Offline Varlen

• So Amaze, Such
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 103
  • FTS RESODENT WIERDO SMILE DOOER.
  • Fursona Species: El Skunko!
Spore?
« on: December 15, 2008, 03:55:26 pm »
For those who don't know (so, like, everyone) I have awaited this game for more than two years now - long before its release when Spore was first ever announced. At the time I was an avid PC gamer (I have since wondered breifly onto the xBox 360 and then the Big N Wii platforms) but I have now moved on, once more.

Megadrives are fun <3

Anyway, I would have bought this game a long time ago, but my PC got sick when my sister touched it, because she is the devil, and she hates all things. And used limewire to download an executable file, and then tried to use it. Brilliant.
It has also taken so long to fix my PC due to several unfortunate incidents, which shall not be listed here. But, anyway, several of my 'gamer' friends (who, in my opinion, can barely be classed as such) have said very poor things about Spore. But they also slagged off Fallout 3, and that game is the best thing ever. I'm never going to Washington, it's full of giant horrible bugs and nuclear monsters! AHHH!!!!11!1!1one!1!!!.

But, they did also say bad things about games I did not like. So, I shall ask you people here for your opinion, as you actually have access to a PC, rather than access to your friends borrowed copy of a game you don't fully understand, like so many people I know in that hell-trolly they call the 'Real World'.

So, Spore. Is it worth my money? Can you really make a race of Care Bares? What are the pros and cons of it?

Is it worth my money??
  • Flag - banana
  • Award - Beta Tester
Var's Vid of the Week:
Week 13, AK Underwater. If you have any suggestions for the Vid of the Week, pm me! ^.^

Offline Mik

• [Insert something meaningful here]
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 68
  • Piece o' Piss ya bloody fruitshop owners!
    • DeviantArt - mikunefolf
    • FurAffinity - mikune
    • Twitter - MikuneFolf
  • Fursona Species: Folf
Re: Spore?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 03:57:41 pm »
I was going to get it on PC but I got it on DS from someone and its rubbish on DS its not even a strat game...0_0. But it is on PC.

Offline WolfieTaddy

• Your Friendly Neighbourhood MK Lightning Ice Hockey Nut
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 20
  • Mummy...That Wolf Ate His Homework XD
    • DWT Productions
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 06:36:48 am »
I think that spore, contrary to a few opinions in my circe of friends, is a good game, minus the space stage. it's not that it's such a bad part of the game, it just seems to become a little same old same old. i'm not quite sure i put that right lol

Offline Airbag!

• Green Level
  • Candies: 27
  • Desudesu.
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 10:20:07 pm »
I liked Spore, but found it kinda short and repetitive.  It's a good game overall, though.  I think it was sorta over-hyped, though.  If you want something to do for an hour or so every day, I'd reccommend buying it.
Mate of Shwintay!

Offline Roofus

• Resident Grumpy Old Fur
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 86
  • Whatupwidat?
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 06:27:06 pm »
Spore was a game I really, really looked forward too. It DOES NOT live up to the hype. Don't get me wrong, it IS a good game...it just gets old fast. The best thing about it is the creature creation, other than that it's just The Sims in a new box. If you like The Sims, then you'll love it. If you, like me, found The Sims a little dull...then maybe it ain't for you.

Offline Mik

• [Insert something meaningful here]
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 68
  • Piece o' Piss ya bloody fruitshop owners!
    • DeviantArt - mikunefolf
    • FurAffinity - mikune
    • Twitter - MikuneFolf
  • Fursona Species: Folf
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 05:21:24 am »
The thing that I dont like is the strange cartoonish style of the creatures, I just think its wierd.

Offline Airbag!

• Green Level
  • Candies: 27
  • Desudesu.
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 07:01:45 pm »
It's not entirely like The Sims by itself.  There's definitely some aspects taken from The Sims, but there's a lot of influence from games like Civilization and SimCity.  Also, the second phase has controls that feel sort of like WoW's.
Mate of Shwintay!

Offline Varlen

• So Amaze, Such
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 103
  • FTS RESODENT WIERDO SMILE DOOER.
  • Fursona Species: El Skunko!
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 07:51:20 pm »
I've never played WoW, but I do really like the Sims. I have already preordered my copy of The Sims Three  :fox-:P:

Sandbox games make me happy inside.
  • Flag - banana
  • Award - Beta Tester
Var's Vid of the Week:
Week 13, AK Underwater. If you have any suggestions for the Vid of the Week, pm me! ^.^

Offline Aerion

• The local mellow, game-playing, daydreaming, philosophical wolf-boy
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 43
  • Remaining lives: 1
    • My scrap book of ideas and misc. (feel free to post)
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 10:14:12 am »
Up to the space-age, it's fun (shorter than the initial trailers implies though, as lots of stuff has apparently been cut out due to being too difficult to put in, such as the whole "teach your tribe how to do stuff" phase I was looking forward to)
After the space-age begins, I recommend finding the money cheat, just to get SOME entertainment out of it, before you declare it done.

Basically, it's worth it if you can get it cheap (perhaps used?)
"Life's journey is not about arriving at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride""
"Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means you are two steps ahead"
"Invoke not common sense, for it is not common"
"A life without joy is a wasted one, and you got but one to waste."
"To touch the clouds, you need to reach for the stars"
Fantasy games are for n00bs, try playing a game about reality

Offline TotemWolfie887

• Red Level
  • Candies: 0
  • A peaceful world makes me happy--bananas,too.
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 08:34:43 pm »
I personally love Spore excluding the space age, just because I love RP games where you can not only create ur own character but ur own world (one of the reasons I didn't like SimCity Wii.) However the Civilization stage is quite boring and the Space Stage gets irritating at times. The Tribal Stage would have to be my favorite.
"You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him discover it in himself."
                 --Galileo Galilie

"Um...yeah...what he said."
                 --TotemWolfie887

Offline Ash Cat

• Red Level
  • Candies: 6
  • Viva la Furry!!!
    • FurAffinity - AshLabyrinth
  • Fursona Species: Black cat
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 11:33:58 am »
After awaiting this for more than two years I was somewhat dissapointed. Its very repetitive and I found there wasn't as much as I was expecting. Character creation is pretty good and graphics are very good.
We're all going to hell. Ah well, at least it's warm in there :D

Offline Itami / Suki

• The Darkest Rose in the Whitest Snow
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 19
  • I'm in your nightmares, making them reality.
    • DeviantArt - skullzie01
    • FurAffinity - skullzie
    • Twitter - itami19
  • Fursona Species: White Taber (White tiger/tabby)
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 04:22:59 pm »
I got the demo when it came out online and fell in love for about a week... I do own the game now, but, due to my computer crash, I have not been able to play it for some time. It is repetetive, but if you like making things and tinkering with objects and you have the patience to do so, then I think it is worth it. DO NOT GET THE WII, DS, OR PHONE VERSIONS! THEY ARE GARBAGE!
Never have i felt so happy. Never have i felt so alive. You are my one and only. I love you Nazia. Forever and always.