Author Topic: Songs that Children Would Recognize?  (Read 74 times)

Offline Atheltrane Brant

• Many people think my puns are...
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 11
  • "otter" garbage! XD
  • Fursona Species: Otter
Songs that Children Would Recognize?
« on: October 26, 2017, 07:33:26 pm »
I'm doing a volunteering thing vaguely related to school where I'm playing violin at a sort of fall festival for young children this Sunday. Obviously, I'm playing music more geared towards them, instead of my usual classical stuff, but I'm having trouble finding material, I guess because I never watched many childrens' movies when I was a kid  :|

So, does anyone have any suggestions for songs from movies, or otherwise, that might appeal to little kids? I'm guessing there's a lot of Disney songs they might recognize, but I'm not sure which ones...

btw: I already have "A Whole New World" from Aladdin, "Hey Let's Go" from Totoro, Harry Potter, Star Wars, and Pirate of the Caribbean stuff.

Thanks!!
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Brevity is the soul of wit (and signatures), and thus, I will be keeping this on the short side, except I guess it's kind of long now....

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 87
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
Re: Songs that Children Would Recognize?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 08:19:10 pm »
Believe it or not, young children could likely appreciate some classical pieces. But you have to be careful in the selection of such.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥
ENTJ | Field Marshall | Pagan

Offline Atheltrane Brant

• Many people think my puns are...
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 11
  • "otter" garbage! XD
  • Fursona Species: Otter
Re: Songs that Children Would Recognize?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 10:31:51 pm »
Believe it or not, young children could likely appreciate some classical pieces. But you have to be careful in the selection of such.
hmm perhaps I have underestimated them. Probably a very fast and energetic piece would be suitable. Thanks for the advice!
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - asexual
Brevity is the soul of wit (and signatures), and thus, I will be keeping this on the short side, except I guess it's kind of long now....