Author Topic: Astral Projection?  (Read 141 times)

Online Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 80
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
Astral Projection?
« on: August 08, 2017, 10:22:31 pm »
The "Astral Plain" is the plain that can be explored in an "OBE (Out of Body Experience)". An "Astral Projection" is purposely leaving your body (or at least imagining leaving your body.) There are several methods to accomplish this, but I use the rope technique. That is I imagine pulling myself out of my body by rope. Many people prefer morning after waking up for this, but it should be done when restful. Don't fall asleep or it will ruin the purpose. Push yourself to just before sleep, and pull back again. For particular methods of getting into the "Astral Plain" do your research, but well, has anybody done "Astral Projection" or had an "OBE" or even a particularly realistic "Lucid Dream"?
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site)
ENTJ | Field Marshall | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥

Online BerryCake550

• Stock Image Smuggler
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 123
  • "I am vengeance, I am the night, I am B A T M A N"
  • Fursona Species: Sergal and Vampire bat
Re: Astral Projection?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 10:47:23 pm »
I used to experience minor Astral projection, I've learned that I'm a sensitive person a year back and began meditating(as in sensitive in the third eye, ect.)-Whenever my body goes into Astral project I would feel my and arms and legs almost 'ascend'..However I was weighed down by my body and head. I never have 'visions' everything is mainly psychical and it's a comparable feeling to deep meditation because my mind is clear and these symptoms usually happen when I mediate

While I could consider this Astral Project, others have told me to be careful as sometimes this can be confused for something else (can't remember), as in you're wasting too much energy and making yourself too 'vulnerable' or spiritually exhausted

While I never got too much into Astral Projection I did try to open my third eye last year..However stopped when I was supposedly stalked by demons

Crazy talk I know, but I was into that kind of stuff I guess
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer
"I never set out to be weird, it was always other people who called me weird" - Frank Zappa

Online Undertaker

• Purple Level
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 10:50:58 pm »
I used to experience minor Astral projection, I've learned that I'm a sensitive person a year back and began meditating(as in sensitive in the third eye, ect.)-Whenever my body goes into Astral project I would feel my and arms and legs almost 'ascend'..However I was weighed down by my body and head. I never have 'visions' everything is mainly psychical and it's a comparable feeling to deep meditation because my mind is clear and these symptoms usually happen when I mediate

While I could consider this Astral Project, others have told me to be careful as sometimes this can be confused for something else (can't remember), as in you're wasting too much energy and making yourself too 'vulnerable' or spiritually exhausted

While I never got too much into Astral Projection I did try to open my third eye last year..However stopped when I was supposedly stalked by demons

It's not crazy talk at all. If that's crazy talk, then this entire thread is crazy talk. Some believe the astral plain is one location anyone can "Come Together" in, but others say that it's a creation of your mind (you can only go places you've been in physically). I like to think I'm an expert at meditation, but I've quite a bit to learn, nevertheless I suppose I qualify as being somewhat sensitive to that kind of stuff. But it is an exhausting experience. That's not something odd.
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Dolly

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 72
  • King Thranduil is coolest
    • FurAffinity - zazanga
  • Fursona Species: Great Dane
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 10:52:02 pm »
I've experienced a couple lucid dreams and would like to try that more, but haven't done anything like Astral Projection. Sounds cool, why not give it a shot?
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
pet me please                                   ENFP
Weasyl account

Online BerryCake550

• Stock Image Smuggler
  • Blue Level
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 10:53:22 pm »

It's not crazy talk at all. If that's crazy talk, then this entire thread is crazy talk. Some believe the astral plain is one location anyone can "Come Together" in, but others say that it's a creation of your mind (you can only go places you've been in physically). I like to think I'm an expert at meditation, but I've quite a bit to learn, nevertheless I suppose I qualify as being somewhat sensitive to that kind of stuff. But it is an exhausting experience. That's not something odd.
I meant it could be crazy talk to some, but I get where you're coming from! Never got into meditation but rather spirit communication! Hence why I tried opening my third eye..

It's a very interesting topic and I'm actually trying to get into meditation and pendulums, stuff like that
"I never set out to be weird, it was always other people who called me weird" - Frank Zappa

Online Undertaker

• Purple Level
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 10:57:11 pm »
I've experienced a couple lucid dreams and would like to try that more, but haven't done anything like Astral Projection. Sounds cool, why not give it a shot?
*throws a wikihow article*

http://www.wikihow.com/Have-an-Out-of-Body-Experience
------

Also to anyone who is trying for the first time:

Warning: If you believe in demons, there will be demons. If you don't, you needn't worry.
  • Award - Beta Tester

Online BerryCake550

• Stock Image Smuggler
  • Blue Level
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 11:02:12 pm »
I was going to mention something about the demons, they may be called 'feeder's as well-They feed off one's energy and can be avoided by not exposing yourself during practices when you are sick, depressed, ect. (basically anything negative)

Offline jello_magmortar

• Red Level
  • Candies: 1
  • https://m.imgur.com/gallery/hsBn7 ref sheet
  • Fursona Species: Bat/Dragon Mix
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 11:52:05 pm »
I have been trying to have a lucid dream for about a year and a half now, and i just cant seem to get it to work.

I have tried many different ways and for whatever reason i still haven't had one. Does anyone here have any tips?
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: any (although prefer masculine)

Offline Izzy the Foxdeer

• Signature hearts by Jasper/Coffee
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 52
  • icon by I.S.A.C.
    • DeviantArt - multifandomed25
    • Twitter - multifandomed25
    • Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox/reindeer hybrid
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 01:42:57 pm »
I've tried many times to astral project or lucid dream, but it never really works for me. Maybe one day I'll get lucky and it will happen on accident
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl
  • Pronouns: She/her they/them
worlds most pan-tastic demigirl and maybe otherkin
check out my tumblr | confess love here | pet me please?

Online Hieroglyph

• Vilous nerd
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 124
  • Fantasy > Reality
  • Fursona Species: Artificially-created creature/monster
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 02:23:56 pm »
I've always been fascinated by this topic, but I've never been able to bring myself to try it because I get anxious easily and I'm scared I'll mess up and get sleep paralysis. Any tips on how to calm myself, as well as avoid the latter?
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt gold
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - polysexual
  • Pride Flag - nonmonogamous
  • Pronouns: He/him or they/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

[ xNxP - 4w5 or 5w4 - Shapeshifterkin - Agnostic - Pescetarian ]
Icon does not belong to me

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 128
  • sushi dog
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 02:36:21 pm »
Astral projection is very harmful and I don't recommend people doing it ;p
So here is the theory.
It is harmful because while all the projection stuff is illusion in the 'astral' (which is a background aspect of the conscious not meant to be tampered with) it puts you in a state where you are more vulnerable to interference and will also affect your mental state and physical state. A general sort of disconnection and fuzziness in the mind. And gradually ca lead to progressive deterioration.
Lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis are the same sort of thing they both use the astral. And are both harmful. I've had those two not the projection thing but thankfully not anymore.

one explanation maybe not believable but eh here is a link
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 02:43:32 pm by flurrin »
  • Flag - britain
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Online Undertaker

• Purple Level
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 02:40:04 pm »
Astral projection is very harmful and I don't recommend people doing it ;p
So here is the theory.
It is harmful because while all the projection stuff is illusion in the 'astral' (which is a background aspect of the conscious not meant to be tampered with) it puts you in a state where you are more vulnerable to interference and will also affect your mental state and physical state. A general sort of disconnection and fuzziness in the mind.
Lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis are the same sort of thing they both use the astral. And are both harmful. I've had those two not the projection thing but thankfully not anymore.
I beg to differ. My background comes from having done it several times. I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. But meditation also uses the astral and focuses on a level of the consciousness that is on the same level, yet meditation has been proven to contribute to focus, and really, intelligence.

In response to your edit with the link, there is an old quote, that I can't remember whom it was from but paraphrased it basically said, reality is reality, imagination is imagination, anyone with enough brain to fill a thimble knows that. If you've the intelligence and stable-mindedness to enter the astral plain, you'll be able to keep it separate from reality. It's no more than a dream. Are you saying having REM sleep, and dreams where you are exploring the world in general, are bad things as well? You shouldn't be selective, they all fall in the same category. I don't tell you, you should try it (since you obviously don't want to do it.), but this is a thread to talk about having done it, and to do it, not to discourage people from doing it.

I've always been fascinated by this topic, but I've never been able to bring myself to try it because I get anxious easily and I'm scared I'll mess up and get sleep paralysis. Any tips on how to calm myself, as well as avoid the latter?
Sorry, I just now saw this. I don't know about sleep paralysis, but it's nothing to be afraid of. Even if you managed to paralyze yourself (which I don't see happening), you need only keep yourself calm through the mandatory process of meditation. Being calm is going to be something hard to do, but after trying meditation a few times, you'll get ahold of it. Anyway, if you want to avoid messing it up, use howto articles, and read them thoroughly before beginning.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 03:03:12 pm by Marvin Ciel Darwin »
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • sushi dog
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 03:28:44 pm »
Yea you can disagree and that but for the sake of my point I will say
if you think sleep paralysis, lucid dreaming, astral projection etc. aren't harmful why do people report of scary presences and demons etc.

I assume the type of meditation you are talking about is actually a pretty harmful type (even though beneficial to in some ways) i.e. can include sitting visualising things etc. This is very ungrounding and opens you up to again vulnerabilities.
Also sitting meditation even without the visualisation parts is still ungrounding and also puts you in a withdrawn state
you can see in people who have mediated way too long that overly calm state.

There are much better alternatives so there is no point using these methods, some practices similar to those in 'zen' are ok, also breathing practices, psychology based practices and such are good.

Also there is no real goal to astral travel really other that messing around or curiosity sake. Maybe you learn something but you can do that with pretty much anything. I'm mean like the astral isn't innately harmful though it just contains harmful things and there is no real reason to risk.

REM sleep is done through the body as a function of evaluating thoughts and is beneficial as it allows thoughts to be evaluated but it doesn't involve the normal parts mind playing with the astral.
It's not about intelligence or diligence because you will still get ungrounded whatever happens and there are 'astral nasties' there.

Yea ofc i dun wanna try it i've already done harmful enough stuff relating to the astral lots and lots of lucid dreams and paralysis, i've experienced physical and emotional detoriation. I went through severe things trying out so called spiritual practices, deception practices. And i wont go into more detail as it is personal. You can experience the supposedly out of body sensation without this stuff by just imagining you are someone else or the sensation of something else. You don't need these tricks and you never actually go out of body anyway doing these things. You just put more awareness into the astral and yea i've done that in the past too with some other practices.

• Flag - britain

Online Undertaker

• Purple Level
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 03:42:57 pm »
Yea you can disagree and that but for the sake of my point I will say
if you think sleep paralysis, lucid dreaming, astral projection etc. aren't harmful why do people report of scary presences and demons etc.

I assume the type of meditation you are talking about is actually a pretty harmful type (even though beneficial to in some ways) i.e. can include sitting visualising things etc. This is very ungrounding and opens you up to again vulnerabilities.
Also sitting meditation even without the visualisation parts is still ungrounding and also puts you in a withdrawn state
you can see in people who have mediated way too long that overly calm state.

There are much better alternatives so there is no point using these methods, some practices similar to those in 'zen' are ok, also breathing practices, psychology based practices and such are good.

Also there is no real goal to astral travel really other that messing around or curiosity sake. Maybe you learn something but you can do that with pretty much anything. I'm mean like the astral isn't innately harmful though it just contains harmful things and there is no real reason to risk.

REM sleep is done through the body as a function of evaluating thoughts and is beneficial as it allows thoughts to be evaluated but it doesn't involve the normal parts mind playing with the astral.
It's not about intelligence or diligence because you will still get ungrounded whatever happens and there are 'astral nasties' there.

Yea ofc i dun wanna try it i've already done harmful enough stuff relating to the astral lots and lots of lucid dreams and paralysis, i've experienced physical and emotional detoriation. I went through severe things trying out so called spiritual practices, deception practices. And i wont go into more detail as it is personal. You can experience the supposedly out of body sensation without this stuff by just imagining you are someone else or the sensation of something else. You don't need these tricks and you never actually go out of body anyway doing these things. You just put more awareness into the astral and yea i've done that in the past too with some other practices.
If you really want to ruin the experience for those who wish to try, you could at least use proper capitalization and punctuation. But if you insist, you have complete right on this forum to make an Anti-Astral thread, instead of discouraging people in a thread that semi-encourages it.
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • sushi dog
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2017, 10:20:56 pm »
Darn it personal attacks man, I typed it quickly and tbh in the first post you didn't even spell astral plane correctly so no need to get edgy. You seem to be a bit full of yourself here. And no i'm not ruining the experience for others merely stating that it is harmful just like alcohol can be and so giving others a different view, i'm not here to attack anyone like you think. I could start a thread if I wanted I guess but i'm not anti-astral in the sense that the astral isn't innately bad just using it like that can be.
I'm surprised you didn't even mention anything about the harmful effects the astral at all. However I don't see why to take this further I was only stating my opinion while you wish to attack me personally even in the previous post. I'm not that interested in arguing but you seemed to be.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 10:26:25 pm by flurrin »
  • Flag - britain