Author Topic: Furry Survey  (Read 1112 times)

Offline FireHazard

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • The tiger with the flaming tail!
    • Podunk U
Furry Survey
« on: April 05, 2005, 10:22:36 pm »
From another forum I was directed to a survey for furries which can be found http://www.klisoura.com/poll/index.php?sid=1">here.  Please take it, all of you; the results of this survey will be published in book form, so this is your chance to reveal the truth to the world at large.

Thank you.

.|\_/|
/_**_\
...\/

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • Think before you speak!
    • Taris' Den
Furry Survey
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 10:34:10 pm »
nice.  only thing, Ohio is NOT in the midwest.  it's in teh northeast  =P
join us on IRC using mIRC or XChat at irc.furnet.org  #furryteens

We are looking for new Half-Ops and Ops to moderate the IRC channel!  Please send applications to me in a PM!

Offline Chip Redtail

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 11
  • Puppies are food! :P
Furry Survey
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 10:37:59 pm »
interesting survey

i'm glad there's people tryin to put forward the real image of furries

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: -65493
Furry Survey
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 02:24:06 am »
Thanks for mentioning this to us Octan every bit helps I guess XP though I didn't understand a couple questions in it >.< But its nice that theres someone trying to put the right view of our fandom into the hands of the general public ^.^

Offline FireHazard

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • The tiger with the flaming tail!
    • Podunk U
Furry Survey
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 09:19:02 am »
Quote from: Jake
nice.  only thing, Ohio is NOT in the midwest.  it's in teh northeast  =P

According to who?!?

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • Think before you speak!
    • Taris' Den
Furry Survey
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 12:22:08 pm »
my social studies book, and every one that lives in ohio...  >>
join us on IRC using mIRC or XChat at irc.furnet.org  #furryteens

We are looking for new Half-Ops and Ops to moderate the IRC channel!  Please send applications to me in a PM!

Offline vernelka

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 0
Furry Survey
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 12:57:40 pm »
I've actually seen Ohio classified both ways, possibly because about half its northern border touches Michigan, which is almost always classified as Midwest.  Generally, I've seen Ohio as midwest, though.

But let's back to the topic at hand.  I've got a few things to say about this.

I really can't see the point of this survey.  Yes, I took it, and I still hold this view.  Why?
Because a survey isn't going to change the view of the general public.  The only thing that can do that is the same group that created the "all furries are dirty perverts" stereotype: The Mass Media.  But that isn't going to happen anytime soon, as sensationalism generates more business for the media than the truth.  Sure, this survey may change the minds of a few people, but in the long run, it won't make much of a dent in the public opinion of furries.
To add to that, I can already tell that the results of this survey are going to be skewed.  This is because it is internet-based, and thus will only be taken by those active in online communities.  Unless this person is also sending copies to subgroups within the fandom that are largely based offline, it will not present an accurate image of the fandom.  Of course, I don't know just how much of the fandom is based online, offline, or a combination thereof, so this could really be just a trivial issue.  But I still think that the main way this survey is going to spread is through communities such as this one, making the results skewed towards those who are members of said communities.

Offline Ben Lagg

• Orange Level
Furry Survey
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 01:40:48 pm »
It's enough for me to know that Ohio is somewhere in America... ^.^

The survey was quick 'n a bit fun. Just waiting for the book it's gonna be in....
"Take life seriously, if taking life is your profession"
                - Shannat Pansamsi, assassin monk

Offline Tiger Of Integrity

• Orange Level
Furry Survey
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 01:47:50 pm »
Yes, like you said, having a survey like this and getting it published into a book might not have that much of an impact on the public. But you did also mention, which I believe is true, that it will influence SOME people and will make a dent. That's all that matters really. If everyone did something like that then it would be a huga impact. And even if there aren't enough to do that, it's better off that more people are on our side than against, no matter how small the difference.

My motto --- " You can't change the world but you can make a dent in it. "
" You can't change the world but you can make a dent in it. "
" The one thing they love more than a hero is to see a hero fail. "
" Sometimes light is really dark. Sometimes good is really stark. Sometimes Winter feels like Spring. Don't think you know everything. "
" I prefer to think of it as misunderstood. Aren't we all? "