Author Topic: Do you consider your fursona original?  (Read 28832 times)

• split your infinities
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 59
  • By irishthorns@FA
    • FurAffinity - aurorapaws
    • Twitter - aurorafatalis
  • Fursona Species: a cleverly arranged amalgamation of carbon compounds
Re: How unique are you?
« Reply #240 on: June 24, 2014, 03:26:11 am »
Not nearly as much as I would like to think. I've seen quite a few other characters that are very similar and one fursuit selfie (just the head) that was identical except for the hair.

I've been meaning to come up with a new fursona design for over a year, but I can't bring myself to think about it for some reason...
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - demiromantic

None of this will matter
20 years from now

Offline Mirror

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • Fursona Species: fox
« Reply #241 on: June 24, 2014, 09:30:07 am »
I used to believe I was unique, but I know I'm not. I believe there are tons of people just like me.

Offline ___

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 43
« Reply #242 on: June 24, 2014, 01:13:34 pm »
On the surface, perhaps I am not. Maybe a little bit, but not quite.
But as you dig deeper into my personality and the overall concept of my fursona... I have yet to meet ANYONE like me. Next to EVERY other fox I meet is a stereotype of some kind. I am the exact OPPOSITE of most if not all of the stereotypes concerning foxes. I'm NOT cunning. I'm NOT sneaky. I'm NOT evil or malevolent contrary to my appearance. I'm not even intelligent! I'm not... er... what the fandom specifically portrays us... None of that. Aerobolt even has my personality specifically. Even in person I can be considered unique... And that name, Aerobolt is a play on of the fictional word in my book, "Arrabalta" which means "Savior". If you can analyze who I um underneath the dark and evil looking surface, you'll find a vulpine opposite of nearly every stereotype there is of us...

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #243 on: June 24, 2014, 01:25:22 pm »
When I grew up my mom told me I was special, along with every single teacher I ever had and television program. I am the future of the world. Everything I do is great. Like a snowflake, I am unique and individual among the rest of the world! I can do no wrong and it is actually everyone else's fault for the problems in the world.

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #244 on: June 24, 2014, 01:28:28 pm »
its hard for me to comment on threads like this because my self perception changes a lot depending on my mood. but i am pretty unique. i have a love for fishing, both fresh water and salt, i love dirtbikes and gocarts- pretty much anything that goes fast. my mechanical qualitys are useful and almost nothing peevs me more than someone who cant work on their own stuff. like if someone cant even change a tire. god. umm, my artistic side is pretty small though. i often have trouble expressing myself
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline Count Faithfull

• Just a cute Tiger
  • Cookies: 332
  • Sushi is mana from Heaven.
  • Fursona Species: Vamperic Tiger
« Reply #245 on: June 24, 2014, 03:00:50 pm »
Unique? My sona is a master of stealth, he blends in with crouds. If to many people are unique than its kinda normal to be unique, in witch case its not unique anymore. I like being a simple non-unique  tiger, so others can be unique in the eyes of men.
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
▬▬▬▬▬▬⌘ஜ۩۞۩ஜ⌘▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chaotic Good ⧱ Bard/cleric ⧱ Faithfull's admirers'ENFJ ⧱ Hufflepuff ⧱ Pisces/Earth Tiger
▬▬▬▬⤪۩۞۩⤭▬▬▬▬
Icon by Serana <3
⥿

Offline Saint Judas

• Herr Dummkopf
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 175
  • Just a Whisper...
  • Fursona Species: Rat-Raven
« Reply #246 on: June 24, 2014, 04:18:43 pm »
Did you notice? My uniqueness is easily covered. The silver fur will stand out, but silver hair and pale skin will not mean much. An instrument is easily covered, a sword sheathed and tucked away, and no one needs know my name. It's small things really, though the silver fur is pretty noticable.

Offline Syfaro

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 14
  • foxfoxfox
    • DeviantArt - Syfaro
    • FurAffinity - syfaro
    • Twitter - Syfaro
    • blog.syfaro
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #247 on: June 25, 2014, 12:35:06 am »
Not terribly unique, a single solid color and a stripe. Uniqueness doesn't really matter though, my character is just who it's morphed into over the past few years.

Offline Mister_Twiddles

• The lurker
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 29
  • More fun than a kitten covered in cocaine!
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #248 on: June 27, 2014, 01:12:51 am »
My fusona is a trenchcoat wearing, gun toating, ass kicking mofo with the name of Twiddles.  TWIDDLES.
You'll need to speak up, I'm not wearing any pants!

Discord: Mister_Twiddles#6928

Hit me up, I'm bored!

Offline Count Faithfull

• Just a cute Tiger
« Reply #249 on: July 02, 2014, 04:31:02 pm »
Unique? My sona is a master of stealth, he blends in with crouds. If to many people are unique than its kinda normal to be unique, in witch case its not unique anymore. I like being a simple non-unique  tiger, so others can be unique in the eyes of men.
so said the guy who went and became a Dalek..
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:23:11 pm by Faithfulswordsman »
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
▬▬▬▬▬▬⌘ஜ۩۞۩ஜ⌘▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chaotic Good ⧱ Bard/cleric ⧱ Faithfull's admirers'ENFJ ⧱ Hufflepuff ⧱ Pisces/Earth Tiger
▬▬▬▬⤪۩۞۩⤭▬▬▬▬
Icon by Serana <3
⥿

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #250 on: July 03, 2014, 07:16:40 am »

This unique.

Not really. I guess my created OCs aren't too typical, but I wouldn't consider them wildly original. Deer aren't exactly as common as other animals like canines, birds aren't as prominent as you would expect them to be and you don't really seen any vicuñas at all. However I don't think any of them have an extremely creative or memorable design. I'd say Gage (the original character I created) has the most eye-catching design, but even he pales in comparison to the creations of others. I guess I prefer natural designs above anything and don't like altering a species' natural colours much.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 07:55:27 am by Gage »
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor

Offline Lamia van Hellsing

• Cookies: 1
  • Fursona Species: Tribal Bat
Re: Do you consider your fursona original?
« Reply #251 on: July 04, 2014, 07:06:12 pm »
I consider mine fairly original; for one, she's a bat, and you don't exactly see nearly anywhere.
I also consider her to be fairly original in the fact that she's simply a very innocent nun. And when I say that, I don't mean like how some movies or comics or whatever depict some nuns as secretly pure evil, seductive, or sex-crazed people. I mean she is a very, very innocent nun of a convent.

She's a nun, nothing more. No powers, no special abilities.. Pretty average, spends her life in prayer and reading, singing hymns, making communion bread.. xD The only real 'special characteristic' she has is that one of her eyes is purple and the other one is red.

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 139
  • I'm full of coffee
  • Fursona Species: Catahoula Leopard Dog
« Reply #252 on: July 04, 2014, 07:35:37 pm »
I consider Aika to be original in the sense that he's my creation and I have shaped him into the character he is today - his personality, tastes, opinions etc. In most people's eyes however, he's pretty generic.
-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)

Offline Saint Judas

• Herr Dummkopf
  • Purple Level
  • Just a Whisper...
« Reply #253 on: July 04, 2014, 11:18:33 pm »
I suppose my alt Aisu, is also unique in being a Tengu, but not much more. His name means ice, and well, I think that's it. Watchful, intelligent, clever, and not overly talkative, he tries to blend in, as what is the good of a raven who knows no gossip or info? Rumors, tales, the Tengu are about knowledge, especially the kind that's overheard

Offline Count Faithfull

• Just a cute Tiger
« Reply #254 on: July 04, 2014, 11:25:16 pm »
I suppose my alt Aisu, is also unique in being a Tengu, but not much more. His name means ice, and well, I think that's it. Watchful, intelligent, clever, and not overly talkative, he tries to blend in, as what is the good of a raven who knows no gossip or info? Rumors, tales, the Tengu are about knowledge, especially the kind that's overheard
Wait... Tengu as in the Japanese goblin priest?
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
▬▬▬▬▬▬⌘ஜ۩۞۩ஜ⌘▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬⤪۩۞۩⤭▬▬▬▬
Icon by Serana <3
⥿

Offline Saint Judas

• Herr Dummkopf
  • Purple Level
  • Just a Whisper...
« Reply #255 on: July 04, 2014, 11:29:29 pm »
No, I think we are referencing different things. I am also basing mine off of a Roleplay book rather than the hundreds of myths and documents, but it's a Roleplay book that I feel makes a good representation of what they create, how if could be real life, it's history etc. most of my references are from Werewolf, by the white wolf company. Specifically the sourcebook Hengyoki, shapeshifters of the east

The simplistic idea is Kitsune with a raven instead of a fox. It's a little more complex, but that's the basic idea

Offline 1

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 31
« Reply #256 on: July 05, 2014, 01:10:01 am »
Incredibly...

In my eyess :p

Offline Essie

• Where the fruit at?
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 22
  • No seriously, where is the fruit?
    • DeviantArt - JumperHusky
  • Fursona Species: Siberian Husky/Batdog
« Reply #257 on: September 02, 2014, 12:29:04 am »
I know there's a lot of maroon husky dogs out there, but I feel like I'm best represented as one so I keep my fursona just the way she is :) Her name is unique in that it's the only Latvian fursona name I've ever come across.
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
"I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate."
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 831
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #258 on: September 02, 2014, 10:52:00 am »
Mines a fairy, dragon, wolf hybrid so I consider that pretty unique, she's also a witch and lives in medival times which is not the norm
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline Placeholder

• Beep
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 109
  • Boop
« Reply #259 on: September 02, 2014, 01:23:45 pm »
Cervines aren't uncommon. But i have yet to find one who rules a kingdom