Author Topic: Kytsekeiru-- Info, lore and the like!  (Read 289 times)

Offline Sir Meta Knight

• Space Blueberry
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 68
  • Victory is my destiny.
    • DeviantArt - FoxiRavenheart
    • Quotev
  • Fursona Species: Star Warrior
Kytsekeiru-- Info, lore and the like!
« on: July 18, 2017, 10:38:58 pm »
Hello, flooflings! This is the official thread on my original species, Kytsekeiru! All questions, requests, etc. should be directed here! If you want, let me know, and I'll draw your Kytsekeiru for free! ^-^

Kytsekeiru (prounounced kit-seh-kie-roo, plural: kytsekeiru) are my original species. They are anthro, and usually have bright fur colors/patterns. They all have four feathered wings, a large pair on their backs and a smaller pair behind their ears on their heads. They have manes running along their backs and tails that look almost like hair on their heads, long rabbitlike ears, and two very flexible eastern dragon-like tails. They can be any gender, or androgynous/agender. They have four fingers and three toes, and walk digitigrade.

If you need anymore info, just ask me or visit Zetsumei's Kytsekeiru Resource Thread!

So without further ado, here is the info so far on Kytsekeiru!

Lore
Kytsekeiru live as a large tribe in a remote, hidden rainforest far away from the human world. Their leader and protector is Kyro Cloudwatcher, the blind Monochrome Kytsekeiru. At one time, Lytsekeiru lived in the human world, and were just like feral animals-- walking on all four legs. Their coat colors were very plain-- just normal earth-tones of brown, black, white, and gray. But after many years of peaceful existence, their forest was destroyed by the humans, and countless kytsekeiru were being hunted and killed-- until their kind was almost extinct. Young outcast Kyro, the runt of her litter and rejected for her poor vision (as kytsekeiru normally have very sharp eyesight) and undersized wings that left her hardly able to fly properly, was among the few left. She knew it was up to her to do something. So she went off on the quest of a lifetime in search of a new home for her kind. Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, and months turned into years, before Kyro, now fully-grown, found it--- the perfect new home for the kytsekeiru. It was a beautiful, lush rainforest, out of sight of any predators or humans. She landed in the forest and wandered around to ovserve it, and soon knew that this would be the perfect home. So she went back home to tell the others-- whoever had survived. When she turned, she found only ten of her kind were left. The rest had been killed by the invading humans. When she told the survivors about what she'd seen, and told them where to find it, the remaining Kytsekeiru quickly flew off in search of the rainforest. But Kyro was too exhausted to follow them. She stayed behind, looking around for anymore kytsekeiru that might be in hiding-- but that was when humans captured her and took her away. She was taken to a government lab, where they were planning to use her for experiments. She was trapped there for months-- and to the young kytsekeiru, it felt like forever. One day, she decided that she'd fight the humans. And the best way to do that was to learn to be like them. So she watched from carefully for a few months, learning their behaviors and abilities, and trying to teach them to herself. After a few weeks, she'd finally learned to stand up and walk on her hind legs. With her new ability, she waited until dark one night, where she reached out and opened the door of the cage she was kept in. Free at last, she took off, flying as fast as she could with her tiny wings. Years had passed, but she still vaguely remembered where she'd found the rainforest, so that's where she headed. When she finally arrived, she found that her kind was thriving-- their population had gone back up, and they'd even formed little villages in their new rainforest him. But strangest of all, their coats were no longer dull, earthen colors. They were bright, with all colors of the rainbow imaginable, and even bright patterns! Kyro was sure that now she would really be an outcast, with her sight having gotten even worse from all the experiments done on her, and her fur still being a dull silver-and-white. But when the other kytsekeiru heard of her return, they thought she was a hero-- and the perfect choice to lead their tribe!

Now Kyro lives deep in the heart of the rainforest as the kytsekeiru's wise and ancient protector. Kytsekeiru often go to her to seek her wisdom. Since then, she has completely lost her eyesight-- she is now completely blind. But the kytsekeiru no longer underestimate her for a single heartbeat-- for without her, kytsekeiru would have been all but gone. When Kyro returned, she taught them how to walk on two legs, and from then on, kytsekeiru were born anthro.

Traits
Quote from: Foxi Ravenheart
Basically, they all have rabbitlike ears, horns that can be gazelle-like, ramlike or deerlike, four feathered wings-- a large pair on their backs, and a smaller pair behind their ears, manes that go all the way down their backs, either tufts of fur or feathers on the backs of their arms and legs, retractable claws, catlike noses, and two eastern dragon-like tails. They have four fingers on each hand, and three toes. Their fur is usually bright colors, and can be either plain or have any kind of pattern imaginable. Their tails are extremely flexible, but not quite prehensile, due to the tufts of fur on the end of them. Occasionally, they can be maneless, but that is EXTREMELY rare.

Their personalities, of course, vary from each individual, but they are usually cheerful, outgoing and optimistic. Of course, there ARE exceptions, as in any species. Their natural diet consists of berries, fruits, and strangest of all, twigs. Twigs are said to help fuel their magic and keep their coats bright. A kytsekeiru will almost NEVER eat meat, but they will occasionally eat seafood. There have been rumors of shinigami, demon, angel and vampire kytsekeiru in the past, but no one truly knows for sure whether this is true.

The sounds and calls they make consist of different barks, chirps, howls and purrs, but they are also capable of speaking English and other human languages, as well as their own native language.

Kytsekeiru are also known for their VERY sharp eyesight and ability to fly with no problem despite being anthro due to having two pairs of wings. They have forked tongues, which can be any color, and despite not eating meat, they have sharp teeth and fangs, similarly to a house cat.

Visual refs & current adoptables
Refs

Adopts

By Zetsumei Sora Sukaretto
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 11:22:49 pm by Foxi Ravenheart »
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl
  • Pronouns: He/him/his (for myself, she/her/hers)

:pumpkin: ~ | My love <3    dA | | AMA    Kytsekeiru info | ~ :pumpkin:

Offline Noise

• Mummy Boi
  • Forum Elder
  • Candies: 732
  • Candy Corn = Life
  • Fursona Species: Wickerbeast
Re: Kytsekeiru-- Info, lore and the like!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 08:08:39 pm »
These seem really cool!!
These are an open species right? Can We can make our own or can we only adopt them? 
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Sir Meta Knight

• Space Blueberry
  • Purple Level
  • Victory is my destiny.
    • Quotev
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 09:10:33 am »
These seem really cool!!
These are an open species right? Can We can make our own or can we only adopt them?
Ahh, I'm glad you think so!
Yup, they're officially an open species! Anyone can make their own, and permission is no longer required to do so!
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl

Offline Dr. Noon

• ★⋆ Call me Daddy ⋆★
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 40
  • Oh vanilla, chocolate, honey, with a cherry on top
    • DeviantArt - Lions-Game
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 11:34:02 pm »
Two Questions-
One, Can I put up adopts on DA?
Two, Is there a name for Kyro's discovery and return? Like how Americans have the Treaty of France and the revolution, And how Europe has the Renaissance?
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - france
  • Pride Flag - gynesexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
  • Pronouns: They/Them
  • Award - Graphic Artist
~Totally not Mar~ ~Icon by the amazing jasper~

Offline Sir Meta Knight

• Space Blueberry
  • Purple Level
  • Victory is my destiny.
    • Quotev
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 11:45:03 pm »
Two Questions-
One, Can I put up adopts on DA?
Two, Is there a name for Kyro's discovery and return? Like how Americans have the Treaty of France and the revolution, And how Europe has the Renaissance?
1.) Of course! My username on dA is FoxiRavenheart so you can credit me ^-^
2.) I haven't thought of that actually :0 That's a really good idea though!
3.) Your profile is making me want to switch, omg xD
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl

Offline Dr. Noon

• ★⋆ Call me Daddy ⋆★
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 40
  • Oh vanilla, chocolate, honey, with a cherry on top
    • DeviantArt - Lions-Game
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 02:20:16 am »
I have a few questions .o.
Is there an average height/weight for Kytsekeiru?
Is there a colour rarity for furr?
Is there distinct/rare patterns?
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - france
  • Pride Flag - gynesexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
  • Pronouns: They/Them
  • Award - Graphic Artist
~Totally not Mar~ ~Icon by the amazing jasper~

Offline Sir Meta Knight

• Space Blueberry
  • Purple Level
  • Victory is my destiny.
    • Quotev
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 11:51:46 pm »
I have a few questions .o.
Is there an average height/weight for Kytsekeiru?
Is there a colour rarity for furr?
Is there distinct/rare patterns?
1.) Not for the most part,  but they're usually slightly on the chubby side, and they're typically at keast 5 feet tall, but they can be shorter or taller.
2.) Anything more "natural" colored is rare for a kytsekeiru unless it's used as an accent color. So basically browns, blacks, grays and solid white if it's their main fur color.
3.) They can have pretty much any pattern, but rumor has it that tabby and dalmatian-spotted kytsekeiru are extremely hard to come by.
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl

Offline Noise

• Mummy Boi
  • Forum Elder
  • Candies: 732
  • Candy Corn = Life
  • Fursona Species: Wickerbeast
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 05:15:36 am »
I made a base with Foxi's permission
All I ask is that you dont make money on this base
You can make free adoptables though
Its a PSD file so you need a program that can do layers
Firealpaca is a good free program
You can download the base here
I made it fairly easy to color with a lot of options so if you only use a mouse to color it won't be too hard
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Sir Meta Knight

• Space Blueberry
  • Purple Level
  • Victory is my destiny.
    • Quotev
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 08:58:50 am »
I love it, Karma! It looks great!
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl

Offline Sir Meta Knight

• Space Blueberry
  • Purple Level
  • Victory is my destiny.
    • Quotev
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 02:01:15 am »
Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention this- young kytsekeiru are called kits. Sorta like foxes.
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl