTJ | Field Marshall | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥

Offline TodTheFox

• Licensed Lazy Loiterer
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 49
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2017, 02:47:55 am »

Sorry for the late response I just got back. I'd gladly make my entry available for others to read! My Entry!

[Edit]
Also If may interject:
That link you posted is actually to your newest post in your thread which you may have noticed is no longer that of the poem you're submitted. This is easily solved by directly linking to the post itself rather than the newest post by using this link here: http://www.furryteens.org/forum/index.php?topic=29499.msg769972#msg769972 Which you can copy and modify so the appropriate text displays!  :fox-;):
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 02:51:43 am by TodTheFox »
  • Pride Flag - asexual

Offline Undertaker

• Purple Level
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2017, 08:36:23 am »

Sorry for the late response I just got back. I'd gladly make my entry available for others to read! My Entry!

[Edit]
Also If may interject:
That link you posted is actually to your newest post in your thread which you may have noticed is no longer that of the poem you're submitted. This is easily solved by directly linking to the post itself rather than the newest post by using this link here: http://www.furryteens.org/forum/index.php?topic=29499.msg769972#msg769972 Which you can copy and modify so the appropriate text displays!  :fox-;):
Thank you for pointing that out.
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Faithfull

• Always give %100
  • Candies: 328
  • Unless your giving blood. Save some for me, geeze.
  • Fursona Species: Vamperic Tiger
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2017, 03:48:25 pm »
Well the results are in! (sorry it took so long xD)
And the winner has been decided! Here's what the judges had to say. (and yes I know the point system flew out the window, but that's do to how few entries there where. ^^")

Alastair:
I like the third entry (by Tod) the best. I like the style of it, and it doesn't have a huge amount of grammatical errors. I think that the 2nd one (by Xrig) could have had more of an impact, though it's a good idea. It also had a lot of errors as if it wasn't proofread. Sprite's is well-written, though it quite honestly sounds pretentious and doesn't flow as naturally.
But my vote goes for Tod's.

Crazywolf:
I have to say my final choice in the contest for the writing has to be Xrig's submission. To me it felt deep and insightful. Sprite's also felt like it had the same feelings, but Xrig's pushed a bit further with those feelings. I have to congratulate them all though for putting their work forward and having the courage to have it judged by us.

I.S.A.C.:
It's honestly a hard choice, I enjoyed them all, but in the end my vote goes to TodTheFox. For its extended use of vocabulary, it gives the story much more depth I feel. Everyone did great I think, and you should all be proud of your work!

So TodTheFox is our winner! Thanks you three, for participating ^^ You're all good writers, and I hope to see more of your work.
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
▬▬▬▬▬▬⌘ஜ۩۞۩ஜ⌘▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chaotic Good ⧱ Bard/cleric ⧱ Faithfull's admirers'ENFJ ⧱ Hufflepuff ⧱ Pisces/Earth Tiger
▬▬▬▬⤪۩۞۩⤭▬▬▬▬
Icon 1/2 by Serana, 1/2 myself
⥿

Offline Undertaker

• Purple Level
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2017, 03:49:51 pm »
Congratulations Tod!
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline TodTheFox

• Licensed Lazy Loiterer
  • Green Level
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2017, 10:51:29 pm »
Alastair:
-snip-
 Sprite's is well-written, though it quite honestly sounds pretentious -snip-.
-snip-
That's a rather course and impolite way to put it. It definitely has a relatively strong opinion it centers on that is rather unpopular (though one I would love to debate sometime) and can be perceived as talking down to people but simply calling pretentious is rather blunt. And it occurs to me, that it strikes me far more as an opinion than that an objective statement. Though I do agree with your later more objective point that the flow of the poem could have been improved upon. (Something that will come with time and practice.)

While Poetry is not my forte I would be glad to help you with proofreading and peer reviews of your work Sprite should you so wish. And if at all possible I'll see if I can't help you improve with the flow of your writing if you should so wish it. I'd be honored to help another in their journey with learning the craft.

While I didn't read your's Xrig (as I could not find it to do so) if it's true your work needed proofreading I can extend the same offer for as well if you ever need proofreading and peer reviewing done feel free to message me here or on Telegram and I would glad to assist. Editing is a very important part of the process and it really can take your work the extra mile, while it can be time-consuming it is very necessary. We all tend to miss a lot of errors if we don't go back to re-read our drafts, mistakes happen, it's really unavoidable. Though if you don't use it already, I recommend Grammarly as an amazing tool to use while your editing and reviewing your work. Personally, I still believe it's necessary to re-read and edit manually but Grammarly does an amazing job of finding and suggesting corrections for a myriad of grammatical errors other grammar checkers can't find. It's an integral part of my editing process and I highly recommend it. (I also recommend the small application Wordweb for on the spot word definitions, synonyms, antonyms and the like. It's like a lightweight dictionary and thesaurus rolled into one. It even has an ease of access hotkey so it doesn't distract too much from writing.)
  • Pride Flag - asexual

Offline Undertaker

• Purple Level
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2017, 10:56:48 pm »
That's a rather course and impolite way to put it. It definitely has a relatively strong opinion it centers on that is rather unpopular (though one I would love to debate sometime) and can be perceived as talking down to people but simply calling pretentious is rather blunt. And it occurs to me, that it strikes me far more as an opinion than that an objective statement. Though I do agree with your later more objective point that the flow of the poem could have been improved upon. (Something that will come with time and practice.)
This statement, I have a certain disagreement with. Did anyone say such about Arthur C. Clarke's writing that directly insults humanity. And about the flow, it's not practice; I've been writing poetry for a long, long time. It's simply a matter that my style has reverted to this stupid semi-Olde English style, probably because I've been reading a lot of Asimov recently. Anyways, I should have specified, but this poem is not of my opinion, although I can't say I disagree with it, it is my experience from reading various dead authors' works.
  • Award - Beta Tester

Online Hieroglyph

• Vilous nerd
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 123
  • Fantasy > Reality
  • Fursona Species: Artificially-created creature/monster
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2017, 10:57:29 pm »
Even though I didn't participate, congrats Tod on winning the contest!
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt gold
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - polysexual
  • Pride Flag - nonmonogamous
  • Pronouns: He/him or they/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

[ xNxP - 4w5 or 5w4 - Shapeshifterkin - Agnostic - Pescetarian ]
Icon does not belong to me

Offline TodTheFox

• Licensed Lazy Loiterer
  • Green Level
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2017, 11:12:57 pm »
This statement, I have a certain disagreement with. Did anyone say such about Arthur C. Clarke's writing that directly insults humanity. And about the flow, it's not practice; I've been writing poetry for a long, long time. It's simply a matter that my style has reverted to this stupid semi-Olde English style, probably because I've been reading a lot of Asimov recently. Anyways, I should have specified, but this poem is not of my opinion, although I can't say I disagree with it, it is my experience from reading various dead authors' works.

Apologies for the miss-conception, as I tend to rattle my own personal beliefs around a lot in my writing I tend to forget the same is not true of all others. I am oft more forgetful than I like that people function very differently than myself, a vice I still work towards mending. Regardless I would love to see more of your work, especially in your other writing style, and of course as I said I would glad to help you if you ever need a peer review.  :fox-;):
  • Pride Flag - asexual

Offline Undertaker

• Purple Level
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2017, 09:11:56 am »

Apologies for the miss-conception, as I tend to rattle my own personal beliefs around a lot in my writing I tend to forget the same is not true of all others. I am oft more forgetful than I like that people function very differently than myself, a vice I still work towards mending. Regardless I would love to see more of your work, especially in your other writing style, and of course as I said I would glad to help you if you ever need a peer review.  :fox-;):
I do thank you then good sir. Your writing was amazing itself. I might *casually stalk* your writing thread.
  • Award - Beta Tester