Author Topic: School: What's Yours Like?  (Read 2290 times)

Offline Colecovision

• Flying ace
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 9
  • Challenge Accepted.
    • youtube
Re: School: What's Yours Like?
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 06:01:48 am »
ugggg...last day before exams..... hardest will prolly be math or religion.....darn catholic schools....my school is atleast 80 years old......mold everywere....
Whats done is done. You can't change the past any more then you can change the number of stars in the sky. However, you can change the future, and when it comes to that, I have but one thing to say, and that is "Go for it". Because, when you're old and crippled, the things you'll regret most are the things you never did.

Offline Aerion

• The local mellow, game-playing, daydreaming, philosophical wolf-boy
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 43
  • Remaining lives: 1
    • My scrap book of ideas and misc. (feel free to post)
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 08:33:30 am »
I am quite sure half my class converted temporarily to Christianity today (I believe the other half already was Christian), as multiple people made comments along the lines of "Oh god, please don't let us get chosen to have Oral Exams".
It worked too, we didn't get chosen. Yay! Glee! 
"Life's journey is not about arriving at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride""
"Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means you are two steps ahead"
"Invoke not common sense, for it is not common"
"A life without joy is a wasted one, and you got but one to waste."
"To touch the clouds, you need to reach for the stars"
Fantasy games are for n00bs, try playing a game about reality

Offline Alex Galloway

• The Defender
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 62
  • :D
    • FurAffinity - HaddockWolf
  • Fursona Species: Dracocatwolf, Illogical Tribrid from another dimension
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 09:56:11 am »
Oh man. Just finished it. My brain hurts.
"In the end we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -Dr. MLK Jr.
Every person is born a white canvas, and each person we touch, each person we talk to, they impart a shade of their color upon you. and these mixes of colors blend into a unique shade that is you - Alexander (me)

Offline Brooklyn

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 408
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2019, 09:55:10 am »
///massive 11 year necropost incoming///

I go to a school with around 2,000 students in total and a little under 500 in my class. My school's two stories and has four wings -- two levels of the "C" hall and the "D" hall, as well as a long stretch with a study area, "F" fine arts hall, gym, and auditorium. The halls look pretty much identical so if I'm not paying attention I find myself lost and confused where I am until I read the room number, despite this being my third year at this school. As for the social life, my school loves football, pep rallies, and pretty much anything related to sports. The pep rallies are very energizing and it usually ends in the junior and senior section getting riled up when one of the two get the "Spirit Stick", which is a blue stick that gets thrown to the grade level that the faculty deems most energetic or spirited during class chants. As for academics, a big portion of the students don't try (relative to the rest of the school district). However there is a sizable portion of students that try and those are basically the people who you compete against. The pressure is intense if you're in any AP class, but you literally aren't expected to do much in on-level classes.

My school is so crowded. So crowded. Since our school district is one of the most rapidly growing districts in the country, there's always a lot of people coming to the area and the school. We even had a new school open which took a portion of the class with it, but that has literally done nothing for the population as the younger classes keep getting bigger and bigger every year.

Since my school doesn't offer the higher-level class I wanted to take, I ride a bus to the Career Center from my home campus and back. It cuts a small bit into my class time the following class period, but it's pretty fun to be able to leave campus. There is a good portion of the students who go to the career center, and it's a common thing to get excited for going to the center.

Overall I like my school a lot! Unfortunately I've heard students aren't the most nicest in on-level classes (a lot of bullying usually happens there) but those who take Pre-AP, AP, or specialized classes often have no problems. Mostly everyone in my classes are so nice! I like it, but look forward to actually going to college and getting to specialize more on my interests.
  • Flag - usa
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
Icon by Iowyena

Offline Hartsfield-Jackson Intl. Tower

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 140
  • Negative, high speed pass is not approved.
  • Fursona Species: ATL
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2019, 10:15:38 am »
Just like home! ...because it is my home
  • Flag - usa
Air Canada 301, you are cleared to YWG via the Gorman four departure, shafter transition, then as filed.  Climb and maintain 5000, expect flight level three two two.  Departure frequency 123.40, squawk 7201.

Offline Morgue

• Profile by Saint Judas
  • Cookies: 248
  • Oof!
    • FurAffinity - DonnytheFloof
    • Twitter - Donny the Fox
    • Furryteens
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2019, 10:18:48 am »
Where do I start??

At my school we have rednecks, wannabe thugs, band geeks (me included) and a principal who loves to talk so much that our morning announcements go on five minutes longer than they should.

Also, my school is set up kinda weird. It's grades pre-k through 12th (yes this is real. I'm not kidding) one half of the school is the elementary side grades pre-k through 6th grade. The other half is the high school which is grades 7-12.
It's out in the countryside and surrounded by trees.
We have a lot of drama on the high school side which can get extremely draining at times but can also be quite entertaining.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - homoflexible
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Chaotic good - Science geek - Reader/Writer .http://www.thiscrush.com/~axlequartz

Offline Arch

• Gazelle, Pro Nerd, and Farmer of Cranberries
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 125
  • Icon by Sofia Ferguson Romano
    • DeviantArt - Parabola43
    • FurAffinity - ButWaitTheresMore
  • Fursona Species: Gazelle
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2019, 12:23:40 pm »
Well, for starters, it's pretty ducking large. There's a huge store next door, so a lot of kids skip school to head there. There's also a ton of AP courses, for my state, at least.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his

|infp-t| |lawful good|
|my ama| |thiscrush| |toyhou.se|
| image by saint judas |
proud member of the good guys gang
i apologize in advance for any cringe dankness i may have caused -dabs-

Offline Atheltrane Brant

• Icon by Morgue!
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 36
    • Twitter - @atheltrane
  • Fursona Species: Otter
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2019, 12:32:44 pm »
My school is also really big! The total enrollment is over 50,000 though I'm sure a sizable portion of that is online students, and I think something like 90% of the student body lives off-campus, so it's not too crowded.

Overall, the campus is pretty nice. There's a lot of brick buildings and some pretty old ones (my dorm is over 50 years old), but thankfully they all have pretty good air conditioning and wifi. We also have a really cool bell tower that tolls out the hour like in movies :3

They say it's a party school, but I haven't seen to much craziness going on (I also stay away from parties though). The student body is pretty intelligent and well-informed for the most part, though I would say they are overall less politically active than what I expected at a university. Less than 10% of the student population voted in the last student government election, which is pretty wild to think about, especially since there's polling location all over campus.

Sports are super popular here, especially football, though i guess that's pretty common. I don't think our team is even that good though lol, but people get very worked up about it
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - demiromantic

Offline Ferndale Hie

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 83
    • DeviantArt - Ravenhoof
    • FurAffinity - Raven-Foxx
    • Twitter - Raven_Blue_Foxx
    • Weasyl - RavenFoxx
  • Fursona Species: Common Pheasant
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2019, 03:50:09 pm »
I'm in online school now, so I'm just gonna describe my old one. Some of the stuff may be outdated. :fox-:P:

Here is a photo of the building itself.

It was built by the famed architect Albert Khan in 1913, but my school didn't occupy the building until 1966. The building was recognized as a Michigan State Historic Site in 2016 (I was there for the party and made it onto the news too!).
There are three playground-like areas: one across the street from the school (Quietland), one for the kindergarten kids, and one for the kids in grades 1-4/5. (The photo above was taken from Quietland.)

Student-wise, the school is tiny. There are anywhere from 200-300 students enrolled in total. This is probably due to the higher tuition prices, but is evened out with an Affordable Tuition Plan program. A good example of how small classes can be is my own class.
Here we are.

However, the class two years above me only had 4 students, so...

During most of my years there (a total of 9), there was little to no drama, at least not in the classes I was familiar with (2 years below, 1 year below, mine, and 1 year above). Things changed when I was in the 6th, 7th and 8th grades, but it was mostly dating and secret admirer stuff in the grades below me. The two classes below me were just train wrecks of drama. There were rumors about people doing...things in the auditorium, pulling fire alarms, that sort of stuff. I got quite a bit of info about these things because I had good friends in the two classes below. Also, the teacher for the grade right below us didn't really teach well. A lot of the kids ended up taking pre-Algebra instead of Algebra 1, and many couldn't properly use punctuation or capitalization for essays. Heck, one of the kids said, "All we learned was history".

During my time at that school, after-school sports were relatively popular. The least popular program was probably the lyre program for older kids (grades 5 and up, I think). The only kids in it were me, my sister, and a kid from the class below us.

This post is getting really long, so I'm just gonna stop here.  :blush-fox:

TL;DR: The school has very few students, and drama wasn't rampant until recently.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Their or She/Her/Hers
FurryMUCK Status:

Offline Atlas Sea Fox

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 4
    • Twitter - AtlasSeaFox
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2019, 10:43:49 pm »
My school is a residential high school, so I basically live there. I get to go home on the weekends though. The school itself is basically like a college in that it has a campus, students are given a lot of freedom, and the classes in general are structured as college-level courses.
  • Flag - usa

Offline Marc <3

• monochromatic puppies
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 9
  • *Insert Self-Degrading Joke*
    • Twitter - marc_the_3d_man
    • monochromatic puppies - official website
  • Fursona Species: American Pit Bull Terrier
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2019, 08:17:35 am »
My school is very small, and redneck.

You've got your country bois, mainly. Lots of trucks, flannel, boots, mud, southern accents, huntin', farm animals, venison, etc.

#VineDidntDeserveToDie

Other than that, it's pretty boring.
It's just a small district, in a small town. Everyone lives right beside the school, so that's fun.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay
  |  LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH!  :shaking2:  |  Discord: Marc <3#3397  | 

Offline pudding_electivire

• stealing... not ice cream.
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 152
  • drinking tea in a tree somewhere.
    • DeviantArt - jellomagmortar
    • Twitter - @wishesmilkyway
  • Fursona Species: bat/dragon mix, and space dino
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2019, 11:34:19 am »
my school is very small, and in the only red dot in the state aside from upstate. there are rednecks *everywhere*.
once someone harassed me in a lunch line because they did not know what my gender was. we are dealing with these type of people.
then again, students on my bus were also holding swasticas out the window before... so i am not surprised.

we are quite small, around 500(?) students between both the elementary and high school. the lunch lades dig apples out of the garbage, and when we caught and recorded them, they tried making it seem like they were not feeding them back to us by putting out a box that said "apples for horses" with a stock image of a horse on it. hmm.

we have the pacer test here, unfortunately. however, speaking of gym, all of the paddles used for sports are breaking and giving people splinters.

we have also had 3-4 people arrested/kicked out of the school for being "inappropriate with children", and one who still works in the school and is in several of my classes as an aid/substitute teacher, and we have reported. the school did nothing about him, despite having several witnesses and victims. why do my parents make me go here
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - panromantic
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pronouns: he/him
  • Award - Graphic Artist

|*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*thiscrush ✭˚・゚✧*・゚*|
pm for discord and 3ds friend code
member of "good guy gang"

Offline IggyTheDragon

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 7
  • Uniqueness can be a good thing.
    • DeviantArt - IggyTheDragon98
    • FurAffinity - Iggythatdragon
  • Fursona Species: Koopaling dragon
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2019, 08:35:15 pm »
Mine is okay, the teachers are pretty nice, campus is fairly old, but still upkept well. However, there is a PUTRID smell in the bathrooms, everyone juuls, (whatever that is, all I know is that it is drugs) There is the occasional fight, and most kids are jerks or are edgy to a high extent. I feel as if its hard to trust people... Also, there is a very high amount of offensive launague and people i dont trust. Drug busts are semi common. but my bioscience teacher is SO AWESOME.
  • Flag - usa

Offline Shope!

• *Screams about Bucky*
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 200
  • Broadcasting live from area 51!
    • Twitter - @harvest_luna
  • Fursona Species: Jackalope
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2019, 08:46:44 pm »
My school is me, my books, Khan academy, and whatever table I set up at.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  Sew up your skull, take your time, and we'll be just fine.
Instagram: @ShopePapilloma
Proud member of the Good Guy Gang

Offline Sugar

• Let the voice of love
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 205
  • take you higher!
    • DeviantArt - swervemeister
    • Twitter - swervemeister
  • Awards:
    Flag - xmaslight
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2019, 08:50:20 pm »
I like the teachers here. I can tell most of them actually care about the subjects they teach, even in the regular classes where kids don’t often try as hard as they could. They try to get the kids involved and help those with bad grades. The kids themselves vary. Since I live in the south you have a lot of HUNTIN SWEET TEA SIPPIN JESUS LOVIN TRUCK DRIVIN FLIP FLOP WEARIN “THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN” chanting type of kids, and the rest of the kids are pretty regular. Also, I think my school is atleast 50% black. I only mention this because apparently from what I’ve heard from my online friends, a lot of schools aren’t nearly as diversified as mine.
Also, there’s a lot of fights here.
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

THE TASTE OF A LIAR