2 (28.6%)
:heart::heart::heart:
2 (28.6%)
:heart::heart:
0 (0%)
:heart:
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: New Moon  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Fvzzball

• Take THAT Darwin! Natural selection doesn't win today!!
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 16
  • Never be afraid
New Moon
« on: June 04, 2008, 03:36:46 pm »
After being forced into reading this by some of my female friends, I read it again because I liked the storyline and characters.  It takes place i a small town and is about a high school student who meets and falls in love with a vampire.  Overall I found this book to be a great read and definitely recomend it. 

Offline AK

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 95
  • I need a fix, cos' I'm going down
Re: New Moon
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 02:05:08 am »
Is this that one written by the mormon chick where for some reason the coven of vampires goes to highschool and for some reason don't feed on people and one of them falls in love wit ha girls but in a very un-vampire like dealy they don't have crazy sex all the time?
Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?

Ron Paul in 2012

Offline EnriqueTSB

• Champion of Sombreros!
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 52
  • This exactly fills the limit of this text box yay!
    • FurAffinity - enriquetsb
    • Twitter - enriquetsb
  • Fursona Species: Jaguarundi
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 04:12:27 pm »
Is this that one written by the mormon chick where for some reason the coven of vampires goes to highschool and for some reason don't feed on people and one of them falls in love wit ha girls but in a very un-vampire like dealy they don't have crazy sex all the time?
I don't know about the Mormon part, but the rest sounds about right.

After being forced into reading this by some of my female friends, I read it again because I liked the storyline and characters.  It takes place i a small town and is about a high school student who meets and falls in love with a vampire.  Overall I found this book to be a great read and definitely recomend it. 
Some female friends got me hooked on this series too, and this book is my favorite from the series.  Unfortunately, a friend of mine spilled water on my copy.
  • Award - Beta Tester
"Everybody walks past a thousand story ideas every day. The good writers are the ones who see five or six of them. Most people don't see any."
--Orson Scott Card

Offline Benji Teh Wolf

• Foxxie's puppeh boi
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 14
  • I do what i can
    • FurAffinity - nightwolf101
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 03:44:23 pm »
I know this is kind of old, but i didnt want to create a new topic while this still existed. I just finished new moon and i think it was quite a good book. They knew how to keep you in suspense and the story line just keeps getting better.....i know ill be waiting a few months for eclipse to come into the library (cause i dont wanna buy the book) and i cant wait till i get to read it.....the series has just been really good to me.......oh and contrary to what my friend (who is a gir) says, JACOB SUCKS AND EDWARD RULES......that is all i have to say about it ^^

Offline Fenrir Dhusky

• ♥ ☠ ♥
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 25
  • ʕ·͡ᴥુʔ
    • Twitter - kurisha
  • Fursona Species: Dhusky
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 09:51:12 pm »
I wouldn't say I loved it. It was a good book, don't get me wrong, I just had to force myself to finish it. Something about Jacob and no Edward really took me for a loop. But I'm reading Eclipse so my Breaking Dawn doesn't collect dust and I'm waiting for Midnight Sun.

And, btw, either 11/21 or 12/12 Twilight is hitting the big screen. Enjoy. :3 Though it won't be as good as the book.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ [ ø ¤ | ☠ | ♥ | ☠ | ¤ ø] ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

» フェンリル «
» Dhole « | » Husky «
» ♊ « | » ♀ «

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ [ ø ¤ | ☠ | ♥ | ☠ | ¤ ø] ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Offline Benji Teh Wolf

• Foxxie's puppeh boi
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 14
  • I do what i can
    • FurAffinity - nightwolf101
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 09:52:22 pm »
omg yay there will be a fifth.....i hope i can get the others fromt he library before that one comes out xD

Offline Fenrir Dhusky

• ♥ ☠ ♥
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 25
  • ʕ·͡ᴥુʔ
    • Twitter - kurisha
  • Fursona Species: Dhusky
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 09:58:58 pm »
omg yay there will be a fifth.....i hope i can get the others fromt he library before that one comes out xD

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

Actually; it's like a prequel. It's Twilight all over again; only from Edward's point-of-view. But it might now come out.

» フェンリル «
» Dhole « | » Husky «
» ♊ « | » ♀ «

Offline Fvzzball

• Yellow Level
  • Never be afraid
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 10:04:13 pm »
I can't wait for it to come out. 

Offline Colecovision

• Flying ace
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 9
  • Challenge Accepted.
    • youtube
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 10:06:04 pm »
Me girlfriend is making me read the series....I just keep saying Ken Follet's Hornet Flight was a hell of alot better.......
Whats done is done. You can't change the past any more then you can change the number of stars in the sky. However, you can change the future, and when it comes to that, I have but one thing to say, and that is "Go for it". Because, when you're old and crippled, the things you'll regret most are the things you never did.

Offline Fvzzball

• Yellow Level
  • Never be afraid
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 12:08:30 am »
Do you like the series? 

Offline Colecovision

• Flying ace
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 9
  • Challenge Accepted.
    • youtube
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 09:37:11 am »
I just finished reading new moon last night......what a crappy beginning, middle, and end i hated this book more then i hated the first one
Whats done is done. You can't change the past any more then you can change the number of stars in the sky. However, you can change the future, and when it comes to that, I have but one thing to say, and that is "Go for it". Because, when you're old and crippled, the things you'll regret most are the things you never did.

Offline Mort

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 05:46:27 pm »
I love twilight but not for the same reason as everyone else seems to.
Everyone I know goes on and on about the characters, I just love the writing style, Stephanie Meyer is a fantastic author.

Shame she decided to sell out and make the movie :(
Dear Vienna~Paint my eye lids black and blue, but this kitty kat with still lash back at you.

Offline AK

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 95
  • I need a fix, cos' I'm going down
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 04:09:00 am »
Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?

Ron Paul in 2012

Offline Airbag!

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 27
  • Desudesu.
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 07:34:56 am »
I can't say Twilight really bothers me.  The one thing that bothers me are the fans who sit in circles reading excerpts from the books while drinking tomato juice and cutting themselves.  Some psychiatrist please read this and help these poor menaces to society.

It's not just the fans, though.  The haters are worse, as a matter of fact.  Who would have known that it would be more fun to hear someone go on for an hour about how much they like a book instead of going on for an hour about how much they hate it?

The one thing I can say that was good about the movie was the soundtrack.  It's too bad that they left that Radiohead song off of it, even though it was in the credits.  Or is that really a bad thing?  Still, Supermassive Black Hole was in the movie.  Seriously, that was the only reason I watched it.

I don't know about the Mormon part, but the rest sounds about right.

This response is only a few months from being a year late, but Meyer is indeed a mormon.  At least that's what I've been told and read on Wikipedia.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 07:42:56 am by Airbag! »
Mate of Shwintay!