Author Topic: In order to own a gaming laptop...  (Read 270 times)

Offline Scribe

• Official Summer Hater (ish)
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 32
  • I spend way too much time thinking about this stuf
  • Fursona Species: Dutch Angel Dragon
In order to own a gaming laptop...
« on: December 25, 2017, 09:53:42 pm »
So I've been wanting a gaming laptop for a while now, and if I add/sell stuff that I get (Kindle for $250, savings $300, other stuff $200) a total of about $750 dollars which is enough to get a few different gaming laptops.
The real question is, should I sell it all? Also, which laptop should I buy?

Sounds like a dumb question, but please help!
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
“I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless and they don’t want anyone else to feel like that.”

― Robin Williams
Profile art by Panda!

Offline Neptune

• Dude Nice
  • Cookies: 0
  • Fursona Species: Fox
Re: In order to own a gaming laptop...
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 10:04:35 pm »
I myself got a great gaming desktop for that much if not less than that. I did get some of the parts from my cousin but I more or less replaced any parts that weren't the best. The only thing I need that my cousin didn't give me was a VR ready graphic card which I have now. But if you don't want to build a computer than I'm not sure. Anything you buy that's pre-built will not be as good as one you build yourself.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
Dude.... nice.

Offline Horvabarna

• "Liquid Doge" - Easle 2017
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 24
  • *Dogeing intensifies*
    • DeviantArt - Horvabarna
    • Twitter - @horvabarna
  • Fursona Species: Airplane dragon
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 03:37:21 am »
Well, first of all, I would question whether or not you could use it to its full potential(free time to play games, parents, etc...). If you can then I would do an in-depth specs comparison. I have a Dell Inspiron 7567, it is a pretty good contender in it's highest spec, but the lower spec models are also pretty decent. If you were to decide on the dell then I would recommend saving up a bit more for the 2nd up model, since it has an SSD and a better graphics card. Just be prepared for driver and BIOS hell since Dell can't manage to get it right, and I have dealt with several issues over the like 4 months I've had this laptop.
  • Flag - hungary
  • Pride Flag - asexual

Offline NutellaFox

• INFP Personality~
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 70
  • [icon by a friend named TheWildHyper on dA]
    • DeviantArt - Adadave
    • Twitter - @AdadaveE
  • Fursona Species: A Fox with a werid mind
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 08:23:33 pm »
for about 450$ I built my computer desktop out of a used Dell Presicion with Intel Xeon (costed about 165$ to buy used and in great shape)

Then I got a Nividia 1050ti graphics card, a new Bronze 600v power supply, and 8 more GB of ram to put into it and it's been running so well I have yet to actually top it out... runs well into the top 50% on benchmark tests.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - homoflexible
  • Pronouns: He/His/Him They/them

Reality is the things that, no matter how hard you try, won't cease to exist.
Plz don't be werid XP -> http://www.thiscrush.com/~nutellafox
If you want to message me on Discord send me a message/PM! Telegram and Twitter should be in my info on my page.

Offline Scribe

• Official Summer Hater (ish)
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 32
  • I spend way too much time thinking about this stuf
  • Fursona Species: Dutch Angel Dragon
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 08:48:27 pm »
for about 450$ I built my computer desktop out of a used Dell Presicion with Intel Xeon (costed about 165$ to buy used and in great shape)

Then I got a Nividia 1050ti graphics card, a new Bronze 600v power supply, and 8 more GB of ram to put into it and it's been running so well I have yet to actually top it out... runs well into the top 50% on benchmark tests.
Lol I also have a Dell Precision (I forgot all the numbers after it XD) as my base pc right now and it runs well (with a better graphics card that I've put in but I don't remember the name), but I'm looking for something more portable like either a laptop, or something like this. The only problem with this one is the processor.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
“I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless and they don’t want anyone else to feel like that.”

― Robin Williams
Profile art by Panda!