Author Topic: Final Fantasy IV DS  (Read 719 times)

Offline Azul the Dingo

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • "Listen to compliments and embrace reason."
    • My YouTube Channel.
Final Fantasy IV DS
« on: August 05, 2008, 01:42:54 am »
 I've played the PS version, and I enjoyed it much so, with the GBA version being a drastically improved game, gameplay-wise, but with the DS version, the story finally edges one step closer to realism.
 The Augment system takes some getting used to, and I miss the Lunar Ruins.  However, even with other party members being "absent," you could still pretty much construct a character with Bardsong, Counter, Kick, and Recall.  Truly amazing, and the fact that you have to play the game through a third playthrough, it might sound tedious, but now there are some add-ons to make each playthrough well-suited.

Such as...

* Differentiating Augments
* Going along with Mini-games in tact
* Playing the game in English, Spanish, & French
* & being able to go against two optional super bosses.

In my opinion, Final Fantasy IV DS recieves a 9.5/10; the only flaws being minor glitches to game effecting glitches, and the removal of vocals to the "Theme of Love."

∞ Infinity is the essence of failure; Go for #1 ☆
[img width= height= alt=WAzul.[] - brought to you by" border="0][/img]
"Need Rp?" - I'm always willing to start one, just tell meh when!' -
" Glory to God, it is broken! They Are Free!! " - Hale. Act 1 Sc.1
" ... and here I am, with a tooth of gold, and no one to smile at.." - Fortunato.

Offline Fvzzball

• Take THAT Darwin! Natural selection doesn't win today!!
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 16
  • Never be afraid
Re: Final Fantasy IV DS
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 12:21:46 am »
I thought it was semi-good, didn't like it that much. 

Offline Roffo

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 6
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 01:09:51 am »
I am a fan of the Final Fantasy series, and was glad to see this game come out for the DS. I found it much more challanging than the original. The story line is classic, and the characters are all fantastic (We love you Kain!  :D). The battle system is great, kinda slow though, but still fun. This game is great if you want to kill some time, or if your traveling on a bus and in the mood to get your mind off of things.

I never beaten 4 for the DS though, because I gave the game to my uncle who just loved playing the FF series back when he was younger. So if you loved playing the classic Final Fantasy games, you'll be going back in time playing the remakes.

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
  • Cookies: 48
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 01:49:05 am »
I think I have the game. But I dont play it.

Offline Durandal

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 4
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 12:42:22 am »
I hope they come out with Final Fantasy 6 DS, the final boss('s) in 3D and redone music would be EPIC <3