Author Topic: Record Collections?  (Read 154 times)

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 87
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
Record Collections?
« on: August 08, 2017, 07:15:00 pm »
12" Vinyl Disks, 12" Shellac Disks, 10" Vinyl Disks, 7" Vinyl Single Disks, Picture Disks, Flexi-Disks whatever you've got, here's the place to talk about it. We've got a dead thread that was for CDs, but I'm certain I can't be the only one with vinyl records.

Here's what I have:

Greatest Hits - Queen
The Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd (I know it's somewhat valuable, but it's in horrid condition.)
Let's Dance - David Bowie (I don't know it's value, but it's not in good condition.)
1999 - Prince
Alive! - KISS
And some assorted Flexi-Disks with voice on them.

I would have David Bowie's debut album (David Bowie (1967)), but my mom pulled me away from the record with an amazingly cheap $15 tag on it, because we were more at the flea market to walk than to actually buy anything. What I wouldn't give to go back and buy that album.

Anyway, so what do y'all have.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥
ENTJ | Field Marshall | Pagan

Offline Alastair

• You're here today, no future fears...
  • Cookies: 155
  • ...this day will last a thousand years.
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
Re: Record Collections?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 08:25:42 pm »
Yes, this is my favorite thread now!!

I love records! I have over 500 as of now, and my collection is always growing (it helps that they're cheap for the most part and that I've got a few great antique stores in my area)! I also have 3 record players (granted, 2 of them are antiques so I almost never play records on those, though they do work)!

The vast majority of my collection is LPs (aka long-playing records, or 33 1/3s), though I do have several 45s (which are singles in lieu of entire albums) and 78s (also generally have one song per side) as well.
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt gold

Avatar by okayyourgrace on Chicken Smoothie, signature image by Niluna on Chicken Smoothie.

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 87
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 08:29:16 pm »

I love records! I have over 500 as of now, and my collection is always growing (it helps that they're cheap for the most part and that I've got a few great antique stores in my area)! I also have 3 record players (granted, 2 of them are antiques so I almost never play records on those, though they do work)!

The vast majority of my collection is LPs (aka long-playing records, or 33 1/3s), though I do have several 45s (which are singles in lieu of entire albums) and 78s (also generally have one song per side) as well.
Do you have any of the pre-50s Shellac records, or the cylindrical records (wax cylinders) of the pre-20s?
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥
ENTJ | Field Marshall | Pagan

Offline Alastair

• You're here today, no future fears...
  • Cookies: 155
  • ...this day will last a thousand years.
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 09:21:30 pm »

Do you have any of the pre-50s Shellac records, or the cylindrical records (wax cylinders) of the pre-20s?
Yes, all of my 78s are pre-50s as they all came with my Victrola, which -- if I remember correctly -- is from either the 20s or 30s (and I think all the 78s that came with that are from that era as well). Unfortunately, I don't have any wax cylinders though. There've been several Edison phonographs at local antique stores, but they were all too much for me to afford at the time! ): I'd love to have one someday though.
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt gold

Avatar by okayyourgrace on Chicken Smoothie, signature image by Niluna on Chicken Smoothie.

Offline Kaiburr

• The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 7
  • Ambitious But Rubbish
    • FurAffinity - WolfyR8
  • Fursona Species: Eastern Timber Wolf
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 04:40:48 pm »
My grandfather handed down his whole collection to our family so we have mostly original (1 owner) records in our collection with over a thousand accounted for! He gave us his player too, so now we have two, but his is older and nicer and sounds great.
  • Flag - usa

School is practice for the future, and practice makes perfect. But nobody's perfect, so why practice? - Billie Joe Armstrong
INFP/J

Offline horvabarna

• "Liquid Doge" - Easle 2017
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 9
  • *Dogeing intensifies*
    • DeviantArt - Horvabarna
  • Fursona Species: wolf
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 07:49:34 am »
I got loads of LPs and some 45s from my parents, mostly 70s and 80s music, but my Dual record player broke like a year ago so i can't listen to them.
  • Flag - hungary
  • Pride Flag - asexual