Author Topic: Clearing up some misunderstandings about Net Neutrality:  (Read 159 times)

Offline NutellaFox

• INFP Personality~
  • Blue Level
  • Candy: 70
  • [icon by a friend named TheWildHyper on dA]
    • DeviantArt - Adadave
    • Twitter - @AdadaveE
  • Fursona Species: A Fox with a werid mind
Clearing up some misunderstandings about Net Neutrality:
« on: December 14, 2017, 05:16:32 pm »
Yo, so as you know in the U.S. the FCC repealed Net Neutrality but I want to clairify what exactly has happened because people are rather misinformed on this.
So who voted today?

People seem to think it was Congress who voted on the Net Neutrality issue today. I mean, it makes sense as we've been told to call our congress representatives right?

However that's not what happened. Congress didn't vote on anything today (not to say they aren't doing anything tho they're working on the legal action I'll explain afterwards)

So who voted today? The FCC voted to basdically START the process that repeals Net Neutrality. The FCC is a committee (like the hundreds of other U.S. committees over things like national parks and the environment and such.) And what happened today is they Voted to repeal Net Neutrality, or rather start it.

TODAY ISN'T THE END OF THE NET NEUTRALITY BATTLE BUT RATHER THE BEGINNING

This vote was only a small hurdle compared to what this action has do deal with next. First off only 3/4 members on the committee wanted to repeal it.

Second, Congress already has a counter bill which would make the Net Neutrality rules Laws (there's a difference) that wouldn't be controlled by a committe that can suddenly just stop protecting it as the FCC voted for today.

Third, Many states are already working on their own Net Neutrality bills in case the Congress/Nationwide plan doesn't work out.

I'm in very full support of Net Neutrality however I'm rather annoyed people are currently expecting to see pages pop up when they visit YouTube asking for money LITERALLY tomorrow.

THAT'S NOW HOW THESE THINGS WORK! XD XP
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - homoflexible
  • Pronouns: He/His/Him They/them

Reality is the things that, no matter how hard you try, won't cease to exist.
Plz don't be werid XP -> http://www.thiscrush.com/~nutellafox
If you want to message me on Discord send me a message/PM! Telegram and Twitter should be in my info on my page.

Offline SugarLonghorn

• Purple Level
  • Candy: 193
  • Awards:
    Flag - xmaslight
Re: Clearing up some misunderstandings about Net Neutrality:
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 06:26:58 pm »
It’s good that you made this; it’s not quite time for people to be upset, rather to get more enthusiastic about your protests.
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

Offline Dolly

• Blue Level
  • Candy: 103
  • profile pic by Rolinho de Canela on DA!
    • FurAffinity - zazanga
  • Fursona Species: Great Dane
Re: Clearing up some misunderstandings about Net Neutrality:
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 08:06:10 pm »
thank-you for making this!! I really hope the bill about net neutrality becoming law is passed.
  • Pride Flag - homoflexible
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers