Author Topic: How to Improve Studying and Work Habits  (Read 36 times)

Offline Graham

• 50% moth, 50% man
  • Board Moderator
  • Candies: 68
  • 100% boyfriend material
    • DeviantArt - ferinebreed
    • Twitter - ferinebreed
  • Fursona Species: Death's Head Moth
How to Improve Studying and Work Habits
« on: November 17, 2017, 03:59:03 pm »
I've seen lots of people saying they've got lots of schoolwork, and I have finals right around the corner, so now's more appropriate than ever for a thread like this.

-Taking regular breaks can be very helpful. Try setting a timer for every fifteen to twenty minutes. Get a snack, walk around, or just stretch for a minute. Focusing on something else for a little bit can help you stay alert. If possible, switch to another subject when your break is over so you don't get burnt out.

-I get distracted pretty darn easily. I don't know if it's an ADHD thing or what, but I've found keeping multiple senses busy tends to make it easier to focus. Try listening to music, chewing gum, or playing with a pen.

-Ask for help! If you don't understand something, your instructor will likely be willing to spend some time going over it. Work with peers, too. They might be able to help if a specific problem or subject is giving you trouble, and vice versa.

-Set goals and reward yourself upon reaching them. If you write to a set word count, read to a specific page, or finish a certain number of problems, give yourself a pat on the back. It sounds silly, but candy can be a good motivator.

Do you have any effective ways of studying or focusing on schoolwork?
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Their
  • Award - Graphic Artist
:graham:
NaNoWriMo: Day: 23 ‖ Word Count: 26,009
dancer, writer, & self proclaimed werewolf whisperer

Online flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 129
  • sushi dog
Re: How to Improve Studying and Work Habits
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 04:46:32 pm »
Ye i second the keeping multiple senses busy thing that really helps u feel more immersed.

Also to begin with do small tasks relating to the work and then gradually immerse yourself. doing work before u go somewhere or do something else helps u feel like u have a time limit to do something and therefore get working.
I write a lot of lists to help me know what im doing.

Most importantly make sure you schedule time to do what you enjoy ^^ and have a balanced lifestyle
Ofc u can enjouy study as well
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline ★Icee★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 592
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
Re: How to Improve Studying and Work Habits
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 07:38:55 pm »
I second taking breaks !!! I always forget how much they help. Its seriously hard to focus the longer you go on, so don't feel like it'll slow you down or something. Breaks make you more productive  :fox-:P: My favorite thing is to go for a walk, even if its a really short one.

Also, try to use a planner. I'm notoriously awful at writing anything down, but this semester I've just had SO much stuff to do that I really forced myself to use one, and it helped a lot! I got a different colored pen for each subject and divide each day into two parts: what's due that day, and what I need to work on that night. And the calendar I use for keeping track of long-term projects and dates. Plus I treated myself to some cute stickers to keep me motivated ^^
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

"While you can trick the rest of the world into thinking you are a good artist, you can never really convince yourself, which is why you keep trying."
Art accountArt threadAMATalk to Me