Author Topic: Space X and other space stuffs:  (Read 139 times)

Offline Adadave

• INFP Personality~
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 68
  • [icon by a friend named TheWildHyper on dA]
    • DeviantArt - Adadave
    • Twitter - @AdadaveE
  • Fursona Species: A Fox with a werid mind
Space X and other space stuffs:
« on: February 21, 2018, 07:41:29 pm »
Not too much space stuff around here I notice and I'd love to start some discussion on this :D

I haven't been too active on here but did anyone else watch the Falcon Heavy launch? It might be considered a giant advertisement/publicity stunt (well... it was a publicity stunt and would've either way if it blew up or not XD) but it was amazing to watch.
I still can't get out of my head watching the 2 booster stages land nearly in sync and then the moment when the fairing deployed with Starman and David Bowie playing on the broadcast. I think I'll definitely remember this.

I find it funny how about 50 years ago there was a push on how we need to make space travel more reusable and less expensive. The Space Shuttle was supposed to be a way to make rockets more reusable.

And then later SpaceX decided to just come up with landing the boosters on a ship or on the pad (RIP that middle stage XD) To add to it they outdated the Delta IV heavy and have a rocket that can launch 2x the paload at 1/2 the cost.

In other space related news think about this- SpaceX is also launching another rocket -hopefully- tomorrow which would put them at launching a rocket again within a couple of weeks. Apperently the plan is to design rocket boosters that will be able to be launched, landed, refueled, and launched again, launching multiple missions off of one booster within a day or 2. It's really exciting.

There's also the James Webb Telescope which will be really cool to see. Hubble's been amazing and to think Hubble is a bit outdated with today's technology... I personally can't wait to see all of the things people learn with the James Webb Telescope.

Feel free to post and discuss other space-related things here! I'd love to hear.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - homoflexible
  • Pronouns: He/His/Him They/them

Reality is the things that, no matter how hard you try, won't cease to exist.
Plz don't be werid XP -> http://www.thiscrush.com/~adadave
If you want to message me on Discord send me a message/PM! Telegram and Twitter should be in my info on my page.

Offline Alva

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 76
  • Art by Donny
  • Fursona Species: Coyote
Re: Space X and other space stuffs:
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 07:02:50 pm »
Ever heard of Breakthrough Starshot? It's a program designed to propel micro satellites to the nearest star system, Proxima Centauri, in 20 years of travel time using ground based lasers to propel it forward with solar sails attached to the craft. It's incredible to think humanity may be an interstellar species by 2100!

Here's the link to the website: https://breakthroughinitiatives.org/initiative/3
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
I promise I'm not that weird!

Offline Adadave

• INFP Personality~
  • Blue Level
    • DeviantArt - Adadave
    • Twitter - @AdadaveE
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 07:06:56 pm »
Ever heard of Breakthrough Starshot? It's a program designed to propel micro satellites to the nearest star system, Proxima Centauri, in 20 years of travel time using ground based lasers to propel it forward with solar sails attached to the craft. It's incredible to think humanity may be an interstellar species by 2100!

Here's the link to the website: https://breakthroughinitiatives.org/initiative/3

The thought of pulling something off like this has sounded really amazing.

I hope they get to it tho. so far it's been a lot of talk but not a lot of walk.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay

If you want to message me on Discord send me a message/PM! Telegram and Twitter should be in my info on my page.

Offline Alva

• Yellow Level
  • Art by Donny
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 07:16:56 pm »
I hope they get to it tho. so far it's been a lot of talk but not a lot of walk.

I totally see what you mean here, since the space race ended interest in space exploration seems to have faded away for the most part.

It's good that we have people like Elon Musk to show us the wonders of space travel today and to hopefully get people willing to explore again!
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline Adadave

• INFP Personality~
  • Blue Level
    • DeviantArt - Adadave
    • Twitter - @AdadaveE
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 07:24:06 pm »

I totally see what you mean here, since the space race ended interest in space exploration seems to have faded away for the most part.

It's good that we have people like Elon Musk to show us the wonders of space travel today and to hopefully get people willing to explore again!

Yeah! And I also find it interesting how Blue Origin started around the same time but apperently despite Elon having a less "oooh space" mindset he's more along the "we need to survive off earth eventually" which makes sense why spaceX has been doing so good.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay

Offline Alva

• Yellow Level
  • Art by Donny
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 07:33:10 pm »

Yeah! And I also find it interesting how Blue Origin started around the same time but apperently despite Elon having a less "oooh space" mindset he's more along the "we need to survive off earth eventually" which makes sense why spaceX has been doing so good.

Never heard of Blue Origin before, really shows how successful they are compared to Spacex :p

Two other reasons why I think Spacex is doing so well is because of Elon's likeable personality and the crazy amount of publicity he gets.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline Flimsy Fox

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 7
    • DeviantArt - FlimsyFox
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 09:58:51 pm »
Oooooh space stuff.

I have not heard of this at all until after it was launched. I think I need to get more involved in watching space news...

It does sound really cool though. I'm always really excited to hear about news about space-related things: rockets, future plans, etc. It just reminds me that space travel is probable within the next 50 years.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pronouns: He/him/his

"once you discover one simple fact, and that is everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you, and you can change it, you can influence it, you can build your own things that other people can use. once you learn that, you'll never be the same again." -Steve Jobs

Offline Adadave

• INFP Personality~
  • Blue Level
    • DeviantArt - Adadave
    • Twitter - @AdadaveE
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 10:46:57 pm »
Oooooh space stuff.

I have not heard of this at all until after it was launched. I think I need to get more involved in watching space news...

It does sound really cool though. I'm always really excited to hear about news about space-related things: rockets, future plans, etc. It just reminds me that space travel is probable within the next 50 years.

it's all good! I would recomend following Scott Manley on Youtube. He used to mainly just play Kerbal Space Program and explain the real world aplications of it but he's shifted to more pure science videos and he does do news updates on these things.

You can also follow SpaceX, Nasa, and their respective heads on social media. They usually give out a lot of updates about space news.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay

Offline Flimsy Fox

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 7
    • DeviantArt - FlimsyFox
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 11:26:09 pm »
Oooooh space stuff.

it's all good! I would recomend following Scott Manley on Youtube. He used to mainly just play Kerbal Space Program and explain the real world aplications of it but he's shifted to more pure science videos and he does do news updates on these things.

You can also follow SpaceX, Nasa, and their respective heads on social media. They usually give out a lot of updates about space news.

Thanks! I will be sure to follow these guys!
  • Flag - usa
  • Pronouns: He/him/his

"once you discover one simple fact, and that is everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you, and you can change it, you can influence it, you can build your own things that other people can use. once you learn that, you'll never be the same again." -Steve Jobs