Author Topic: Do you consider your fursona original?  (Read 28579 times)

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
Re: Do you consider your fursona original?
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2010, 03:41:32 pm »
The idea for this one literally popped up overnight (Back in early May, actually). I liked the idea, and looked around to see if any others were like it. I found many arctic foxes, but only a very few with green and none of them radioactive. I think it's pretty unique. :)
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Zenith Decrowe

• Bold as Love
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 42
  • Not a chicken
    • FurAffinity - zeniththecrow
  • Fursona Species: Crow
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2010, 03:47:14 pm »
Species:  Well, I think that corvids (ravens, crows, blue jays, etc) are the most common species out of all avians, but avians are kinda rare in the fandom itself.  If you check on FA, there's a section under the species list specifically dedicated to crows, but number of images aren't even a quarter long compared to the fox or wolf sections. 

Design/Clothing:  Well if you're talking about my feral form, Z, his features are just his yellow eyes and purple tie.  Sometimes a scarf.   Funny thing though, neck wear is very common among avians.  The most defining feature would be the white rings around his eye.  I did that in homage to my secondary fursona, Alsatian who had black rings around his eyes, since he was the first fursona I made up.  I don't know if that makes him original, though.  It's like the crow was template for me to just put clothes and markings on.  Anthro form, he wears fancy stuff, mostly because I like dressing up IRL too.  Same thing about playing the guitar too.  But really, you don't see super original fursonas out there because almost no one wants to be a fish or insect or turtle, etc. 

I think that if you like a certain species, it doesn't matter if its original or not.
  • Site Donor
And so castles made of sand fall in the sea,
Eventually

Offline Kelly

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 16
  • Fursona Species: husky
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2010, 03:54:47 pm »
No, because I like huskies a lot, regardless of traits; so, just a husky fursona is good enough, it doens't have to be super-original. Still, I based my fursona on my neighbour's husky, cause she was the most awesome dog ever.
Watch "Missing Lynx"

Offline TIGER

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 222
  • :03
    • Twitter - tidaltiger
    • tumblr
  • Fursona Species: surprisingly, not a tiger?
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2010, 04:57:07 pm »
I'm a sparkling fennec fox x husky that is pink and orange and mango coloured with optional wings and I glow in the dark.

I dunno. You decide.
I sure haven't seen any other similar creatures around like me. c:
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: she/they
  • Award - Graphic Artist
do your best today! ☀

Offline lucien

• i sold my hands for food
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 204
  • so please feed me.
    • DeviantArt - m0rtuum
    • FurAffinity - spazzeh
    • Twitter - onlygxdforgives
  • Fursona Species: african lion
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2010, 05:15:14 pm »
Well, species-wise, probably not. Coloring-wise... I don't think so, but a lot of people tell me my fursona's design is really unique. But, yellow and purple are complementarity colors that are often used by others, so it's not really ~creative~.

What about the Fez? I don't think I've seen another fursona with one :3

Well, the fez is just an accessory. It's not really part of the design, you know?
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline Rocko Ziggs

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 24
  • Friendly Neighbourhood Rocker-Coon
    • FurAffinity - RockoWolfcoon
    • Twitter - almightyrocko
  • Fursona Species: Wolfcoon
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2010, 05:22:31 pm »
I think my fursona is original, its not everyday i meet another Wolfcoon, i forget how i came up with it. two of my fav animals in one i guess x3

Offline Seth

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 50
    • DeviantArt - SethMongoose
    • FurAffinity - Safaia
  • Fursona Species: Yellow Mongoose/Reindeer Hybrid
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2010, 05:53:31 pm »
I do think my fursona is original. I think I'm the only Mongdeer. Although the reindeer part and blue nose are from Chopper from One Piece. None of Seth's colorings really aren't original.

Offline Battery

• Zombiesaurus Rex
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 53
  • Name's Ash....Housewares. Groovy.
  • Fursona Species: Lythronax argestes
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2010, 06:04:45 pm »
My Fursona is half Fox (generic) and half German Shepard (generic) so to together they make something I've only seen once so I guess I'm more um...UnCommon? But I've had people tell me my fursona is original. The TimeTraveling part I find a bit original. And clothing, My fursona wears glasses and I don't see to much of that and My fursona wears a beanie which I have never seen yet.
DeviantArt - FurAffinity - Weasyl - Tumblr - Twitter - Skype: BatteryAcidLeak

Offline SleepyBoi

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 1
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2010, 08:55:26 pm »
Anteaters? Yes, I've seen various in searching for them. People say they're uncommon but I can think of 20 more uncommon animals right off the top of my head.
Green anteaters? Never seen one, although I've seen blue before. :P I consider mine unique in clothing and style anyway, besides species. But none of that really matters, as long as you like your fursona, who cares how "generic" it is.

Offline Wolf12

• Life is just a dream it's never ending.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 29
  • I'm not okay I'm crazy!!!!!!!
    • FurAffinity - bangwolf
  • Fursona Species: Gray Wolf
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2010, 10:28:11 pm »
No I don't think my fursona is original I seen blue wolves before I just can't remember where.
All you base are belong to Wolf.
it's in the fine print.

my icon is done by Manicsfan.

Offline Frostclaw

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 6
    • DeviantArt - yonifrostclaw
    • FurAffinity - YoniFrostclaw
  • Fursona Species: fox/lynx hybrid
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2010, 03:03:54 am »
half fox, -10 points. I don't see lynxes everyday, and for a fox lynx I had to do a search. For the colouring I used natural colors, but the winter coat is more something of my own. I also don't know how many do the winter/summer thing. Clothing is just what I wear everyday. I would dare say that im not so generic, but sometimes when I draw Frostclaw, I make him look too foxlike.

Offline Chrys

• (future) Eccentric
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 9
    • DeviantArt - Ki-wolf
    • FurAffinity - four-leafclover
  • Fursona Species: Masked Palm Civet X Jungle Cat
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2010, 06:52:42 am »
There are a couple of snow leopard-dogs/wolves around as hybrids go (I didn't find them for a while but a couple of them a great artists so I feel somewhat lucky to share species with them), hybriding with a leopard or tiger is quite common for the fur markings, and snow leopard tails get a lot of love
the blue colour, fairly common too, I didn't want to be natural but I didn't want to be eye-burning and clashy either
Clothing, it's what I wear but that doesn't make it generic, clothing is probably the most unique aspect of my fursona,
Back-story/Personality-wise there is none, I started of as straight wolf (being somewhat therian as I am) and just evolved, Ki ki is me through and through, though again that doesn't denote lack of unique-ness

So yeah the whole seems to be more than sum of the parts to me; yes there are other leopard-dogs, yes there are other blue furs, there are other furs who would at least occasionally wear cloaks and tailcoats and the like and I'm sure there's other furs that love peanut butter and sewing and chasing things and everything else I like but all up I doubt another me will be turning up any time soon
Hopefully the above post made sense...

Artings!~http://www.furaffinity.net/user/four-leafclover/

Offline Jarulso

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 10
    • Twitter - Jarulso
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2010, 08:03:49 am »
I don't think mine is that Original :P

I pretty much based it off a Grey Fox, made it Black, then gave it a silver tail xD
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline 1234567

• 自殺は生命の証拠である
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 34
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2010, 09:58:23 am »
I think that mine is the least unique fursona ever invented! There must be a million foxes in the fandom. I'm just adding to that number.

Perhaps mine is somewhat original by the fact I'm just a fox and not a fox with a blue tail or a fox with purple hair... Meh.

Offline Sulphur

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 27
    • DeviantArt - SulphurTea
    • FurAffinity - Sulphuric
    • LiveJournal - SulphurTea
    • Twitter - Sulphurtea
  • Fursona Species: Spotted Hyena
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2010, 12:36:44 pm »
I wouldn't consider mine very original. I mean, I don't see all that many hyenas, maybe more than a lot of other critters but not near as much as foxes, huskies, etc. but her actual design is pretty generic. No unique markings or anything.

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2010, 04:43:08 pm »
Well my fursona is based off my real life dog, so there's nothing "unique" about him.
I guess collie isn't one of the most common breeds though, most furs prefer canines like wolves; foxes; sheppards.

Offline Tyla

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 23
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2010, 06:35:25 pm »
I'm just curious as to whether you consider your Fursona's design and species as being either rare or generic?
I'm a white housecat and based majorly off my real life body, slight changes based on the whole "Tyla is Trangender" aspect. To be honest, I'd say that the only thing that's truly "not generic" about me is my pink hair. xD

Offline Izzy

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 33
  • Meep~!
    • FurAffinity - Squawk
  • Fursona Species: Deinonychus
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2010, 10:10:18 pm »
Not at all.
Actually to an extent I don't feel Izzy is all too original.
There are a lot of colorful fursonas and although I didn't base his color scheme on anyone else's fursona, I still feel he isn't all too original.
Although he is a deinonychus, there are several others on FA, taken not as many as foxes, wolves, cats, etc, but whatever.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 01:36:12 am by Izzy »
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Duino

• Logical by Design.
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 27
  • Stupid by Choice.
    • FurAffinity - Duino
  • Fursona Species: Mandarin Duck
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2010, 10:15:31 pm »
 To the extent of my knowledge, there are about ten other ducks on FA, give or take. However, all of them are mallards, save one pekin, so as far as main fursonas go I do believe I'm the only Mandarin. There are one or two concept characters that are Mandarin ducks, too, but both of them seem to be one-shot deals and not elaborated upon afterward. So with just the species, I'd say it's pretty darn unique. But as far as original goes... well, Duino is just a duck with the ability to walk, talk, and take an anvil to the skull and emerge fine without an increase to his insurance premiums. His color scheme and character design are based totally off a real Mandarin, without much variation. So it's been more like taking two ideas and mixing them together rather than coming up with a totally new one.

Characteristically, it's the same way. I'd be lying if I said I didn't take a lot of character notes from attitudes and actions from both classic Disney and Looney Tunes. Granted, Duino as a character is first based off myself and my own reactions to things, so he's very original in that regard, but he takes a lot of influence from other, pre-ordained characters. I suppose one could argue that the changes and variations I've made to him make him different and original enough to not even mention all this, but I can't in good faith call him an original character- at least, not free and clear. He's unique, for sure, but a lot of his composition is borrowed.

Sure, I'm being nit-picky, but that's what happens when you ask a writer about his favorite characters: you get more detail than anyone cares to know.
And that's why they call me Duino Duck- Drake of Daring, Mandarin of Magnificence, Water Fowl of West Seattle!

Offline iKerochu

• ピカチュウ
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 7
  • Chuu~
    • FurAffinity - iKerochu
    • Twitter - iKerochu
  • Fursona Species: Ferrachu
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2010, 09:59:23 am »
Species, design, and abillities wise; Fo'sho.
o:
Color design, not really.