Author Topic: Being "Nocturnal"  (Read 265 times)

Offline Branches

• Red Level
  • Mince Pies: 1
    • DeviantArt - Caseydog2
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
Being "Nocturnal"
« on: December 19, 2017, 03:38:55 am »
I feel nocturnal, not literally, but at school I don't feel like i'm caring that much about anything really, I dont care much about school (socially) but I try to socialize, I get good grades and act good, but I only really connect with my 3 friends and my amazing gf. But at night I feel like I have much more freedom and I have more "friends" online to talk to. I have a discord with some classmates, but most of them I don't care much about, 2 of them I really hate. But at night, when I can interact with so many people and bother to listen or interact I feel more alive, I also go to bed at late hours of the night. I want to try to get my sleep pattern normalized so I don't look like a walking corpse. Any tips for that? I also feel more accepted online because of members of this community and friends I have made in the furry fandom. Good night, Branches

• Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
I steal your trash! ;3

Offline Taxi

• Imaginary friend...
  • Retired Staff
  • Mince Pies: 397
  • Stay with me till the end
  • Fursona Species: Canine
Re: Being "Nocturnal"
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 01:52:19 pm »
Hey Branches! I used to really struggle with this during my first year on this website, so I do have a few tips for you ^^

Set yourself an Away-From-Keyboard time and stick with it. Have your online friends hold you accountable for when you get sleep. Tell them "Hey, I'm gonna log off and try to get some sleep. Goodbye!" and don't come back online after that. You can also tell them that you're trying to get more sleep and that you'd appreciate if they didn't reply back if it's, say, 10pm where you're at. Sleep is vital to health and it'll help you get your sleep pattern back on track!
  • Flag - usa
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
Icon by Panda!

Offline Horvabarna

• "Liquid Doge" - Easle 2017
  • Yellow Level
  • Mince Pies: 25
  • *Dogeing intensifies*
    • DeviantArt - Horvabarna
    • Twitter - @horvabarna
  • Fursona Species: Airplane dragon
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 02:26:29 pm »
I struggle with this to a degree.  (Who am I kidding? My sleep schedule is royally fucked)

My advice would be (like Shia said) to set yourself a time like 10 PM (or even earlier) when you will go to sleep, and keep by this time, and not just go to sleep around 10, I fell into that hole and got nowhere. You could also start dialing back by hours or half hours. So the first week or two you go to sleep an hour or half an hour earlier, and then another hour/half hour earlier the next week and so on and so on. This might help you gently adjust to a new sleep schedule.

I hope that made sense
  • Flag - hungary
  • Pride Flag - asexual

Offline Branches

• Red Level
  • Mince Pies: 1
    • DeviantArt - Caseydog2
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 04:49:28 pm »
Yes it did, thanks for the tips, I will try to go to bed at 10:30 and cut back every few days until its 10. Many thanks  :thumright:
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
I steal your trash! ;3