Author Topic: Local Fur grp  (Read 2005 times)

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • Think before you speak!
    • Taris' Den
Local Fur grp
« on: April 21, 2005, 10:07:57 pm »
Ok, a freind and I are trying to find other furs in out area, and we are makeing up posters to atract them.  Before we can start putting them up, they have to be OKed by some perons or other, but these should be ok.  This is the one i've come up with...

no, it's not in an area near you.  just near where these go up  =P
join us on IRC using mIRC or XChat at irc.furnet.org  #furryteens

We are looking for new Half-Ops and Ops to moderate the IRC channel!  Please send applications to me in a PM!

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: -65493
Local Fur grp
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 01:02:30 am »
I think the poster looks okay. No noticable problems.

But where are you planning on posting them?

Offline vernelka

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 0
Local Fur grp
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 02:29:01 am »
English criticism incoming. ;)  First, it's "having", not "haveing".   And "anthorpomorphic" is an adjective; "anthropomorphism" is the noun.  A "better" definition might be Anthropomorphic (adj.):  Ascribing human motivation, characteristics, or behavior to animals.  I suppose it could also be possible to define it as "ascribing animal characteristics to humans," although that's essentially the wrong way around (although possibly more "correct" for the fandom).  Don't mind me, I'm just trying to help you make it look grammatically correct and all.

Also, if you're going to be posting a fair amount of these, you may want to consider how it would look if photocopied, as that would be faster and perhaps cheaper, depending on how many you print.  Printing a fair amount of such flyers could eat up your ink at a decent rate.

Furthermore, some of the text is a bit small for a flyer, especially the stuff on the bottom half.  People aren't likely to bother reading text if they walk past it in the hall.  Instead, you may consider a "tear-off" flyer.  Those are the kind that have little tabs at the bottom with relevant information so that the person can simply tear off a tab and not worry about having to remember a web address.  I'll see if I can find a good example on campus.

Finally, whitespace.  There's a bit too much whitespace at the top, I think.  Of course, if you went with the tear-off idea, it would help fix that.  Anyways, you should have whitespace, but not too much.  Too much whitespace can make something look minimal and uninteresting.  Oh, and make sure to leave border room when printing.  Some of the text is a bit to close to the border.

Taking some of this into account, I have created a concept of an alternative version of the flyer, here.  I think it looks a bit crowded, though.  Ah well, I threw it together in 10 minutes, and it's really just a concept.  Keep in mind, I am by no means an expert on these things.  Just offering a few suggestions.  I'll look around at flyers around here tomorrow and see if that gives me any further suggestions.

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
    • Taris' Den
Local Fur grp
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 07:18:43 am »
o.O  *looks at dictonary*  You lied to me!

thanks, i'll fix those typos asap.  as for the white space, be couse of how i layered it, adn the time of night, i didnt fel like moving the text up just yet.  that will happen today.  And i've seen the tear off things on flyers for instraments at school and all, so i know what ur talking about.  I think i'm going to do another with a faded pic of a fur or two in the background as well, after i get the time.

and, i plan on putting these up around school...  That's why they have to be OKed first.

We are looking for new Half-Ops and Ops to moderate the IRC channel!  Please send applications to me in a PM!

Offline Chip Redtail

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 11
  • Puppies are food! :P
Local Fur grp
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 07:46:40 am »
not a bad start
maybe yer posters will help make some progress with giving furs a better image
but, you might wanna make plenty of copies, they'll probly get torn down alot

when i was still in high school, everything got torn down all the time

btw, is that symbol at the bottom right a common furry symbol?

Offline Polaris

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 11
  • Causing cavities with every giggle.
    • Deviantart
Local Fur grp
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 11:29:27 am »
my old old dictionary says anthropomorphic means; To attribute human characteristics and qualities to gods and things.
Can't remember if it says if it's a noun or adjective. Who knows, maybe it's a transitive verb?
My memory has been screwing with me lately.

If you don't mind paying a monthly fee which can be absorbed by participating members, try meetup.com
You might even find a furry group already near you.
:staffedit-sig:

Offline FireHazard

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • The tiger with the flaming tail!
    • Podunk U
Local Fur grp
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 03:24:52 pm »
BTW, I know nobody asked, but if you wanna incorporate my furry symbol into the poster somehow, you have my permission -- since you liked it enough to want to pay to have it copyrighted. :fox-:):

If you do, please use the second version, and keep in mind that the angle of the points is 60 degrees each, not... whatever it is in a normal-shaped star, so the lines on opposite sides don't line up.

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
    • Taris' Den
Local Fur grp
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 11:59:32 pm »
right, uhhh...  where is that again?  >>

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
Local Fur grp
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2005, 01:28:35 am »
I think hes talking about the symbol he made and posted in this topic Jake http://lupinia.us/furryteens/forum/viewtopic.php?t=178

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
    • Taris' Den
Local Fur grp
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2005, 10:48:03 am »
ty simba, i couldn't rember where it was at...  ^^

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
Local Fur grp
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2005, 01:28:20 pm »
thats why I'm a moderater Jake XP

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
    • Taris' Den
Local Fur grp
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2005, 03:14:06 pm »
oh, yea.  =P  well, this final poster is done.  Unless you furs can find anything else it needs etc.  It's teh same link btw

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
    • Taris' Den
Local Fur grp
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2005, 10:52:07 pm »
well, a final revision is now up, go see.

It does have a link, to the fur peace site.  And i changed it from jsut group, to a youth group, becouse those hold a little more respect.  I also changed the email, to a more personalized one.  this way, i may put the poster up on the web in such a way so that the email can be changed, and the poster used in more places around in real life.
so here's the deal, make up an email that has ur cityname, and then furryteens, and put that on the poster. and put the poster around town and try to meet new furs.
Thats why I have the Email, so i dont have to get hate mail to my face.

anyway, i just got off work, and i'm tired.