Author Topic: Fursona Problems....  (Read 127 times)

Offline Nova_

• Cookies: 1
  • Monsieur Basic...
  • Fursona Species: Hybrid (Husky x Fox with a splash of Scottie)
Fursona Problems....
« on: July 07, 2017, 09:09:15 pm »
I've tweaked my fursona a couple of times and can't be happy with it. I'm new to this, and I've been all over the internet about it. Some people say to just let it come to you, others say I'm over thinking it. I feel like I've just made myself with ears and a tail, maybe thats what a fursona is meant to be? I have no clue what I'm doing and even I think I'm stressing too much about this. I just need advice.
  • Flag - britain
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 87
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
Re: Fursona Problems....
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 09:14:09 pm »
Well, my first fursona, I just grabbed a random line art and splashed color on it, but I realize that works, but is quite simple. In design, you might be drastically overthinking it. You can officialize it, use it, and tweak it as you use it. Rather than guessing at it, use it, and edit it accordingly. That's just my suggestion though.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥
ENTJ | Field Marshall | Pagan

Offline Izzy the Foxdeer

• Signature hearts by Jasper/Coffee
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 53
  • icon by I.S.A.C.
    • DeviantArt - multifandomed25
    • Twitter - multifandomed25
    • Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox/reindeer hybrid
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 09:15:52 pm »
I would just continue to tweek it until you feel happy with it. That's what I did
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl
  • Pronouns: She/her they/them
worlds most pan-tastic demigirl and maybe otherkin
check out my tumblr | confess love here | pet me please?

Offline Dolly

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 78
  • King Thranduil is coolest
    • FurAffinity - zazanga
  • Fursona Species: Rabbit
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 09:23:41 pm »
The meaning of people's fursonas differs from person to person. Sometimes it really is just an animal version of the creator, sometimes it's the creator with exaggerated or slightly different personality traits, and sometimes it's a completely different character who you somehow connect with.

In my experience, what matters most is how you see or portray your fursona's design, because style and personality have a lot of effect on any type of character. I'd recommend making a list of the things you'd like to see in your 'sona, everything from personality traits to physical characteristics, and then combine it all and see what comes out. Like others have said, your fursona will probably change over time as you do. Try lots of new things, and use what you feel comfortable with.
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
pet me please                                   ENFP

Offline Biscuit The Pine Marten

• Bandana Boi
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 26
  • AKA; Vanilla
    • Twitter - VannyFennyFur
  • Fursona Species: Pine Marten
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 10:40:05 pm »
I can relate! Even after messing with Marshmellow for ages Im still not very happy with it. (Although, after giving her antenna I like her allot more now.)
But in my opinion, start off simple (Like a base colour.) then add markings and such around that. It's OKAY to scrap a design and restart and dont feel pressured to make a fursona with the "Limitations" the internet gives you. If you want it to be "edgy" make it edgy! If you want it to be bright pink with rainbows, do it! If you want it to be normal, do that!
And if somebody doesnt like how you made your fursona? Dont bother with them. If they say it's "Cringy" or "Edgy" ignore them.
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - demigirl
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her Or They/Them
  ♥  ♥  ♥  
♥ Just Your Friendly Neighbourhood Pine Marten ♥
ThisCrush
♥  ♥  ♥