Author Topic: Active Worlds  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Striker

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
    • Striker FurArt
Active Worlds
« on: August 14, 2005, 05:46:53 pm »
There's an awsome browser called the Active Worlds browser. It's an awsome aviator based vurtual reality chat community where you move through this vurtual world, and can build awsome structures that defie the laws of physics. I've never used awsome so many times in a single scentance. See www.activeworlds.com for more information. Also, see my website to see my builds.

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • Think before you speak!
    • Taris' Den
Active Worlds
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 11:12:28 pm »
ok, right after reading this, i went and checked out Active Worlds.  I then IMed Striker, and we exploerd some of the worlds we could as freeloaders.
This place is HUGE.  Ok, take something really really big, and then make it even bigger.  It is by far one of the largest continues worlds i have ever been in.

Anyway striker has built a little home for himself, and building for us furs to hang out in.  To get there, go to
World: Petagoina
Coordinates: 34S 210E

It takes some getting used to, and some quick learning, but it's worth it for being free and all.
join us on IRC using mIRC or XChat at irc.furnet.org  #furryteens

We are looking for new Half-Ops and Ops to moderate the IRC channel!  Please send applications to me in a PM!

Offline Striker

• Red Level
    • Striker FurArt
Active Worlds
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 07:44:26 pm »
Quote from: Jake

World: Petagoina
Coordinates: 34S 210E
please note that the world is listed as "Pata" on the worlds list. If you have any further qurstions, IM me.

Offline Striker

• Red Level
    • Striker FurArt
Active Worlds
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 01:49:36 am »
Did I mention you can put up art work? Given you have a web page, you can put your work on the walls. Also, I have started leaving messages on the wall of the Furry Teens HQ I built. the quardenents should be close to what Jake mentioned.

Offline Striker

• Red Level
    • Striker FurArt
New AW HQ
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 10:08:07 pm »
I have started building a huge new head quarters for our use. It will be 4 storys tall, and takes up the entire block it sits on. I will need some help working on it, due to its size. I still need to pick out the flooring, and exactly what i'm going to put in it. Im concidering giving each member of the forem a floor, making each uniqe. You can get there by clicking on the message I left in the current HQ.

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Cookies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
Active Worlds
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 01:15:07 am »
I checked it out briefly, wasn't overly impressed with the game.  Nice building, though.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Striker

• Red Level
    • Striker FurArt
Active Worlds
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 04:55:39 pm »
Once you get in to, wait, did you call it "A GAME"! I would hardly call it a game. It is a tool for communication. It is a rather peacfull place too. It takes time to descover all the attributes. 4.1 is coming this month. Everyone's been waiting for it. It gives you the abuility to drive or fly a vehical, and thats just a small chunk of the mountain. I spend way too much time on it. litteraly. give it another shot, talk to people. Play some chess. There are plenty of interesting charictors on the main world, Alpha World (AW).you have mearly scraped the snow off the tip of the iceburg.check and mate.