Author Topic: What event changed you a lot?  (Read 66 times)

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 129
  • sushi dog
What event changed you a lot?
« on: October 18, 2017, 04:20:06 pm »
Have you ever had something happen to you and it really have a big impact on you?
Or perhaps something some had said to you.
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline radio

• found dead in miami
  • Forum Elder
  • Candies: 749
  • mustard gucci
  • Fursona Species: Ram
Re: What event changed you a lot?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 06:32:47 pm »
When I was a huge petty asshole in 2016 I was told "why waste your energy on being mean when you can use it to make people smile." So after I heard that I started improving myself. I even went to therapy for awhile. I want to be someone people can look up to. I want to be a positive role model especially in the fandom because a lot of popufurs are sadly pretty rude. I want to make people happy and help them out.  There's a lot of cruel people in the world and I never want to be like that again.
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist
:shrimp: :shrimp: :shrimp: :shrimp: :shrimp:

Offline Aberdeen

• icon by Taaaxu on DA!
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 78
  • King Thranduil is coolest
    • FurAffinity - zazanga
  • Fursona Species: Rabbit
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 07:09:25 pm »
So this is my answer for a lot of questions, but living on a boat in Mexico changed a lot of things for me. We lived a very frugal low-consumer lifestyle, and got to see a side of that country that not many tourists do. My family bonded a lot as well, because being in a 400 square foot space 24/7 can do that to people.

I also learned a lot about making friends. That sounds cheesy, but while cruising on the boat I was lucky enough to experience friendships with a really cool wide variety of people. It really our worldview into perspective. We already didn't want to be major contributors to pollution or become obsessed with making money obviously, but after that trip, I think all of us learned a little about how there are many different ways to make yourself happy, and that making yourself and people you love happy is really the only life goal worth pursuing.

wow didn't rlly expect that to turn into some kind of long winded speech about true happiness nice
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
pet me please                                   ENFP

Offline Aalphabet

• Candies: 1
  • New Meow mew mew mew
    • FurAffinity - Aalphabet
    • Twitter - @AalphaBbet
  • Fursona Species: Candy Lion
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 02:31:58 pm »
Being born, I changed a lot, I remember I was a cell, now I'm a full organism
  • Pronouns: Anything

Offline Shia

• Guess I'm romantic in a way
  • Board Moderator
  • Candies: 270
  • Why don't you catch me when I sway?
    • DeviantArt - discomanokit
    • FurAffinity - discomanokit
    • Twitter - discomanokit
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 02:50:16 pm »
When I was betrayed I realized you have to always keep your guard up and not trust everyone, especially ones with manipulative intentions. I get scared whenever I think about what happened, it has truly changed me as a person. It's a terrible feeling that no one should have to go through. For two whole years I couldn't get it out of my mind any day it kept appearing, it was a terrible feeling. I feel extreme regret and upsetness because what happened was preventable. Many days I can't even talk to people IRL, it's so hard to understand that not everyone is out to get me anymore. I want to use my incident to help people get through their problems too, and whenever I see someone sad and upset I think "I want to be that one person I wish I had during my time". Even if its a little thing someone is going through, I will ask people if they're alright and make sure that they're going to have a bit better of a day. Because we never truly know what others go through, and I really wish I had friends at the time who would guide me away from what I was doing. I also know now not to let anyone dictate your value, or tell you that you'll be nothing without them. Or make you feel like a piece of shit and force you to have to rely on them. It's horrible

I have changed so much, for both better and worse. I really do try to be understanding nowadays
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
If you need anything, just ask me! My inbox is always open and I’m more than happy to help.
Avatar by Serana and sig emote by Avery