Author Topic: My thoughts on Transformers: The Last Knight (spoilers)  (Read 104 times)

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• We are the exiled ones
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 166
  • The lost daughters and sons of Cybertron
    • DeviantArt - SugarLonghorn
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
  • Fursona Species: Longhorn
My thoughts on Transformers: The Last Knight (spoilers)
« on: July 16, 2017, 01:53:07 pm »
This will have no organization as I'm just kind of rambling off my thoughts }:P

Once again, the transformers are the side characters in their own movie. This movie isn't about the threat of an evil optimus like the trailers advertised, its about Marky Mark and Hot Girl 47458548's adventure to find the magical staff of magic. Yes, there is an evil Optimus, but Optimus probably has fifteen minutes of screen time in a two and a half hour movie. As soon as he shows up he's magically reverted back to good optimus with the power of robot friendship, gives a cool speech, and then flies off to fight the bad guy (or woman in this case). Another thing I disliked was the decepticons. Not the decepticons themselves, but what the writers did with them. The movie had a damn intro sequence (very out of place) for each of the newly introduced cons! And you know what happened to them? They got in a five minute fight and all but one of them fucking died, and he didn't even say anything for the little amount of time he was still in the movie. NOTHING was done with them! characters with different personalities that you could do so much with, and they do nothing! (Also I know the transformers have a lot of silly and edgy names, but what kind of name is Nitro Zeus). Megatron hardly had a reason to be there except to annoy the autobots in the end of the movie while the world is about to end.
Now speaking of the main villain, Quintessa, I thought she was a weird deviation from the original quintessons, but considering it's a bay movie it's about the closest he's gotten to g1. Quintessa was kinda interesting but I thought we didn't get to see enough of her either. One thing I did like about her was that gorgeous voice >w>
On the topic of the humans, Cade wasn't unbearable, the old man was funny, the Hot Girl™ was.... something, I didn't like her much. There was a couple appearances from older characters, like the military man from the first movie and the ex-government dude. What did surprise me was that the little human girl wasn't as annoying as I though she would be, and the little blue robot who looks nothing like a transformer didn't get as many appearances as I thought he would. I would say he served no purpose to be there, buuuuut he was sort of responsible for the autobots winning the fight at the end. So idk lol.
As for things I did like, I thought the autobots were okay (for being side characters), movie Hound is really starting to grow on me, big chunky boy he is. The cgi was gorgeous as always, staring at Optimus primes beautiful face at the big screen was an experience. I also did like a lot of the ending action. Though the fight between Optimus and bumblebee really wasn't much more than what was shown in the theatre. I liked a lot of the sound effects too.  While I was at the movie I was enjoying it because, I'm here, I'll ignore what I don't like for now and have fun with This. So I laughed at some of the silly jokes and enjoyed the bots.

So sorry for rambling so pointlessly this is probably really confusing for the one person who reads it
I'm not good at putting my thoughts into words
  • Flag - xmaslight
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

"Everyone assumes that if you make jokes, you're happy. Why? Why is that?" ~Swerve
please pet cow~art tumblr~other tumblr~deviantart

Offline Tabbystar

• Meow Wow!
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 68
  • Kitty!
    • DeviantArt - KipekeeReddington
    • FurAffinity - AllAmericanFlyingFoxdog
  • Fursona Species: Classic Tabby Cat
Re: My thoughts on Transformers: The Last Knight (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 02:05:59 pm »
Let's be honest though, what would someone expect from Michael Bay? XD
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/her
Fursonas: Kipekee Reddington, Tabbystar, & Dani Tracy

Art Dump |Toyhouse (WIP) |ThisCrush |
Sarahah |
Tumblr

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• We are the exiled ones
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 166
  • The lost daughters and sons of Cybertron
    • DeviantArt - SugarLonghorn
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
  • Fursona Species: Longhorn
Re: My thoughts on Transformers: The Last Knight (spoilers)
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 02:09:07 pm »
Let's be honest though, what would someone expect from Michael Bay? XD
Lol exactly
I can only hope that some day we'll get a good live action tf movie, and that bay actually meant it this time when he said he'd be leaving the franchise
  • Flag - xmaslight
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

"Everyone assumes that if you make jokes, you're happy. Why? Why is that?" ~Swerve
please pet cow~art tumblr~other tumblr~deviantart