Author Topic: Starter guitars! Which to get and which to AVOID.  (Read 79 times)

Online LoyalPyra

• Les Claypool's #1 Fan
  • Cookies: 136
    • DeviantArt - timeitcorrectly
    • FurAffinity - timeitcorrectly
    • Twitter - @TimeItCorrectly
  • Fursona Species: Protogen
Starter guitars! Which to get and which to AVOID.
« on: August 04, 2017, 06:54:42 pm »
So I guess I'll make a thread on this.
Chances are if you're reading this you're thinking of getting guitar
But not all guitars are good
Here's a list of some guitars to avoid that get bought way too much.
1. Squier Bullet Strat despite this having good reviews, the neck is thicker than the slightly better Affinity Strat (Which I would recommend over this so much)it sounds TERRIBLE, I can't say much else about it since I stopped playing a bullet strat after 3 days.
2. Squier Affinity and Bullet Mini Strat, I'm not even gonna say anything different about these two, they are just as bad as the Squier Bullet Strat
3. Here's a cheap bass that I've been told by a couple people isn't very good Rogue SX100B this bass is decent for people who are just getting it for a younger player, but if you want to play seriously I'd highly suggest something else.
4. Here's an Acoustic guitar I own that is terrible, the tuner pegs rattle like crazy and it's poorly made. The Epiphone DR-100 AVOID this guitar at all costs find something that's at least $150 and avoid brand new $100 Acoustic guitars

Guitars to get!
1. Squier Standard Stratocaster and Squier Standard Fat Strat the squier standard series are AMAZING $250 guitars, they are some of the best values out there on the new market, I'd definitely skip the Bullet and Affinity Strat to get this any day!
2. Squier Standard Telecaster one of my friends has this guitar and they told me this is a great guitar for the price it's in squier's standard series like the Standard Stratocaster, it's a better guitar for blues than the strat but still capable of playing some rock.
3. Now for a bass recommendation that my brother recommended to me, the Ibanez GSR-200 it's a 4 string bass, that is very good looking and good sounding, not much else to say than, you won't be disappointed.
4. Acoustic guitar time, Yamaha F335 is a good choice for an acoustic guitar, it's got all the features you want in an acoustic for an affordable price of $159 USD, definitely a good buy!

Thanks for reading, feel free to add guitars you recommend to the list if you know a thing or two about guitars.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - armenia
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist
:pyra:

Offline Dolly

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 79
  • King Thranduil is coolest
    • FurAffinity - zazanga
  • Fursona Species: Rabbit
Re: Starter guitars! Which to get and which to AVOID.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 08:00:46 pm »
My Ibanez bass was semi-pricey at a guitar shop, but it's held up really well for me, despite the abuse it's been through haha. The sound it good and will last you a really long time.

Also, if buying a bass for the first time I'd recommend a four string, five will make things complicated and might discourage you from learning. Most of playing electric bass is using individual strings too, not strumming chords.
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
pet me please                                   ENFP

Online Xrig the wolf

• Punk wolf guy
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 93
  • It's that "Helpful" dude..
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: Starter guitars! Which to get and which to AVOID.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 10:13:32 pm »
My first electric was a Davidson It came in a set exactly like this https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Accessories-Beginner-Starter-Package/dp/B002RXXOX8
It was a great starter electric!
Its got a nice sound, I suggest buying a cheap foot pedal depending on what you like to play.
Edit: Its also super durable, I had mine for two years and it my brothers now. Its been through hell but it still holds a good tune and still sounds great!
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pronouns: he,him,his or male I dont really care
Strait! Strait as a board? Nup...

Hey if your deppresed, lonely, or just need a friend my discord and skype are both Grixblade... Dont worry I never sleep and I live for the sound of a call from someone!
Keep in mind I blush easy... http://www.thiscrush.com/~xrig