Author Topic: Canadians of FT, what's it like living in Canada?  (Read 97 times)

Online BerryCake550

• Stock Image Smuggler
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 128
  • chocolate macandeeum
  • Fursona Species: Hairless Chihuahua
Canadians of FT, what's it like living in Canada?
« on: October 07, 2017, 02:59:38 pm »
I had to study a bit about Canadian history for a course in school and ever since then I've been wanting to see what it's really like over there..Plus Canada has almost everything I like (Maple Syrup, Hockey, SNOW)-I mean America is great n' all but you guys have a friggin LEAF on your flag

How's it like over there? :lol:
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer
"I never set out to be weird, it was always other people who called me weird" - Frank Zappa

:shrimp:

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 830
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
Re: Canadians of FT, what's it like living in Canada?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 11:38:17 pm »
It's hard to explain haha :fox-:P:

Despite the obvious stuff that you can read in a book it's hard to explain what Canada is like. We're a large country geographically so the culture greatly differs based on where you are (eg Ontario is completely different from Quebec which is completely different from Newfoundland). I live in Ontario and that's we're most of my experiences come from, I've also spent a decent amount in each of the provences east of me but I've never been in any of the territories of the provinces west of me. So I can't speak for all of Canada but I'll do my best.

I've been to America quite a bit and honestly explaining the difference is so difficult because we're so similar yet so different. You almost have to experience it yourself ^^ however if I had to break it down to a few points:

The people are nicer. I know this is a stereotype but it's true. People really do say sorry a lot. They don't slam doors in your face. They're generally kind and curtious in a way I haven't seen in other countries

It's cleaner? Maybe I've just been visiting the wrong parts of the states but it feels like we have more trees and plants even in out populated areas. There's less litter/junk laying around (in general) that I see. Also there's less signage. This is something that drove me insane while driving to Florida. Seems like you guys have signs/advertisements littering you highways and then there's this huge towering signs over every restaurant, store or hotel and it's completely uncessary and doesn't happen up here :fox-:P:

The politics are less extreme. There's your crazies of course but since Canada is multicultural I find that like the people the political opinions are diverse. And with that they seem less extreme. There's no political party actively trying to take away people's rights and stuff, we're all pretty chill haha
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline Dolly

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 79
  • King Thranduil is coolest
    • FurAffinity - zazanga
  • Fursona Species: Rabbit
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 11:44:32 pm »
I'm not Canadian but I do agree with what Faye said about it being cleaner. We stayed for a couple months in the Gulf Islands which are in British Columbia, and yeah all the cities seem nicer. There's also a lot less people it feels like, less crowded.
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
pet me please                                   ENFP

Online BerryCake550

• Stock Image Smuggler
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 128
  • chocolate macandeeum
  • Fursona Species: Hairless Chihuahua
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 11:50:27 pm »
Interesting! So then how's the weather like over in Ontario? And yes I've heard that Canada is very supportive with diversity in race/ethnics/languages/ect!

I'd love to visit  :fox-:P: Any good tourist attractions over there?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 11:52:46 pm by BerryCake550 »
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer
"I never set out to be weird, it was always other people who called me weird" - Frank Zappa

:shrimp:

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 830
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 11:54:14 pm »
Southern Ontario can vary from -30-30 with humidex/windshield on top of that sometimes so we get both ends of the extremes :fox-:P: we have 4 distinct seasons and I guess just similar weather to the northern states

As for tourist attractions it depends on what you're into. There's Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal that are all large cities that attack tourists but then there's also national parks, skiing places, random touristy spots in every Provence etc
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 87
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 11:54:40 pm »
My aunt is in Monrèal (Montreal), and she says the weather is temperate in the summer and very cold in the winter. She loves the nation though finding it better than Iran, India, Germany, and Mexico.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥
ENTJ | Field Marshall | Pagan