Author Topic: Religious "pride flags"?  (Read 267 times)

Offline Konba

• Sci-Fi writer!
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 12
  • Snouzwow! Whoah dude...
    • DeviantArt - gdog1102
  • Fursona Species: Wolverine
Religious "pride flags"?
« on: December 20, 2017, 04:15:10 pm »
Would it be possible to add little symbols we could add to express our faith, somewhat similar to the gender/orientation pride flags.
Christians could have a cross, Jews could have the star of David, Hindus would have an Aum, wiccans could get a pentacle, etc.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Seriously, wolverines are super uncommon fursonas.

Maybe I should change my fursona to a mitochondrion?

Offline California

• World's best snep!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 866
  • Meow!
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Snow leopard
Re: Religious "pride flags"?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 05:05:23 pm »
We've considered it before but there's several issues which is why it's never been executed. Largely the fact that there's no "official" flags for religions unlike countries or even orientations/genders. So while we could technically make them up it wouldn't necessarily be clear to those who new to the forum etc what they mean. There's also an issue of religious sectors, there's so many types of Christianity, paganism etc and without official flags it's incredibly hard to differentiate them. Plus many religious symbols would not be recognizable in pixel format, I had this issue with the country flags (eg Mexico) but since they're internationally known already it wasn't a "huge" issue with them but since these are flags we'd essentially have to create ourselves it becomes a bigger issue that symbols aren't recognizable
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - lesbian
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by NeonSlushie | Signature by Circuitslime