Author Topic: Geocaching.  (Read 2968 times)

Offline Harlan

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 86
  • True story.
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Personal site - drop by and say hi!
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
Re: Geocaching
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2016, 08:01:00 pm »
MEGA BUMPING THIS because I'm about to start geocaching for a school project. I've never done it before so I'm wondering if anyone here has?

I certainly have - here to help! :salut:
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Not active on FT anymore. :(
BUT
Still happy to talk if you drop a line on twitter.com/kamboblack or furaffinity.net/user/harlan

Offline Panda ★

• ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 692
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2016, 08:16:05 pm »
Holy damn six year bump it's amazing the link still even works. This sounds fun and it says there's about 2000 near me

Yeah it said there were like 4,000 when I was at school earlier  :shock: I wonder how many of those don't actually exist anymore?
I only have a couple days to do this, so I don't wanna go out only to not find anything
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - aromantic
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Feels like hanging at the end
Don't turn away, take it slow
You got to stay as you are

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2016, 08:28:02 pm »
Holy damn six year bump it's amazing the link still even works. This sounds fun and it says there's about 2000 near me

Yeah it said there were like 4,000 when I was at school earlier  :shock: I wonder how many of those don't actually exist anymore?
I only have a couple days to do this, so I don't wanna go out only to not find anything
I'm gonna keep the site bookmarked so I can look it back up when I get a phone
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline MysticSolstice

• <3
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 878
  • Love is love
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Fairy-Dragon-Wolf hybrid
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 08:59:25 pm »
I love geocaching! <3 it's not a hobby I'm super involved in, it's mostly something I do with girl guides but omg it's so fun, like a little treasure hunt! I've gone geocaching in my region 5 or 6 times now and found all the boxes we were looking for except one (it was in a kinda weird area though, like a tiny park the middle of a neighbourhood so some kid may have taken it)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 02:44:57 pm by MysticSolstice »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - lesbian
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Célestin La Rue

• Colombe Céleste
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 35
  • Voler au-desses!
  • Fursona Species: Dove
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2016, 11:04:20 pm »
      This sounds like an awesome idea! Who ever created this is very creative, and I'll admit, it sounds like a lot of fun. I probably wouldn't play it because it seems like it can be rather repetative after a while, but still, it's a wonderful idea. I know it won't work for me because of where I live. I live in a rural area where land is very spread. People's property is reasonabley large where I live, and even some of the land is completely private. I highly doubt peopke here would want others on their property looking for a small cache of prizes. It's designed more for urban areas where the enviroment is more enclosed.
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His

Offline mistpaw

• if I told you what I was, would you turn your back on me?
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • we were never welcome here at all.
  • Fursona Species: grey fox
Geocaching.
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2016, 09:27:29 pm »
This is probably the right place for this, if it's not just move it for me. Thanks  :fox-:):   
I recently started geocaching and was wondering if any of you guys do it, or if I can get anyone interested in it.  For those of you who don't know what it is,  it's like a game of sorts where you use a GPS or a phone app to go to the coordinates of a nearby cache that you locate online. When you get to the coordinates of the cache,  you have to find it.  Sometimes it's pretty obvious,  but usually it is hard to find. When you find it,  you open it and sign a piece of paper or a book known as the log,  this is to keep track of who has found the cache and when.  Then you put it back and go find another one! It's a fun little hobby that gets you out and exploring. And you can do it anywhere,  even if you're on vacation (unless you're on vacation to get away from this kind of stuff). Anyways,  for more information go to: https://www.geocaching.com/guide/    (may or may not redirect you to a signup/login page. Sorry if it does.) so,  yeah.
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
just found this 0_0 ----> http://names.whitepages.com/first/Sapheran <----

no idea who that is.                Avatar by the amazing Flora!

Offline Alastair

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 190
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
Re: Geocaching.
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2016, 09:52:01 pm »
It seems pretty fun. A friend and I did it (I'm pretty sure it was geocatching?) several years ago, but never found anything. I completely forgot about it though, might be interesting to try again sometime.
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt gold

Avatar by Egg66E on Chicken Smoothie. Signature image by Jishokoi on Chicken Smoothie.

Offline Vlad

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 57
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2016, 10:45:59 pm »
I used to geocache a bit but never found the time to keep it up. It was always pretty fun though, I'd like to go back to it if I get the chance later. Once you've found the local caches it's much more fun if you do it while traveling- just check for nearby ones whenever you're on a trip or errand someplace reasonably far away or particularly interesting.

Geocaching is pretty much the original location-based video game. Think about it- the whole point is to visit locations provided on the internet and accomplish a task at those locations. Just like Pokemon Go, but in my opinion, more useful and exciting! (Not that I've played PMG, I don't use a smartphone.)
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline Hieroglyph

• Vilous Nerd
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 160
  • Lover of snow, daydreaming, and languages
  • Fursona Species: Artificially-created creature/monster
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2016, 11:27:20 am »
I used to geocache a lot with my dad, it was pretty fun. I should try it again sometime.

(I could also kill two birds with one stone if I played some Pokemon Go on the walk to the geocache site, or on the walk back. :fox-;):)
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt gold
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androsexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: Any (they/them preferred)
  • Award - Graphic Artist

[ Otherkin - Pescetarian - Agnostic ]
Icon by Alastair

Offline mistpaw

• if I told you what I was, would you turn your back on me?
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • we were never welcome here at all.
  • Fursona Species: grey fox
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2016, 01:20:07 pm »
(have tried to post this three times now but every time I hit the refresh button for some reason.  :sad-fox: ) thanks for merging my post with this one, whoever did that. I was planning on searching to see if there was already a post about this before I posted, but I forgot.

I have done some geocaching, not much, but some. there are a few near my house so I have got those. I have introduced a few of my friends to geocaching and they seem to be really excited. I have had a very sketchy experience though. I was just out minding my own business geocaching at the library right next to my house, when I saw one nearby. I went to follow it and noticed that the GPS on my phone was leading me right behind the library, into a holding pond, on the edge of some forest area where a metric, f#@*ing ton of Hobos live. I took one look at the map and ran off in the opposite direction. I now carry my dive knife with me whenever I go geocaching. so just stay safe while out alone.
just found this 0_0 ----> http://names.whitepages.com/first/Sapheran <----

no idea who that is.                Avatar by the amazing Flora!